The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The moment Bo Horvat became captain

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

3 hours ago, danjr said:

The thing that really stuck out in this video are the really feeling hugs that both Petey and Brock give to Bo.
It really shows how deeply they care about him.  All the other guys give manly man hugs and pats.  Shows with those three leading the way, the locker room should be awesome.

That stood out to me too. Brock and Petey both gave him a real hug, not that man clap hug. Shows a lot how much they look up to Bo. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, danjr said:

The thing that really stuck out in this video are the really feeling hugs that both Petey and Brock give to Bo.
It really shows how deeply they care about him.  All the other guys give manly man hugs and pats.  Shows with those three leading the way, the locker room should be awesome.

Thought Markstrom and Leivo looked genuinely really happy for Bo as well

• Upvote 2

This was so many shades of awesome.

Marky seems so absolutely genuinely a team guy....stood out to be that he seems sincerely happy for Bo.

Love seeing Manny in there.

Had a second where I think I caught Petey thinking..."maybe?".  But I think it serves him best to NOT have to be everything to everyone.   Be awesome, Petey...that's a tall order in itself.  Could have a few captains on this team...it's that full of individuals of integrity, dedication and leadership.

This was a really great moment/video.  I'm glad we got to see the team embracing Bo in his new role...so well deserved and much anticipated.  This group is special.

3 hours ago, Down by the River said:

Same here. It's entirely because of the age I was, but the WCE was the most fun I've had watching hockey. 

No need for the excuse of your age at the time... that was an amazing line and one of the best in the league for a couple years. Endless highlights of Bertuzzi and Naslund with big time goals at big moments as well.

6 hours ago, danjr said:

Totally,

I examined each one of those hugs under a microscope, trying to read body language and decipher what each player really thought of Bo.  Anyone else do that?

I thought it was Hughes, Pettersson, Boeser and Edler (and surprisingly Benn?) that were the most genuinely happy for him.  Good to see that.

4 minutes ago, Saved_by_Jesus said:

Totally,

I examined each one of those hugs under a microscope, trying to read body language and decipher what each player really thought of Bo.  Anyone else do that?

I thought it was Hughes, Pettersson, Boeser and Edler (and surprisingly Benn?) that were the most genuinely happy for him.  Good to see that.

Loui looks like he’s already checked out on this season and the team.  He just had that “I am done” look about him. 

• Haha 2

Seeing Marky’s big ass smile warmed my soul. He was so happy for Bo. Also the little extra back rub Boeser gave Bo when they hugged. Dunno why but that was extra nice. Boeser seems like he genuinely cares a lot about people. Great video. Made me feel feelings. I need to punch down a tree to exert my manliness, we aren’t supposed to show feelings. :ph34r:

• Like 2