The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rank Cdn teams, for 2021 Div-Order

Rate this topic

On 10/19/2019 at 12:34 PM, Bertorama said:

Oilers Playoffs maybe Finals 

Flames Playoffs 

Maple Leafs Playoffs 

Canucks Playoffs go deep surprising no Canuck fan. 

Habs Miss the Dance 

Jets Buffman returns but fat and out of shape ready for hibernation. 

Sens rebuild is on. 

Could be, but I got the Laffs as a ticking time bomb!

• 1 month later...

If we & the Habs win our next two, that'd be FIVE Cdn teams hitting 34 games played, at precisely 40 pts. 5 plucky, pretty impressive squads. Prob Winterpeg deserves the most praise(if we're being honest), based on early-season forecasts.. & they've only played 32, in fact.

Then you got OTT, who KNOW they need to tank, & grab lots of nice youth(looking fwds, with tonnes of upside).

Then you got the much ballyhooed Fleas..who don't know what's what, nor who the heck they are?!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I wouldn’t put too much stock into regular season points total when ranking Canadian teams this year as it is to jam-packed and several teams within a 1 point or 2 of one another. Let’s see who can make it the furthest in the playoffs.

• Cheers 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

3 1/2 weeks to play

Edmonton 83pts

Toronto 79pts

Calgary 79pts

Winnipeg 78pts

Vancouver 76pts

Montreal 71pts

Ottawa 62pts

Odd stat...with Ottawa's 12OTL's they only have 2 more regulation losses than Montreal, 4 more than Winnipeg and 5 more than Vancouver/Calgary.

• 5 months later...
On 10/26/2019 at 3:56 AM, Nuxfanabroad said:

More & more appearing Cdn folk are gonna have to look west(& stay up late!) for inspiration...

All of Canada must indeed look WEST for INSPIRATION!!!

edit: btw, that media propaganda worked on many. Lots of folks forecast the Fleas to top the Cdn entries.

Edited by Nuxfanabroad

On 8/21/2020 at 10:35 PM, Nuxfanabroad said:

Y'all just know I absolutely HAAATE to say I told ya's so...but, wayy back last October..I TOLD ya's so!

All of Canada must indeed look WEST for INSPIRATION!!!

edit: btw, that media propaganda worked on many. Lots of folks forecast the Fleas to top the Cdn entries.

I had TOR beating out EDM, who I thought would be injury riddled and have less points. 

Losing Marner and Reilly for a chunk and J.T. put a dent in their plans, for sure. 
Their one trick pony wasn’t there to pull that $&!# show along.

Dumbass over there should be fired, period. 

With all he had to work with in giant assets, he still hasn’t managed to make necessary trades to balance that roster out. Unbelievable. All that wealth and he can’t manage to trade off AM or something for a Lindros-light type deal. Losers. 

Van was spiraling and was saved by the virus, but they finished about where I had them, a wildcard or better, but not by much. 

Too bad the Canucks couldn’t have faced the Laughs for that first series. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

I had TOR beating out EDM, who I thought would be injury riddled and have less points. 

Losing Marner and Reilly for a chunk and J.T. put a dent in their plans, for sure. 
Their one trick pony wasn’t there to pull that $&!# show along.

Dumbass over there should be fired, period. 

With all he had to work with in giant assets, he still hasn’t managed to make necessary trades to balance that roster out. Unbelievable. All that wealth and he can’t manage to trade off AM or something for a Lindros-light type deal. Losers. 

Van was spiraling and was saved by the virus, but they finished about where I had them, a wildcard or better, but not by much. 

Too bad the Canucks couldn’t have faced the Laughs for that first series. 

This here thread is pretty much wasted. Like to make these kind(prediction types) where we can all glance back at what was called; yet this whole COVID thing pretty much mangled the outlook.

In truth, figure the Laffs were gonna make the dance, but mostly because the Cats/goalie Bob were so horrendous(& their Div a joke). From the very start, with AM's embarrassing Ariz-antics & the Babcock drama, that overhyped machine was a misfiring clunker.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

This here thread is pretty much wasted. Like to make these kind(prediction types) where we can all glance back at what was called; yet this whole COVID thing pretty much mangled the outlook.

In truth, figure the Laffs were gonna make the dance, but mostly because the Cats/goalie Bob were so horrendous(& their Div a joke). From the very start, with AM's embarrassing Ariz-antics & the Babcock drama, that overhyped machine was a misfiring clunker.

Wow, forgot all about Babdickcock and that circus! 

On 1/21/2020 at 8:05 AM, ruilin96 said:

I wouldn’t put too much stock into regular season points total when ranking Canadian teams this year as it is to jam-packed and several teams within a 1 point or 2 of one another. Let’s see who can make it the furthest in the playoffs.

:gocan: Go Canucks Go :gocan:

• 2 weeks later...