This will change every 10 games. I think on paper:

Van

Tor

Win

Calgary

Edm

Mon

Ott

However, put effort and heart into the mix and the table is upside down, similar with what we're seeing in the standings:

Tor

Mon

Ott

Cal

Edm

Win

Van

We have a perfect balance of attack, defence and potentially great goaltending, we're just not harboring any of it. Meanwhile weaker teams are playing their guts out like we'll see against Montreal. On paper MTL and OTT should be garbage but they all work hard and play well together as a unit. We're still skating like it's the preseason.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/15/2021 at 10:52 PM, Westcoasting said:

Ugh! Your namesake would be hugely disappointed in that thought!! Good to see you here again :)

I just don't think Toronto can win when it matters with that lineup.  I think they will likely dominate regular season but once the going gets tough, just shrink in stature.

• Cheers 1

On 1/20/2021 at 8:46 AM, DownUndaCanuck said:

Van

Tor

Win

Calgary

Edm

Mon

Ott

However, put effort and heart into the mix and the table is upside down, similar with what we're seeing in the standings:

Tor

Mon

Ott

Cal

Edm

Win

Van

We have a perfect balance of attack, defence and potentially great goaltending, we're just not harboring any of it. Meanwhile weaker teams are playing their guts out like we'll see against Montreal. On paper MTL and OTT should be garbage but they all work hard and play well together as a unit. We're still skating like it's the preseason.

I don't see Montreal as garbage on paper. That's a damn good hockey team on paper, and on the ice.

• Vintage 1

3 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

I just don't think Toronto can win when it matters with that lineup.  I think they will likely dominate regular season but once the going gets tough, just shrink in stature.

I’m with you there and really hope they don’t go far! Have a few friends who are die hard leafs fans and it drives me nuts lol. I met Rob Zepp at a charity fishing event a couple years  ago and that dude is insanely Leafs Nation all the way as well! 

On 1/20/2021 at 5:46 PM, DownUndaCanuck said:

Van

Tor

Win

Calgary

Edm

Mon

Ott

Tor

Mon

Ott

Cal

Edm

Win

Van

If Montreal is garbage what makes Vancouver :lol: ?

Edited by iinatcc

On 1/20/2021 at 8:46 AM, DownUndaCanuck said:

Van

Tor

Win

Calgary

Edm

Mon

Ott

Tor

Mon

Ott

Cal

Edm

Win

Van

Montreal on paper isn't exactly garbage. That being said, the Canucks have an interpersonal issue going on that needs to be addressed. Those games against Montreal were nothing short of pathetic as far as effort and heart. The team hopefully was as embarrassed as some fans were watching those games. Vancouver has enough legitimate talent to make a dent, but they lack the heart to do so. That's what needs to change.