The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Todd Bertuzzi should be in the ring of honor.

Rate this topic

CanuckGAME

Should Todd Bertuzzi be inducted into the ring of honor?  

83 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The top 10 Canucks of all time?

1) Linden - retired jersey

2) Bure- retired jersey

3) Nazzy - retired jersey

4) Bert

5) Smyl - retired jersey

6) McLean -ROH

7) Hank -  soon to be retired jersey

8) Danny - soon to be retired jersey

9) Pat Quinn - ROH 

10) Kurtenbach - ROH 

Looks like an obvious choice to me. It would be a travesty if he was left out IMHO.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

The top 10 Canucks of all time?

1) Linden - retired jersey

2) Bure- retired jersey

3) Nazzy - retired jersey

4) Bert

5) Smyl - retired jersey

6) McLean -ROH

7) Hank -  soon to be retired jersey

8) Danny - soon to be retired jersey

9) Pat Quinn - ROH 

10) Kurtenbach - ROH 

Looks like an obvious choice to me. It would be a travesty if he was left out IMHO.

Bro.

Bro......

Brah.

Did you make a list of greatest canucks of all time and put Danny and Hank #7 & #8?

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

To those arguing about longevity here - I don't think Bert would have been gone had the incident not happened.  

And love that the guys who want toughness also accuse players of floating.   He'd sometimes park himself in front of the net and it's a tough gig, but somebody's gotta do it.   Calling him the biggest floater is ridiculous...he worked, hard, out there.  He played a massively physical game and, yes, it takes a toll and sometimes you may need a breather.  Some here who SCREAM for toughness really don't consider that.

You don't contribute on a line like the WCE if you're a floater.   The fact that the line had success was due to their chemistry, skill and (often) with Bert driving the net or being enough of a force out there to allow Nazzy and Mo to do their stuff.

I hate the comments by some who are clearly looking for things to cherry pick and are isolated but, in a big picture way, tell me Bert wasn't an asset here?    Or you wouldn't want someone like him here now?  I would.  

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, debluvscanucks said:

To those arguing about longevity here - I don't think Bert would have been gone had the incident not happened.  

If so, that would have sucked.

Love Bert, but moving him for Luongo was one of the best trades in franchise history.

• Upvote 1

Just now, D-Money said:

If so, that would have sucked.

Love Bert, but moving him for Luongo was one of the best trades in franchise history.

I don't dispute that (at all).  Can't.

But Bert didn't abandon the city as it would indicate by suggesting he wasn't here that long (and just passing through).  It was what it was.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

But Bert didn't abandon the city as it would indicate by suggesting he wasn't here that long (and just passing through).  It was what it was.

And it is what it is: Only 518 regular season games played, 24 playoff games, and 1 measly playoff series win...which was immediately followed by one of the worst playoff chokes in franchise history.

The numbers just aren't there to support Ring of Honour. (Contrast that to Burrows, who played 822 regular season games, 70 playoff games, and 6 playoff series wins...including a franchise-defining series-winning goal).

It would already be questionable without the black eye of the Moore incident. That's just the final nail in the coffin.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

The truth is the “choir boy” press in this town and fans aligned with that same type of freak out mentality, buried him.

Had more in this city come to his defence during and just after the fact , I think Bert could have recaptured his career form game for at least 3 more seasons.

That squad was destined for greatness that season..  but the inaction of rubber neck NHL brass did not act on Moores intent to injure Naslund..  Had they done that minor, but major detail, none of this would have happened.

Coach Tony Granato was a major motivating factor in what happened and should have been banned himself.

Its a shame what happened,. But a true investigation should still happen regarding the decisions and actions made that led up to that one point in time.

Yes, ..“ it is what it is”..   but what made “it” happen should be a huge lesson to learn for every one.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1