The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Philadelphia Flyers At A Team Like That October 12 7PM CBC

Rate this topic

AlwaysACanuckFan

4 hours ago, The Great 8 said:

The flyers have only played twice so far. They’re gonna be full of energy in this one. Still Canucks win 4-3!

Could also work against them. Not having their legs under them yet. Not in a groove. We also are coming off 2 day break, only 2 games in the last 7 days. So we aren't exactly tired ourselves and could still be riding the high from the last game. If anything they should be more worried about us than we should be about them.

• Upvote 1

Spoke with a visiting Flyers fan on my way to the skytrain yesterday. He was excited about their chances for making the playoffs and thought that Kevin Hayes will be a big addition to their forward group. He also thought that Carter Hart will be the next superstar goalie, which I agreed with. In two games so far this season the kid has a 0.946 save percentage and 1.5 GAA (one shutout). Small sample size, I know, but last year as 20 year-old rookie his play in 31 NHL games was actually better than his play in the AHL.

I'm thinking it will be a 3-2 or 2-1 game for the good guys. Virtanen giving everyone their first shotgun of the season and another multi-point evening from Hughes. 

• Upvote 1