The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Philadelphia Flyers At A Team Like That October 12 7PM CBC

Rate this topic

AlwaysACanuckFan

34 minutes ago, HockeyHarry said:

Canucks Flyers sooo exciting....it’s crazy.

Hopefully Canucks PP is on fire today and the Canucks pk remains a prefect 100%

i just wish it’s was Sportsnet John and John tonight and not CBC.

BC316DC6-1EBD-41CC-B2A8-4D539A410113.gif

Markstrom with the big save, feeds the puck to Hughes, Hughes with the shot, Miller pounces on the rebound and scores.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, HockeyHarry said:

Was that ottawa vs arizona last year? Or Edmonton vs buffalo. Not the best feed but not ESPNs worst....

*still better than Fox with the puck streaks....

Edited by MystifyNCrucify

9 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Either Blue home or Blue alternate, they were wearing blue in morning skate today. They wear skate practice gear when they wear the skate jerseys 

Should have checked twitter.
new 3rd.... i hate it. They removed the white from the green trim and now it looks gaudy as hell.... Gaudette might make it look good i guess, that said.

canucks-new-heritage-third-jersey.jpg

3 minutes ago, fecklund said:

new 3rd.... i hate it. They removed the white from the green trim and now it looks gaudy as hell.... Gaudette might make it look good i guess, that said.

I like the 3rd honestly I saw the renderings people have done adding white and it looks cleaner with the green on blue. 

And most importantly, looks noticeably different than our primary jersey. Our last alternate I could be watching warmups for 5 minutes before realizing they were wearing the alternate. 

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, fecklund said:

I hate it too.  A big NO from me.  I will be buying a black skate jersey this year though....I will always love that one.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, fecklund said:

Those look hideous, ick! 

I bought a Petey skate jersey, that I’m awaiting to arrive. Those retro skate jerseys are sexy!

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Randorf is awful

I'd rather listen to Randorf or Debrusk than Hughson or Simpson.   I don't know if Randorf was born in BC but he lived here a long time.  In the 90s I used to play fastball against his team at Counaught park in Kits.  He seemed like a decent guy.  And even though Loui D played for both Edmonton and Boston he seems like decent, balanced guy as well.   Most of his commentary is pretty even or unbiased.  I remember on an After Hours in the spring he told Petey "I know you're a humble guy and you won't say it but in my opinion you're winning the Calder"

Even though Hughson was the Canucks play by play for a few years he forgot all about that as soon as he moved back to TO.  Plus him & Simpson seem like jerks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HockeyHarry said:

Yeah same, getting tired already of hearing Dave Randorf and co.  Rather hear our own broadcasting team instead.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I hate it too.  A big NO from me.  I will be buying a black skate jersey this year though....I will always love that one.

I got to be honest, I don't get all the love for the black skate.

To me it's:

1.the original skate in rink - the best jersey by far

2. everything else - who cares - except

3. the "V" for Vancouver - the worst jersey in the history of sports

Edited by Cali Canuck

46 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

CBC is so stale.

And Toronto-centric.

We always have to watch the eastern game, overtime, shoot out, interviews, fawning highlights when, meanwhile, our game has already started and they have all the technology to show ours and send that Leaf, Hab, crap back east where it belongs, but they don't.

Sometimes its not even hockey; its frickin' boring American baseball or criminals playing American basketball or whatever the All American Toronto audience wants.

Ron (throw Burr under the bus) MacLean is a creep, creeping around the party half-undressed and half-drunk.

Smarmy Simp Simpson with his Edmonton/Toronto bias and know-it-all (but doesn't) attitude, and non-stop motor mouth even when the play has restarted, and he talks over the the play-by-play.

John and John are so much better, both at play-by-play and colour commentary (plus Cheech is an ex-Canuck and pure-bred homer).

Plus (and I will stop now), our tax dollars go to paying these overpaid drips.

CBC has nothing to do with the broadcast, Rogers owns all Canadian broadcasting rights for national games. The CBC doesn't even own the commercials all they get to do is run promos.

4 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Flyin' V's would be an utterly epic fail.

Yeah - kept hitting submit by mistake I finally got it fixed - they are the worst jerseys in the history of sports.

Fixed it for you.

Edited by Cali Canuck
more info