The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Philadelphia Flyers at Vancouver Canucks | Oct. 12, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, Toyotasfan said:

Ferland and played less than Schaller tonight, but I noticed Schaller tonight, I didn’t notice Ferland at all. 

Ferland was involved I thought, maybe his best game so far imo. 

But I have to admit, Schaller is doing much better than I thought he would. I'm also wondering if maybe Jake spending time with Beagle isn't a very good idea. Maybe Beagle can help Jake get a bit more hockey IQ to his game. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, AllWeatherFan said:

Leivo was BRUTAL tonight. Can't have another game like that with the talent we have sitting in Utica. Can't believe TG had him out in OT.

(Like seeing Petey gets pissed off).

Had a lot of chances to finish, I thiml TG likss his work ethic and aggressive for check just no finish today anyways

2 minutes ago, Bertuzzi44ever said:

For anyone wondering why that wasn’t a penalty shot, I’ll explain.

it states that if a player loses his stick while falling but that interrupts the play, as it did then it’s the officials decision if it warrants a penalty or not and we got the powerplay. Meaning the official didn’t need to call one but he did, yet people still complained conspiracy even a mod. (In so many words) ugh.

the minor is called throwing the stick but he didnt actually throw it. They can’t change the name of the penalty to losing the stick but anyway...

If he had intentionally it’s a penalty shot.

-

now as for the game....

i don’t want to be negative by saying a wins a win? I don’t know.

were going to be batting for a wildcard and we could of had a ROW win and this could be a tiebreaker with someone like Anaheim it san Jose at the end of the year but for now I’ll just be happy.

i just didn’t like sitting in the lead, green uses the refs as a scapegoat every time count how many penalirs

he complains on.

why don’t we ever go for the insurance goal?

we are not the only team to do this.

anyway, 2-2 I’ll take it.

we just shouldn’t have been the more tired team in the third with their insane travel three games in three countries two continents lol

And if anyone wants to know the REAL reason from the rules, it’s because it didn’t prevent a reasonable attempt at a shot or pass. Look it up. It has ZERO to do with being intentional. Just like accidental trips or high sticks, that just doesn’t matter. 

• Upvote 4

This game shows the depth and balance of the team that Benning has built. The Bo and Petey were held off, but we still generated offence (turd period not so much)

All 6 defence played well. Liked the Benn crunch.

Marky.

That was a tight game, no space. Marvin the Martian wouldn’t be pleased.

Leivo has my vote for most frustrating player. Puck died on his stick. I agree with another poster maybe Leivo is being showcased for a trade.

Ferland is coming around, he was throwing some meat around, saw some hustle. Maybe revert back to the original plan, 6-40-79, 53-9-70.

Jake looks lost. Maybe Jake-Guad-Sven?

Credit when credit is due, Schaller, good game.

Go Canucks Go!!!

I believe!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Hindustan Smyl said:

Tanner Pearson has very quietly been an extremely effective player for Vancouver during his short tenure here.      

The common consensus is that we’ll move on from Pearson when his contract expires, but I think we might need to reconsider this if he keeps this up.

He's under contract for this season and next. If he keeps this up between now and the Summer of 2021, I could see him getting an extension... but only time will tell. I like what he brings now and that's a good thing. 

5 minutes ago, brownky said:

I fart in your general direction.

It sucks as HEY HEY HEY HEY a goal song. It's a HEY HEY HEY HEY good song, but as a goal song on that short HEY HEY HEY HEY loop it's... just bad.

When you phrase it like that, it's not so bad, and I agree to a degree. 

To straight up say the song sucks is just silly.

AV just ripped the Canucks in the 2011 final

lol

he said the rangers in 2014 were closer to the cup then the Canucks because their losses were all in double overtime when they lost in five compared to the Canucks in 7 because there wasn’t one game in Boston that was close.

his words not

mine

• Wat 1

2 minutes ago, 6string said:

Schaller quietly settling into his fourth line and PK role, another strong game.

Leivo settling into Green's version of Desjardin's Jayson Megna.

Another too many men, c'mon man!

3 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Leivo is being shopped to make room for Roussel imo

• Upvote 1

Here's my post-game assessment: 

Good:

Pearson - always looking to create scoring chances! Nice tip in goal + winner in SO 

Myers  - played like a beast tonight!! 

Virtanen - much improved and showed a lot of hunger!

Not so good: 

Ferland - still struggling to fit in 

Schaller - too tentative with the puck, had one good blocked shot 

Leivo - lacked confidence with the puck but had a lot of energy to show 

• Cheers 1