The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] NJ Goaltending Problem

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, Patrick Jane said:

How much longer before NJ looks for a goaltender. Schneider has been poor and injury prone and the team has had terrible start too the season. 

So what Goalie should they target? And is Taylor Hall really gonna resign.

Demko for Hall?  Hall is basically a loaner for one year.  

4 hours ago, Alflives said:

Don't have anywhere near the cap space to make that deal work at all, also loaner or not we'd have to add significantly on that deal. 

Edited by canuck73_3

• 3 weeks later...

Markstrom for Palmieri + 2nd?

Dont really want to give up one of our goalies as it’s good to have 2 guys in net that you can rely on. But adding Palmieri will give us an extra top 6 winger under good contract and will be a good addition to our group. If this happens, we will need to bring in a reliable back up to help out Demko.

On 10/14/2019 at 1:55 PM, Alflives said:

F no. Demko is going to be better than Markstrom. But the idea of Markstrom to the Devils is tempting. Especially how Dipietro has looked in Utica thus far. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Pickly said:

F no. Demko is going to be better than Markstrom. But the idea of Markstrom to the Devils is tempting. Especially how Dipietro has looked in Utica thus far. 

I wonder if this is the current JB plan?  Trade Demko at the 2020 draft for a mid first round pick (that recoups our first round pick Tbay is taking) and extend Marky.  Then Dipietro is the back-up next season.  

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I wonder if this is the current JB plan?  Trade Demko at the 2020 draft for a mid first round pick (that recoups our first round pick Tbay is taking) and extend Marky.  Then Dipietro is the back-up next season.  

Dipietro probably needs 3 seasons in the AHL and at least one being the number one and not splitting duties like he is at the moment. Hard to imagine the Canucks trading Demko especially with how patient and efficiently they have brought him along. 

Just now, Pickly said:

Dipietro probably needs 3 seasons in the AHL and at least one being the number one and not splitting duties like he is at the moment. Hard to imagine the Canucks trading Demko especially with how patient and efficiently they have brought him along. 

Either Marky or Demko will need to be traded prior to the expansion draft.  I'm guessing the guy's value drops as the expansion draft comes closer, because other teams know the Canucks have to trade one of the two.  That's why I think Demko is traded at the 2020 draft and we extend Marky.  Demko has more value, and Marky (by goalie standards) is still relatively young.  

53 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Either Marky or Demko will need to be traded prior to the expansion draft.  I'm guessing the guy's value drops as the expansion draft comes closer, because other teams know the Canucks have to trade one of the two.  That's why I think Demko is traded at the 2020 draft and we extend Marky.  Demko has more value, and Marky (by goalie standards) is still relatively young.  

Yeah, you could definitely make that argument. 

• Upvote 1