The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Pod vs The Hog (Discussion)

Rate this topic

Snapshot85

43 minutes ago, Phat Fingers said:

I didn't say Podz is struggling, but I don't think you were referring to me.  

Yeah, JT Miller was such a horrible trade lol.  Not only does he have great chemistry with Bo, but even better chemistry with Ep40 and Brock.  Fantastic down low and a great net presence.  Added bonuses, he can play center and has had multiple 82 game seasons.  

What's his point projections looking like now?  

When this team has some time to gel, its going to be hard to handle.  

It's just a comparison by the numbers ... we can say he has 4 points in 9 games in the vhl... 1 goal 3 assists... hes getting plenty of opportunity there..I believe the vhl inferior to the shl. 

Just a conversation thread to compare 2 awsome prospects from the same draft class no more no less.

I will also say whomever bitched about the Miller trade is clueless.   CAP DUMP?? Lol I dont think so. ... we got one heck of a player for a maybe someday in a draft pick. Good job Benning!

Edited by Snapshot85
  • Upvote 1

On 10/15/2019 at 10:52 AM, NUCKER67 said:

Benning's drafting has been really good for the most part, and I'm glad Hog and Pod are on the same team (VAN)

Got his feet wet as GM, and learned:

2014 - Virtanen, Demko, Tryamkin

2015 - Boeser, Gaudette

2016 - Juolevi, Lockwood

Knocked it out of the park:

2017 - Pettersson, Lind, Gadjovich, DiPietro, Rathbone

2018 - Hughes, Woo, Madden, Utunen

2019 - Podkolzin, Hoglander, Focht, Silovs

Whether they all reach their peaks or not, I really like the upside to all of these players. Excellent job, credit goes to GMJB - love that guy! 

22 hours ago, Snapshot85 said:

It's just a comparison by the numbers ... we can say he has 4 points in 9 games in the vhl... 1 goal 3 assists... hes getting plenty of opportunity there..I believe the vhl inferior to the shl. 

Just a conversation thread to compare 2 awsome prospects from the same draft class no more no less.

I will also say whomever bitched about the Miller trade is clueless.   CAP DUMP?? Lol I dont think so. ... we got one heck of a player for a maybe someday in a draft pick. Good job Benning!

Yes the VHL is a lesser league than the SHL.  

One big factor is that Podz is getting pro coaching and experience in the KHL at the same time.  He is bouncing around and playing for 3 different teams at the same time.  

This is a unique approach to player development and I think he will be a better player and professional as a result.  

Yes, he may not be getting top line KHL minutes, but his game will likely be more complete and ready for the NHL when he crosses the pond.  

To me there is little doubt he will be able to generate offence with the Canucks when considering who he likely is lined up with.  Green is going to love this guys game.