The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sportsnet 650 cuts staff - Rick Dhaliwal, Jawn Jang & two production-side staffers

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, higgyfan said:

I have no time for sports radio these days.  All the bantering about their private/public, likes/dislikes...I really don't care for.

It's really annoying to wade through all that garbage just to hear a few snippets regarding my team.  They lost me quite some time ago. 

You're speaking for a lot us here, thanks.

lol I actually called him going on the Donny & Moj show- so awesome.

Also, love Drance and loved to hate Botch, but I can see Rick being a great 'replacement' for the power hour on the morning show.  His crass personality and more well rounded perspective might make for some interesting entertainment

16 minutes ago, Gaudette Celly said:

I "better", eh? :lol:

it was all very well-documented when he was hired, and as I recall never denied either.

All I recall was a couple of largely sarcastic, tweets. Clearly he should be locked up.

3 hours ago, billabong said:

It’ll be interesting to see if rick changes his on-air personality cause he’s hard to have chemistry with 

he's incredibly arrogant, “mr.knowitall”,  and over dramatic which is a huge turn off for me. 

good insider, terrible on air personality 

His over-the-top speculative on-air demeanor didn't harmonize with his previous fact-based news-breaker persona, so to whatever extent it was I took it to be an act.

5 hours ago, EP Phone Home said:

I am not shocked of hearing this news. Anybody else recall Rick name drop Donnie a few times in the last little while calling him a “good guy”.

I do wonder how much Rick knew the writing on the wall as mentioning the competition is a big no no on the airwaves. Rick mentioned Donnie the other station more than a few occasions.

Or he just thinks donnie is a good guy.

On 10/15/2019 at 7:38 PM, HerrDrFunk said:

Maybe it's just him being inflammatory on air, but I actually find Walker to be incredibly level headed regarding the Canucks on Twitter. 

Never liked Walks as a guest interview on SN960 in Calgary, seemed like a stuck up wiener with lame narratives. My perception changed 100% when I started streaming SN650 last summer. Great host, great at getting a conversation going. Asks tough questions, holds everyone accountable. Like the guy a lot now.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

650 is unlistenable anyways.  1040 is really a great station to listen too.  Ever since they got rid of their dead weight I've loved it.

Sekeres, Price and their two-bit producer are gone??

Edited by rychicken
  • Cheers 1