The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Possible Canucks trade looming

cuporbust

1 hour ago, Quantum said:

One of Beagle, Sutter, Eriksson, and/or Schaller has to be dealt by November when Roussel returns for cap reasons. With the solid play and expiring contract of Schaller, it would probably be him. Doubt anything happens soon. Sounds like Fantenberg is going on IR. Gaudette shouldn't be scratched...

I doubt there would be much interest in a 4th line winger making 1.9 million (Schaller).  Now by the trade deadline you might get a bite (as most/much of his cap hit will have been "expensed" by then).

2 hours ago, Gaudette Celly said:

What's the source for this "trade" rumour?  Seems more like base speculation.

Green said it in the pre-game interview. Id be surprised if its a trade though. Probably Eriksson being sent to the Texas Stars

4 hours ago, thundernuts said:

I'm fairly certain I heard on TSN 1040 around noon that they were putting Oscar Fantenburg on IR.  No need to send anyone to the minors if this is the case.

They need another defenceman as Fatenburg is the 7th D.  They called up Sautner so I would say a forward is getting sent down.  It's either Gaudette or Eriksson most likely.  My money would be on Gaudette going down as it's the easiest thing to do.

35 minutes ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

The way Sutter was on the defensive side of the puck and the PK.... why in the Hell would you want to do that? 

Ya... over one game.... so time to send down Gaudette then once Roussel returns?

I'm thinking long term here for the team!

• Haha 1