The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Edmonton can't keep up this pace... Colorado can

Rate this topic

*Buzzsaw*

I'm happy for the Oilers fans...  they've had to endure 10 years of terrible management and teams.  I hope they make the playoffs this year and that we knock them out of the playoffs :) 

On 10/24/2019 at 11:40 PM, VancouverHabitant said:

I'm happy for the Oilers fans...  they've had to endure 10 years of terrible management and teams.  I hope they make the playoffs this year and that we knock them out of the playoffs :) 

Why not let those Coiler fans suffer for some more? 

7 hours ago, Gaudette Celly said:

38 goals scored

20 by Draisaitl and Neal

Toronto's showing what happens with just one injury on a top-heavy roster.  It would be all the worse for Edmonton if one of those two or McDavid goes out for any length of time.

Make that 22 of 40 goals.

Fourth game where nobody but Neal or Draisaitl have scored.  In their last 7 games, McDavid and Nurse are the only others to score, one each.

3 hours ago, ey40 said:

Why not let those Coiler fans suffer for some more? 

At this point, it would be cruel not to feel sorry for them. 

Huge mistake trading Hall imo. Just imagine, Drai, McDavid and Hall all on one line... that would be sick. We ALL knew they lost that trade the moment it was made. 

Also trading Eberle was a another huge mistake. Which took away some secondary scoring. 

Edited by Guest

25 minutes ago, Gaudette Celly said:

Make that 22 of 40 goals.

Fourth game where nobody but Neal or Draisaitl have scored.  In their last 7 games, McDavid and Nurse are the only others to score, one each.

23 of 41 now..

On 10/24/2019 at 11:40 PM, VancouverHabitant said:

You haven't been around long enough. I'm never happy for Oilers fans never have been never will be. 

Canuck fans have endured their arrogance for decades.

Everything levels out. Edmonton just doesn't have the depth. 

• Thanks 1

Just last night Edmonton's fading was on display. 

Look at the divisional standings. Everyone has caught up to Edmonton. 

How long will the goaltending last? 

How about Edmonton's overall depth? 

Pretty shallow on all fronts past their top two players. 

this is healthy for Edmonton fans.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, aqua59 said:

Doesn't Mike Smith play the modified stand-up style of goaltending like Brodeur?

I think durability isn't a factor for him.

That being said, he's still relatively unproven in the playoffs.  Either than that mini-run with the Coyotes back in 11-12, he has only 2 other 1st round exits.  

1 hour ago, aqua59 said:

McDavid and Draisatl are great players.  They are playing 25 plus minutes in a lot of games.  That clearly can't continue, which means they fall in the standing.  Edmonton is in the bottom ten (again) and drafting another bustaroo.  

• Cheers 1

I had to chuckle at Mark Spector's latest whine on Sportsnet webpage - crying about how boring the Coyotes are and how they have been a very boring team to watch for over 20 years. Even though he is right its a bit hypocritical to hack on an organization yet your team hired one of the guys who used to have the team play that style lol.  Tippet had the Coyotes play that exact same style that beat the Coilers last night - Arizona didn't get gifted 1st overalls like Deadmonton did - they have no choice but to play that style and guess what it works and they beat Spector's team. No sense crying over spilled milk.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

McDavid and Draisatl are great players.  They are playing 25 plus minutes in a lot of games.  That clearly can't continue, which means they fall in the standing.  Edmonton is in the bottom ten (again) and drafting another bustaroo.  

I think they make the playoffs and that will likely placate most Oiler fans (which is sad) - any team with talent like Draisaitl and McDavid whose goal is to just make the playoffs is a waste of their talent. The fact is they are a 1st round exit every time with a line up like they have right now. Shut down the top line and you win. Also if either of them go down with an injury (which is a possibility with the way McDavid drives to the net) and they are screwed.

2 minutes ago, MikeBossy said:

I had to chuckle at Mark Spector's latest whine on Sportsnet webpage - crying about how boring the Coyotes are and how they have been a very boring team to watch for over 20 years. Even though he is right its a bit hypocritical to hack on an organization yet your team hired one of the guys who used to have the team play that style lol.  Tippet had the Coyotes play that exact same style that beat the Coilers last night - Arizona didn't get gifted 1st overalls like Deadmonton did - they have no choice but to play that style and guess what it works and they beat Spector's team. No sense crying over spilled milk.

Spector is more like a fan than a reporter.  His bias bleeds through way too much to be respected.  Have to feel sorry though for anyone whose livelihood makes it necessary to live in Edmonton.  Where is Sherwood Park?  :shock:

22 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Spector is more like a fan than a reporter.  His bias bleeds through way too much to be respected.  Have to feel sorry though for anyone whose livelihood makes it necessary to live in Edmonton.  Where is Sherwood Park?  :shock:

Outskirts of Edmonton lol - much nicer though- but still part of the greater Edmonton area. I an ex-BC Pat stuck in Alberta lol

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, MikeBossy said:

Outskirts of Edmonton lol - much nicer though- but still part of the greater Edmonton area. I an ex-BC Pat stuck in Alberta lol

Wife has family in Sherwood Park.  It's a wonderful community.  Family in Varsity acres of Calgary too.  Great spots.  :sadno: