The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Where does Tryamkin fit if he returns this season?

Rate this topic

cuporbust

Tryamkin   

200 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Pretty strait forward topic . Looking at how good our blue line has been, where would you see tram fitting in this year if he returns ? Who comes out to make room ?

These are the basic combos right now ...

20191018_173445.jpg

I would probably assume most would say Benn, but I'm not sure Tryamkin would return here to play a bottom pairing role. 

I do not think he fits on the team if you consider the demands he seemed to be making while he was here ( regardless of willie d's idiocies). Not really excited about getting rid of another player that has shown more loyalty and heart to make room for a guy that might bolt if he loses ice time.  

Thoughts?

Edited by cuporbust
  • Cheers 1

that's a good point and a tricky question.. for the longest time I was on the Desperate-4-Tram bandwagon, but now I'm not so sure.

1/ Our D is looking pretty decent at this point, with some good depth and youth coming up..

2/ We don't know how well his game translates to the NHL, and won't until he's signed and playing..

3/ He won't be signing for league minimum, and we don't have cap room..

4/ As noted, he might not be happy on the 3rd pairing.. 

I have a feeling he'll be taking Tanev's spot, but who knows when that happens.. 

4 minutes ago, Glug Datt said:

that's a good point and a tricky question.. for the longest time I was on the Desperate-4-Tram bandwagon, but now I'm not so sure.

1/ Our D is looking pretty decent at this point, with some good depth and youth coming up..

2/ We don't know how well his game translates to the NHL, and won't until he's signed and playing..

3/ He won't be signing for league minimum, and we don't have cap room..

4/ As noted, he might not be happy on the 3rd pairing.. 

I have a feeling he'll be taking Tanev's spot, but who knows when that happens.. 

Thing is , Tanev has had really good chemistry with Hughes,  and I'm not sure Greene would be in a hurry to mess with that . Tanev is also a very good player in the room ontop of that , and Tryamkin......well, he hasnt exactly made his case as a " do whatever it takes for the team" type of guy. 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

Insert name of Injured Canuck Defenseman Here!

Its how we roll, we will have someone go down with significant injury on defense. I can't remember the last season that it didn't happen.

Yeah , and that's how he got into the regular lineup the first time,  but he seemed to make it clear he wants to play a bigger role then a fill in player.  I'm not saying he deserves that, but everyone keeps talking about his return and I dont really see how that is going to be feasible with the attitude he seemed to have when he was here .

Just now, cuporbust said:

Thing is , Tanev has had really good chemistry with Hughes,  and I'm not sure Greene would be in a hurry to mess with that . Tanev is also a very good player in the room ontop of that , and Tryamkin......well, he hasnt exactly made his case as a " do whatever it takes for the team" type of guy. 

yah Roger that.. Tanev is of course heading into FA after the season, and he would have some value at the deadline, especially if healthy.. but hard to imagine not having him around..  

I don't know.. I wonder what kind of value Tram would have in a trade... 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Glug Datt said:

yah Roger that.. Tanev is of course heading into FA after the season, and he would have some value at the deadline, especially if healthy.. but hard to imagine not having him around..  

Well , demanding top minutes as a rookie is not going to help that's for sure .

5 minutes ago, Glug Datt said:

Yeah I have always liked Tanev when he is in the lineup ( much like Salo). I did not expect him to look as good as he has with Hughes. Kind of the perfect match for Hughes so far, and he has actually looked better offensively then he has his entire career ( Hughes no doubt helps with that). 

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Glug Datt said:

Agree with all of the above. If I thought he'd come back and bust his hump to legitimately win a roster place (at the same time exceeding the promise of our bevy of eligible Utica d-men) I'd happily welcome him back. His value is in what we might receive back in trade. He'd be an awfully big sweatener in any potential deal.

Player style wise I think he could complement Hughes (as others have been saying in Tanev's spot).  That or in Stecher's place.

However that's only IF he proves he's more capable and a better fit than any of these guys.  (I can't be the only one to skate him next to Pete just to protect him against tougher teams which may go after him?)  

I don't see a spot for him other than Stechers. 

So that could be whats behind the Stecher trade rumours, but I suppose he could just as easily show up and take the #8 d spot and see where things go from there. I don't know that he can slip right into Greens system instantly either, it will probably take time. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, zimmy said:

As of right now he'd be lucky to make the top six. He certainly hasn't earned anything and its debatable how much better he is than Benn or Stecher. I might feel differently about this in March when our d-core has suffered its usual decimation.

Totally disagree.. Stretch is a middler, Benn is a 3rd pairing guy, 2nd pairing if a 2nd gets injured, and your not taking into account how long Trains stick reach is which makes it hard to get around without risking a poke check and/or leveled and  the puck going the other way as Myers does periodically.

And top 4 for sure as we need to give Tan and Eddie some sheltered minutes for a change to keep them rested.

However there's an option of dressing Train as a 7th D and cycle him into each pairing for him to get used to playing with every D so when someone gets injured as it WILL happen he can step in to any pairing seemlessly and we don't lose a step.. this is going off in a trade scenario now?  Seriously??  Are you the same ones who thought Miller was a bad move??? It would not surprise me.. wow.. 

Edited by iceman64
  • Upvote 3