The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Where does Tryamkin fit if he returns this season?

Rate this topic

cuporbust

Tryamkin   

200 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

13 minutes ago, iceman64 said:

Totally disagree.. Stretch is a middler, Benn is a 3rd pairing guy, 2nd pairing if a 2nd gets injured, and your not taking into account how long Trains stick reach is which makes it hard to get around without risking a poke check and/or leveled and  the puck going the other way as Myers does periodically.

And top 4 for sure as we need to give Tan and Eddie some sheltered minutes for a change to keep them rested.

However there's an option of dressing Train as a 7th D and cycle him into each pairing for him to get used to playing with every D so when someone gets injured as it WILL happen he can step in to any pairing seemlessly and we don't lose a step.. this is going off in a trade scenario now?  Seriously??  Are you the same ones who thought Miller was a bad move??? It would not surprise me.. wow.. 

Defenitly thought Miller was a good move ! ;)

Only reason I can see Tanev moved is his pending UFA...i dont think canucks will resign him with so much talent in Utica answell as the Big T return and the save on cap space.... so it's my thought canucks will move him when big T comes to make room  and get atleast a pick for him. 

Just my 2c

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Kosmo Kramer said:

Ideally he would start as the 7th dman, maybe sub him in for Benn or Stecher and see how he does.

He needs to come in and prove it this time, work hard, do what's asked of him,  and earn his place.

I wouldn't ship anyone out for him before he proves himself.

There are opportunities every year because of injuries, if he fills in for someone and steals a spot for himself, best case scenario.

I still wouldn't want to ship anyone out because our blue line is often injured.

but would you trade Tanev at the deadline (for a good return of course) and bring in someone from Utica for the rest of the season? and then have Tram come in as a 7th to work his way into the lineup? there's a few options in the ranks that might work.. then we still get something for Tanev.. 

• Cheers 2

11 minutes ago, Snapshot85 said:

Defenitly thought Miller was a good move ! ;)

Only reason I can see Tanev moved is his pending UFA...i dont think canucks will resign him with so much talent in Utica answell as the Big T return and the save on cap space.... so it's my thought canucks will move him when big T comes to make room  and get atleast a pick for him. 

Just my 2c

If JB can negotiate a trade including LE with a gimme of Tanev thrown in if it takes that but only IF Train is signed.. that way we have Trains signing money out of Tanevs cap plus the cap recovered from LE and then it's other Luongo's 3 Mil we have to wait but in the bank to help sign Boeser when he re-ups,  hope JB can pull off something..

23 minutes ago, iceman64 said:

Totally disagree.. Stretch is a middler, Benn is a 3rd pairing guy, 2nd pairing if a 2nd gets injured, and your not taking into account how long Trains stick reach is which makes it hard to get around without risking a poke check and/or leveled and  the puck going the other way as Myers does periodically.

And top 4 for sure as we need to give Tan and Eddie some sheltered minutes for a change to keep them rested.

However there's an option of dressing Train as a 7th D and cycle him into each pairing for him to get used to playing with every D so when someone gets injured as it WILL happen he can step in to any pairing seemlessly and we don't lose a step.. this is going off in a trade scenario now?  Seriously??  Are you the same ones who thought Miller was a bad move??? It would not surprise me.. wow.. 

Loved the Miller trade from the moment it was announced so ... no wow on that account. Not dismissing the physical talents Tryamkin might possess. Just can’t see a scenario that he comes back to the team if it is understood that he’s going to have to earn a spot, certainly not after the way he left. I’m not saying he won’t be a useful player somewhere in the league but I’m convinced he and his agent will be marketing themselves as top 4 or bust and, in my opinion, they’re in no position to make that demand. If you believe he is entitled to that privilege this is where we differ, not in the underlying attributes of the player. With all due respect.

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I don't see a spot for him other than Stechers. 

So that could be whats behind the Stecher trade rumours, but I suppose he could just as easily show up and take the #8 d spot and see where things go from there. I don't know that he can slip right into Greens system instantly either, it will probably take time. 

As much as it pains me to type it, Stecher might get similar treatment to Hutton given the similar contract situations.

Exception being I think there'd be an actual trade market for Stecher.

He sure feels like a solid home town kid who gives it his all, that we should try to retain though. But then Tanev is almost certainly gone (one way or another). There's simply not room for both + returning Tryamkin, Juolevi and potentially Brisebois. Nevermind Woo and Rathbone in the not distant future.

On a good note, we'll likely retain the cream of the crop of those guys :)

• Cheers 1

I doubt he will be back.

- He doesn't want to fight to get a top 4 job. 

- Goldy is in Utica, and Pods is another year or two away. 

- Doesn't sound like he's a fan of the city. 

- When they asked, he said he'd love to to try the NHL again. Notice he didn't say I'd love to come back to Vancouver. 

I'll be happy to be proven wrong. But I'm happy with Myers. With Woo, and others already in the system I don't see any room for him.

Unless he comes back driven, focused, and really wants an NHL career here. I don't blame Benning to keep trying to get him back. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, zimmy said:

Loved the Miller trade from the moment it was announced so ... no wow on that account. Not dismissing the physical talents Tryamkin might possess. Just can’t see a scenario that he comes back to the team if it is understood that he’s going to have to earn a spot, certainly not after the way he left. I’m not saying he won’t be a useful player somewhere in the league but I’m convinced he and his agent will be marketing themselves as top 4 or bust and, in my opinion, they’re in no position to make that demand. If you believe he is entitled to that privilege this is where we differ, not in the underlying attributes of the player. With all due respect.

I dont believ making him earn it because how how he left is the best way for a pro team to approach it. If benning/green thinks he can slot in and bump someone so be it.... if they decide to move someone for value because they have biggggg T than that's good for the club... instead of a resource sitting there earning it.

In my opinion... ice the best team you can to win.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

As much as it pains me to type it, Stecher might get similar treatment to Hutton given the similar contract situations.

Exception being I think there'd be an actual trade market for Stecher.

He sure feels like a solid home town kid who gives it his all, that we should try to retain though. But then Tanev is almost certainly gone (one way or another). There's simply not room for both + returning Tryamkin, Juolevi and potentially Brisebois. Nevermind Woo and Rathbone in the not distant future.

On a good note, we'll likely retain the cream of the crop of those guys :)

Dont FORGET Rafferty whispers ready to go

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

if he wants back this season

i think a 4 week stint on a pto with utica would be a good transition

so we can see how fit he is

and if he has progressed

those are both unknown quantities about him

if that goes well at least team will have a better idea of his value

where he might fit on the main club

so a contract can be offered

56 minutes ago, Glug Datt said:

but would you trade Tanev at the deadline (for a good return of course) and bring in someone from Utica for the rest of the season? and then have Tram come in as a 7th to work his way into the lineup? there's a few options in the ranks that might work.. then we still get something for Tanev.. 

If we are in the playoff picture, I probably wouldn't trade Tanev.

From an asset management point or view,  trading him for value is the way to go, we aren't likely to make noise in the playoffs this year anyway.

But the message it sends to the team,  we don't think your good enough to contend, we are going to ship out one of our most reliable veterans on the ice.

Morale wise it doesn't seem like a good decision.

Hockey is a business, but played by human beings who could he affected by this kind of thing, the same way morale has been boosted with our off season pickups, "we believe in you guys, here is help for you, go for it".

Morale matters in my experience.

If we are out of the picture, trade him.

11 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

if he wants back this season

i think a 4 week stint on a pto with utica would be a good transition

so we can see how fit he is

and if he has progressed

those are both unknown quantities about him

if that goes well at least team will have a better idea of his value

where he might fit on the main club

so a contract can be offered

Your sober, mindful approach is admirable. This is the exact tact I would take as well. It is, however, unlikely that such an offer (opportunity) would be taken up by this player and his agent, in my opinion.

Tryamkin if I'm not mistaken: to play late regular season games here in the NHL his team in Russia would have to miss the playoffs. If they run any length into their playoffs his arrival here coincides with the NHL playoffs. This is not a 100% accurate, but close.

Meanwhile I'm enjoying our new and much improved defense, what an upgrade this year!! 

Edited by 6string

11 minutes ago, zimmy said:

Your sober, mindful approach is admirable. This is the exact tact I would take as well. It is, however, unlikely that such an offer (opportunity) would be taken up by this player and his agent, in my opinion.

It's not an opinion,  its fact. Tryamkin already stated he will not play for Utica a long time ago. 

Edited by cuporbust
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, cuporbust said:

It's not an opinion,  its fact. Tryamkin already stated he will not play for Utica a long time ago. 

so his path back to the nhl is how exactly ?

getting team to trade him?

getting team to sign him to a 3 x 5 million contract when he walked away from them previously

this is not a can't miss player

with a stellar prior record

if he really wants to stay in the khl he should make that clear

and not waste everyone's time

• Upvote 2