The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Where does Tryamkin fit if he returns this season?

Rate this topic

cuporbust

Tryamkin   

200 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 hours ago, Shirotashi said:

Qualify your  answer and ill qualify mine. He was exciting he had an air about him when he played. Great breakout pass 

and was a threat to score on the point. HE BROKE A MAN BY MEARLY RUNNING INTO HIM! LOL! I watched in person

at the some of the games. Besides his attitude about wanting to play top 4 minutes, which btw people who were actually

watching were agreeing with him!!!, how did he fall short in your eyes Qualify your opinion.

All caps kind of proves the Demi-God folklore status....don’t forget Getzlaf bouncing off him that was funny (or is that what you were taking about?).    When he gets here give it some time, I’m sure some of the shine will fade and he will be a mere mortal ...  if he comes back I wouldn’t expect it until the summer.   Benn is the low hanging fruit - easy contract to trade, solid 7th guy.

Maybe Tanev this year (traded) but I’m pretty sure he’s going to get a similar contract as Edler just received despite his inability to stay healthy, he’s just our new Salo and when he plays we win more.   Long term it makes a lot of sense to sign Tree, he’s young, in his prime and both Edler and Tanev need to take on lesser roles or be moved on from eventually.   Nobody on this forum really knows how good Tryamkin is now, even if they watch all his games (doubt it ) the KHL is not the NHL.    With OJ also probably coming up next year spots won’t be that easy to get , Benn and Stecher are the obvious guys the team would need to trade or move around. 

Hope he does come back and is a much better version of the player that left.   We need long term solutions in the top four past Myers and Hughes.

10 hours ago, Baer. said:

Tryamkin is still under contract for one more year in Russia. Stecher's or Tanev's spot.

To be clear, he is now playing out his final year 

he will be potentially available before the end of the current nhl  season as the khl season wraps up earlier 

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, cuporbust said:

Yes , and his KHL season may end on time for him to join the Canucks this season. That is where some of the speculation has come from. 

His contract ends April 30. If Canucks make it to the second round of the playoffs, maybe.

• Cheers 1

31 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

To be clear, he is now playing out his final year 

he will be potentially available before the end of the current nhl  season as the khl season wraps up earlier 

That is incorrect information. His contract runs well passed the end of the NHL regular season. He could only join after April 30, which would be second round of playoffs.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, aGENT said:

As much as it pains me to type it, Stecher might get similar treatment to Hutton given the similar contract situations.

Exception being I think there'd be an actual trade market for Stecher.

He sure feels like a solid home town kid who gives it his all, that we should try to retain though. But then Tanev is almost certainly gone (one way or another). There's simply not room for both + returning Tryamkin, Juolevi and potentially Brisebois. Nevermind Woo and Rathbone in the not distant future.

On a good note, we'll likely retain the cream of the crop of those guys :)

yup from a talent perspective its all good. The other reason I said Stech is the odd guy out - assuming Nik is a lock (not sure thats the case) is I could see a Tanev extension being a potential thing. He and Hughes sure look good together and if he is willing to do something team friendly like 5 mil per, then we may not have seen the end of Chris. 

The other way it could go too is we simply let both Tanev and Stecher walk as UFAs (cue the asset management freak out). If the team actually makes the playoffs we're not trading  either guy, and I could see Jim waiting until the RFA/UFA discussion period opens up to see if he can land Barrie, who would replace the salary of Tanev+Stecher and we'd already have Tryamkin under a new extension by then too. 

So if Barrie wants to be here, then I think we lose both Tanev and Stecher. If not, I could see Tanev getting a 3 year deal and Stecher walking as a UFA if Nik is coming back. 

I can’t wait til Canucks get Big Trym back. But it’s obvious we don’t know where his NHL ready set play is at right now so logically he’s a 3pairing to start. We don’t know where the Canucks will be in points and how far ahead they are in the West. I would think Canucks should be 50-2 and with hundred points by the time Tryamkin is back...I kid...I kid...but nobody knows at this point.

Imo last time Tryamkin was here he WAS one of the better Dman on the team. The haters will say crap like he iced the puck too much. Whatever and so what

Canucks are playoff bound and I would think Management would want his size and toughness for the Playoffs....and yes we need Tryms back.

Edited by HockeyHarry
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

It makes more sense to play Tanev and keep him back on the track to being an asset to move on our before the trade deadline.

At 4.5 and UFA ,  to keep him would be more money.  

We Trade Tanev for a 2nd round pick in the future, we need to reclaim some picks we’ve let go.

The Canucks still have more contracts to negotiate, and Tanevs 4.5 in Capspace helps with that.

Tryamkin would probably do a 2 year 2 - 2.5 per,  and look great with Hughes.

Hanging on to Tanev slows down the rotation of our good prospects replacing our aging assets

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, cuporbust said:

Pretty strait forward topic . Looking at how good our blue line has been, where would you see tram fitting in this year if he returns ? Who comes out to make room ?

These are the basic combos right now ...

20191018_173445.jpg

I would probably assume most would say Benn, but I'm not sure Tryamkin would return here to play a bottom pairing role. 

I do not think he fits on the team if you consider the demands he seemed to be making while he was here ( regardless of willie d's idiocies). Not really excited about getting rid of another player that has shown more loyalty and heart to make room for a guy that might bolt if he loses ice time.  

Thoughts?

70% of the time, at least one D is injured.  I have Tryamkin as 7th D man.

But it does not mean he would not play an important role!

2 years from now he replaces Edler. Next year, Tanev?

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Jester13 said:

What you're missing that others saw, myself included, is that Tree played well enough to earn ice time, but Willie refused to give it to him. He was then told to play like Pronger, when that's not his game. He watched his buddy Goldie score a goal and then get sat for basically the rest of the game. He didn't receive clear communication from the coaching staff. He then decided to go home where he could play more. He's now quite interested in coming back, likely because Willie is no longer there and Green is - he sees the new culture of "you play well, you get ice time". He earned more ice time than he was given (our D core was not good back then).

I don't see the same entitlement that you do, but we can agree to disagree. If he expects more ice than our new D core, then I'll share your sentiment, but right now I don't historically see it.

There were a lot of questionable moves by Willie when he was here thus him not being here any more however if Tryamkin believes he will walk in and be given anything he is mistaken.

Travis Green has shown that a player has to earn his seat on the bench and play the way hes asked or he wont be on the team.

I am a fan of what the big Russian brought to the team. He is mobile and for a big big man that is a great trait to have. He hits well and does have a bit of a nasty side to him. All pluses with me. I think he will come over at the end of the season, but most likely will have to wait until next season to be given a chance to make the team. If we are in the middle of a playoff race i see Benning and Green staying with the group they have.

If Tryamkin has the right attitude i am sure he could earn a spot on the team and maybe allow the Canucks to either trade someone or let Tanev or Stecher walk.

The physical skills are there, he just needs to have the right attitude.

The Canucks need to make sure they manage him better with this coaching staff rather than leave him to be in the city by himself.

We are in a great position where we have Tryamkin, Juolevi, Brisebois, Sautner, Rafferty, Rathbone, and Woo charging hard for spots over the next couple of years.  This competition is what makes teams great.  We don't need to worry about who has a spot where.  Just that we have 7 or so nhl caliber defenseman pushing the nhl guys.  Just let them all play and pick the best 7 at any time.

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, mikeyman109 said:

There were a lot of questionable moves by Willie when he was here thus him not being here any more however if Tryamkin believes he will walk in and be given anything he is mistaken.

Travis Green has shown that a player has to earn his seat on the bench and play the way hes asked or he wont be on the team.

I am a fan of what the big Russian brought to the team. He is mobile and for a big big man that is a great trait to have. He hits well and does have a bit of a nasty side to him. All pluses with me. I think he will come over at the end of the season, but most likely will have to wait until next season to be given a chance to make the team. If we are in the middle of a playoff race i see Benning and Green staying with the group they have.

If Tryamkin has the right attitude i am sure he could earn a spot on the team and maybe allow the Canucks to either trade someone or let Tanev or Stecher walk.

The physical skills are there, he just needs to have the right attitude.

The Canucks need to make sure they manage him better with this coaching staff rather than leave him to be in the city by himself.

I think everyone can agree on this. I've just never heard or seen him expect anything and don't buy the belief that he has an attitude.

The thing is, is that it's still October with five, or so, months before he can even come back. So much can happen until then. 

The other thing is, is that he is worth bringing back and giving a real shot at making a real impact with us, rather than play the "sorry, tree, but you gotta buy your time and wait until next year" approach. He has too much potential to mistreat again. Sure, he needs to show he is good enough to make our top 6, but we need to give him a real chance to do that rather than treat him like last time.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Dixon Ward said:

We are in a great position where we have Tryamkin, Juolevi, Brisebois, Sautner, Rafferty, Rathbone, and Woo charging hard for spots over the next couple of years.  This competition is what makes teams great.  We don't need to worry about who has a spot where.  Just that we have 7 or so nhl caliber defenseman pushing the nhl guys.  Just let them all play and pick the best 7 at any time.

It's a bit nuts to expect that entire list to be guys pushing for spots, tbh.

8 hours ago, zimmy said:

So, you know the observational skills you used to determine that he looked awesome when he was here? I just used mine to determine that he looked less than awesome in my eyes. Never said that he didn’t have some potential and that a fully committed, humble and contrite Tram could still make it work but that I didn’t think this scenario would ever unfold judging by the inglorious manner in which he both arrived and left the last time and the fact that I don’t view him as some folkloric Demi-god. 

To each his own.

Agreed, he showed he had good potential and could be an impact player in the league........he didn't stick around long enough to see if it was more than potential.

38 minutes ago, Winter Soldier said:

It's a bit nuts to expect that entire list to be guys pushing for spots, tbh.

It's a bit nuts to exaggerate what I said to make this point. ::D Of course I'm not suggesting all of them will be in the nhl.  Just that all of them are legit possibilities.  3 of them have already shown they can play in the nhl.  A few years ago the only prospect we had with any hope was Frankie Corrado.   Now we have a bunch of guys who have a chance.

Just now, Dixon Ward said:

It's a bit nuts to exaggerate what I said to make this point. ::D Of course I'm not suggesting all of them will be in the nhl.  Just that all of them are legit possibilities.  3 of them have already shown they can play in the nhl.  A few years ago the only prospect we had with any hope was Frankie Corrado.   Now we have a bunch of guys who have a chance.

That's fair! I'm just used to the CDC school of thought being along the lines of Cole Cassels doesn't need the AHL because he won a Memorial Cup and McDavid didn't! and so on.

How come Tryamkin gets a free pass, when he bolted to Russia? I like the guy, but he's by no means dominating the KHL.  He left cause of Willie? Suck it up if you want to be in the NHL. Dude wouldn't take an assignment in the AHL either. I'm not against bringing him up, but he should have to earn his spot like everyone else. I think he kind of missed the boat by dipping to Russia 

• Like 1