The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Where does Tryamkin fit if he returns this season?

Rate this topic

cuporbust

Tryamkin   

200 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As a Tryamkin fan I see this being one of these decisions, that needs to be made by Green and Benning, not by CDC.............(Joke!)

No, seriously....If he comes in this year and they put him on the big club instead of Fantomberg (Joke!), then so be it........................

As he can play both RHD and LDH, he would be a perfect #7 at worse. From there it is all up to him and Green, its Tryamkin's

responsibility to perform well enough to push guys out, if he does, he should. In saying all that, Looking at how well our Dmen

have performed in the early season, I am probably going to shock you in saying I would prefer to have him come to training camp and

earn a spot there. My position on this matter, is that he then becomes one of the guys again, having spilt blood, and having earned that 

spot fair and square. That is the way, in a perfect world it happens.....................

But, lets just see if he comes, first

A pretty outrageous statement from a Tryamkin supporter who really thinks he is "that" good!

• Cheers 1

24 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Tryamkin seems to stay solid on his word and commitments,.  It’s a good trait really.

itll be 2020 before we know it ;)

While I appreciate your hopeful take (yours and many others here on this forum) and sincere and fervent wish that Tree returns, I'm not convinced. It's as simple as that (though I welcome a happy and productive ending). Just not convinced he's ready and willing to come back to fight for a spot on the team vrs slotting into the top four. Without going into the myriad reasons why he felt he had to leave and how he was or wasn't harmed developmentally by the coaching staff at the time, the bottom line is that he left the team and his teammates and he's been away three years now.

1 hour ago, janisahockeynut said:

As a Tryamkin fan I see this being one of these decisions, that needs to be made by Green and Benning, not by CDC.............(Joke!)

No, seriously....If he comes in this year and they put him on the big club instead of Fantomberg (Joke!), then so be it........................

As he can play both RHD and LDH, he would be a perfect #7 at worse. From there it is all up to him and Green, its Tryamkin's

responsibility to perform well enough to push guys out, if he does, he should. In saying all that, Looking at how well our Dmen

have performed in the early season, I am probably going to shock you in saying I would prefer to have him come to training camp and

earn a spot there. My position on this matter, is that he then becomes one of the guys again, having spilt blood, and having earned that 

spot fair and square. That is the way, in a perfect world it happens.....................

A pretty outrageous statement from a Tryamkin supporter who really thinks he is "that" good!

I, for one, am totally down with this “ outrageous statement”! This is how things should unfold if they unfold at all.

Great take.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, janisahockeynut said:

He can spill blood in the playoffs for us after we get a 2nd rnd pick for Tanev.

He earned his spot after the 60 game season with us..  just because he said nyet “not yet” , to us for a new contract, dose not detract the potential we saw him in, and / or the beast of a player he has become while away.

i think less of the thought of him earning a spot,.  And more to show, or blow at this point with Nik.  

Guaranteed, if he arrives here in late Feb early March he is given every opportunity to show us what he has become..  the range that Green is allowing our D men to roam is just what Niks offensive prowess is all about,. And thankfully, it’s totally the opposite from what WD could comprehend.

• Upvote 2