The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CBC News reports the Conservatives hire firm to destroy Bernier and the PPC

mpt

2 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Thanks for the clarification. I don't agree with your characterization, (or more accurately, I don't think the evidence supports it) but I always appreciate honesty and I appreciate people who don't like Trudeau, but recognize that the blackface thing isn't nearly as big a deal as some of his detractors would like you to think.

I have MANY MANY friends in my community from various ethnic groups. Surrey , right ?

None i have met so far are offended by JT . Alladin outfit.  Many think it was foolish... but they see it as a costume in poor taste... Not evidence of racism.

• Cheers 2

9 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

That's not the point. 

Why should photos be kept secret because they're harmful to JT?

Just now, gerry35 said:

Morally and ethically you can't vote for the Green's, NDP or Liberals, everything they believe is based on lies.. The Conservative's are almost as bad. It's easy to decide how to vote in this election, anyone who the Media pushes or makes excuses are the one's you don't want. Don't forget that the Liberal's paid off the media with 600 million of our tax payer money. The one's who they try to silence and spread lies about are the one's you should take a good look at. Maxime Bernier and the PPC have my vote, they are the closest to what I believe in and is why they have my vote. The establishment (media, politicians etc) are threatened by them which is why they are trying to destroy them.

I'm really curious. Since we're more or less clear that every party has at least a "dirty little secret" going around, why are we choosing these clowns running the show again?

Bernier is a fringe party leader, which is often used as a slant against him; however, it seems like it's an appropriate label. I've heard this line of reasoning before, that the main parties are all corrupt, therefore Bernier is the best. Terrible logic. Bernier is very much out for himself.

So THIS is the guy you support?

https://www.timescolonist.com/maxime-bernier-targets-untapped-voters-with-broader-populist-platform-of-people-s-party-1.23974683

Bernier has constructed the People’s Party of Canada by meshing his long-known libertarian convictions with a collection of more recent, strong public stances on social issues.

He has raised eyebrows and triggered controversy defending positions far different from his opponents’, including calls to fight “mass immigration” and “extreme multiculturalism.”

He called teenage Swedish climate activist Greta Thunberg “mentally unstable” on Twitter, a charge he later walked back.

The veteran politician has been using his year-old party to argue for, among other ideas, fences along parts of the U.S.-Canada frontier to stop the illegal entry of refugees, slashing immigration levels by more than half and rejecting climate-change “alarmism.”

For example, he called leadership rival Kellie Leitch a “karaoke version of Donald Trump” in a 2016 debate because of her pledges to crack down on immigration.

Yeah, I think you should reconsider Bernier. Sounds a lot like Trump to me. :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

I have MANY MANY friends in my community from various ethnic groups. Surrey , right ?

None i have met so far are offended by JT . Alladin outfit.  Many think it was foolish... but they see it as a costume in poor taste... Not evidence of racism.

I will take the words of JT over your made up story.

2 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Remind me to never invite you to my Halloween costume party....   You would probably refuse to dress up and instead show up with your Alberta formal outfit . - track pants and Metalica T shirt....

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Heh forgot to ask you.

What do you think of the election tracker results today taken from the latest 10 polls and averaged out...

Gives the Conservative Party a 1 % chance of forming a majority government... ?  Do you see 1%  as too low, high or totally accurate..?

Conserves must be asking themselves why they selected a turd for their leader.... ? no ?  But maybe if they looked at their policies such as denying climate change.... that could be impacting their popularity... 

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

I'm really curious. Since we're more or less clear that every party has at least a "dirty little secret" going around, why are we choosing these clowns running the show again?

Bernier is a fringe party leader, which is often used as a slant against him; however, it seems like it's an appropriate label. I've heard this line of reasoning before, that the main parties are all corrupt, therefore Bernier is the best. Terrible logic. Bernier is very much out for himself.

So THIS is the guy you support?

https://www.timescolonist.com/maxime-bernier-targets-untapped-voters-with-broader-populist-platform-of-people-s-party-1.23974683

Bernier has constructed the People’s Party of Canada by meshing his long-known libertarian convictions with a collection of more recent, strong public stances on social issues.

He has raised eyebrows and triggered controversy defending positions far different from his opponents’, including calls to fight “mass immigration” and “extreme multiculturalism.”

He called teenage Swedish climate activist Greta Thunberg “mentally unstable” on Twitter, a charge he later walked back.

The veteran politician has been using his year-old party to argue for, among other ideas, fences along parts of the U.S.-Canada frontier to stop the illegal entry of refugees, slashing immigration levels by more than half and rejecting climate-change “alarmism.”

For example, he called leadership rival Kellie Leitch a “karaoke version of Donald Trump” in a 2016 debate because of her pledges to crack down on immigration.

Yeah, I think you should reconsider Bernier. Sounds a lot like Trump to me. :rolleyes:

Getting the real nutjobs away from the cons and having them vote PPC is a win for Canada, because then you don't have the social conservatives dictating policy.  A fiscally conservative party without the barbaric bigotry of Scheer, Harper, et al would be a lot easier to stomach

17 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Remind me to never invite you to my Halloween costume party....   You would probably refuse to dress up and instead show up with your Alberta formal outfit . - track pants and Metalica T shirt....

You are so clueless 

It's a waylon Jennings t-shirt.

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Heh forgot to ask you.

What do you think of the election tracker results today taken from the latest 10 polls and averaged out...

Gives the Conservative Party a 1 % chance of forming a majority government... ?  Do you see 1%  as too low, high or totally accurate..?

Conserves must be asking themselves why they selected a turd for their leader.... ? no ?  But maybe if they looked at their policies such as denying climate change.... that could be impacting their popularity... 

I'm not sure I really trust polls anymore. I see the bloc is surging in Quebec which pretty much makes it impossible for the liberals to form a majority.

Do you think JT or AS is so greedy for power they would attempt a coalition with the bloc?

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

I'm not sure I really trust polls anymore. I see the bloc is surging in Quebec which pretty much makes it impossible for the liberals to form a majority.

Do you think JT or AS is so greedy for power they would attempt a coalition with the bloc?

Do mean the BQ ( bloc quebec) or the BA  ( Block Alberta/Conservative Party )  ?

Which Bloc are you refering to ?

Edited by kingofsurrey

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

You are so clueless 

It's a waylon Jennings t-shirt.

Best T-Shirt I ever saw in Alberta was worn by a guy in Rocky Mountain House....

It said, "Don't tell my Mom I work on the Oil Rigs...She thinks I play piano in a Whorehouse"....

• Haha 2

"transparency" :lol:

Scheer won’t say if Conservatives hired Kinsella firm to ‘seek and destroy’ Bernier’s People’s Party

Mr. Scheer, who was campaigning in the Greater Toronto Area on Saturday, said his party will not make comments on “vendors that we may or may not have engaged with.”

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/politics/article-scheer-wont-say-if-conservatives-hired-kinsella-firm-to-seek-and/

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, inane said:

This kinda stuff is so shady, and scheers response so meaningless the guy is such a shifty, weasily, career politician I don't know how anyone can actively support him. 

But this is the exact same thing ppl say about JT over all his corruption. Makes you wonder about the future of Canada hey?

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Scheer won’t say if Conservatives hired Kinsella firm to ‘seek and destroy’ Bernier’s People’s Party

Mr. Scheer, who was campaigning in the Greater Toronto Area on Saturday, said his party will not make comments on “vendors that we may or may not have engaged with.”

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/politics/article-scheer-wont-say-if-conservatives-hired-kinsella-firm-to-seek-and/

I bet he is pretty mad this story broke before the election. :lol:

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

See...if Scheer had any brains at all, Hamish or the Trump affiliate American on his campaign team...they'd have dropped blackface this weekend.

But no....Three of them collectively bungled that juicy morsel

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

For the record:

Conservative leadership campaign, investigated

Conservative campaign, investigated

Conservative leadership campaign in Alberta.  Investigated

Conservative campaign against another party.  Investigated

Anyone seeing a pattern?  But...blackface amiright

You left out the prime minister's office blocking an obstruction of justice investigation 

How did you conveniently leave that out?

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Ya know...if that was a campaign slogan with a cool graphic I'd be down

Party Rhino Baby!!!!

Well...their lone BC candidate's slogan is "Make Canada Horny Again!" Love the fact that they managed to get a Maxime Bernier running in Bernier's riding: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/maxime-bernier-rhino-party-beauce-1.5278902

• Haha 3