The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CBC News reports the Conservatives hire firm to destroy Bernier and the PPC

mpt

6 hours ago, mpt said:

I agree, they shouldn’t be, especially when he states he’s been careful is entire life, respects everyone and tries to cram down his I’m better than you attitude.  He’s a disgrace, and so is Scheer and don’t get me started on Singh.

So pretty much all politicians are crap :P  Thats pretty much the motto I go with.  Regardless of who won, Scheer or Trudeau or Singh, I would have talked crap about each garbage thing they did that I thought was bad.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Should be trying to lure the Bloc vote, 6% of the vote is bigger than 2%. 

No way Bloc supporters  vote Conservative.     Quebecers are smart and they don't want a toxic pipeline passing through their province.....

1 hour ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

What is the purpose of stiffing an opponent with 2% of the vote. 

They are wary of her. She crushed Harris with her record, beat her on the head with it. She seems to have the savvy and seems motivated to go after the top candidates. I like her personally, she has exposed some of the hypocrisy on the left and she is weeding out some of the poorer candidates from the mix. Harris flustered and flailing around afterwards made it clear that she was not the right choice. 

Edit: thought you were referring to Gabbard and this was the other thread.

Edited by Toews

41 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

What is the purpose of stiffing an opponent with 2% of the vote. 

Maybe they believe they are a threat to gain more than 2%?

After the news broke, PPC were trending on Google and twitter. Bernier's post debate scrum on YouTube is the most viewed of all the candidates and has 4000 upvotes. They are trending right now and this scandal put them in the limelight.

Conservative and undecided voters are watching this.

Edited by Baer.

8 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

Andrew Scheer is the Conservative equivalent of Michael Ignatief. No name recognition, no facial recognition, no policy recognition.

He's a completely unelectable loser. JT may be a loser too, but he's an electable loser. That's the difference.

I suspect Scheer is just a place holder until Jason Kenney feels like taking a crack at it.

What's weird is that Ignatieff WAS well-known to be an intellectual. His politics ended up being so bland that no one liked him.

4 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Yikes. If true it is almost as bad as PC culture and the SJWs. Not things you want to be associated to.

Here's more. This is from Faith J Goldy's page. Ford, Goldy and Scheer.

As I said in a few posts previously, the Conservatives did a real bang up job of how not to run a campaign, and STILL continue to do so. How did Scheer screw up so badly? Jesus. NO ONE should be voting Conservative with that clown at the helm.

Edited by Dazzle
  • Cheers 1

7 hours ago, Gaudette Celly said:

:bored:

Went to a Preston Manning rally once.  Outside were a handful of teenage "protesters" with signs, chanting away.  Any time someone tried to reasonably engage or discuss with them, they simply chanted louder.  Turns out afterwards that they were indeed hired by the Liberal Party, paid in pizza.

Everyone loves a good circus.  Keep voting.  Vote harder and harder, cuz it really matters.  Or, simply watch WWE instead -- same thing.

The WWE doesn't take 40% right off the top at gunpoint and then service fee you to death with the scraps they leave you.

Government is mafia, period. Change my mind.

19 minutes ago, UncleYaris said:

is this supposed to be a scandal? It's how the Liberals and Democrats survive. 

Faith dumping on the Conservatives... too funny...  wow their Conservative  ship hit an iceberg and is listing badly... taking on water... 

Andrew Scheer better hope he isn't elected.

If he forms government, repeals the carbon tax, and then opens up a gusher of oil production... he should pray Canadians have short memories.

Because in 20 years when Climate Change really impacts and the sh*tstorm hits, there will be lynch mobs looking for those climate denier dinosaurs who ruined the lives of millions.

Edited by *Buzzsaw*

1 hour ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

If he forms government, repeals the carbon tax, and then opens up a gusher of oil production... he should pray Canadians have short memories.

Because in 20 years when Climate Change really impacts and the sh*tstorm hits, there will be lynch mobs looking for those climate denier dinosaurs who ruined the lives of millions.

Except even Neil deGrasse Tyson says it’s not a crisis.  It’s become a political issue and what they propose to solve the problem, won’t even put a dent into it.  Come up with a better solution and we might listen.  They propose things that won’t work so they can keep campaigning on it and win over voters on something they know won’t work

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mpt said:

Except even Neil deGrasse Tyson says it’s not a crisis.  It’s become a political issue and what they propose to solve the problem, won’t even put a dent into it.  Come up with a better solution and we might listen.  They propose things that won’t work so they can keep campaigning on it and win over voters on something they know won’t work

He does? https://www.cnn.com/2017/09/17/us/neil-degrasse-tyson-on-climate-change-cnntv/index.html

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Bad move by Pudgy Dimple Cheeks to smear the right wing party that takes votes from him.  

So? And? 

This is new or news in politics? 

Its &^@#ing politics! Nothing about the spirit of politics is ethical or safe, new or sacred. Why the surprise? 

What goes on behind the scenes all the way through these “campaigns” is a greasy affair, coincidentally that’s a play on words for why several people have had to step down from any race; dragging skeletons from the closet behind you in front of the public slow you down in a race. 

People with skeletons in the closet are a liability and fair game, fit for rival exposure. Happens all the time, everywhere, everyday. 

Many good candidates can’t go far in politics because they have some kind of badness hiding in the closet. Depending upon how powerful you are, you can make stories and even people go away, but not for most of us, or these politicians. 

This kinda crap has been going on behind the scenes at every level of every  democratic process since forever, so what’s with the feigning of surprise here, or even interest? 

Hate-facts. 

8 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Yes he does, he stated in a podcast with Ben Shapiro’s Sunday special last week that in 150 years we are all still alive and the worst possible scenario ever (which he stays won’t happen) the water level will be at the left hand of the Statue of Liberty (not the one on the torch).  Sure we’ll have to rebuild ever major city but we aren’t all dead like the left wants you to believe.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, mpt said:

Yes he does, he stated in a podcast with Ben Shapiro’s Sunday special last week that in 150 years we are all still alive and the worst possible scenario ever (which he stays won’t happen) the water level will be at the left hand of the Statue of Liberty (not the one on the torch).  Sure we’ll have to rebuild ever major city but we aren’t all dead like the left wants you to believe.

That's pretty damn bad with the melting ice, even if it doesn't go that high. It IS a crisis.

38 minutes ago, mpt said:

So I post a source that refutes your claim and you rebut with "I heard it on a podcast"?

No-one (of any repute) is saying "We'll all be dead", and it can still be a crisis, without such a doomsday prediction. The consensus is rising sea levels and more intense weather phenomena (Hurricanes, floods, wildfires) which is already happening. The "crisis" arises with people's downplaying of the gravity of the situation, which is exactly what DeGrasse-Tyson laments in the article I linked to.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Dazzle said:

That's pretty damn bad with the melting ice, even if it doesn't go that high. It IS a crisis.

Kind of a weird stance. We'll all still be alive, just all our coastal cities where the majority of the populace lives will be devastated. He always looks for any hyperbole he can place on "the left" though.

• Upvote 2