The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Around the NHL | October (20-26) 2019

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, rekker said:

Loving the new, "challenge a possible offside on a goal" and miss is now a penalty. Totally speeding up the game and letting close ones, for the most part, go uncontested. 

So to be clear a team can challenge as many times as they want?

20 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

So to be clear a team can challenge as many times as they want?

Good question. I'm not sure. Anyone know? Edit. I just read that yes, challenge all you want, but if your wrong it's a two minute penalty. 

Edited by rekker
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

And then the punishment goes up if you’re wrong twice right?

Easy now. Your sounding like my first wife, lol. There are no escalations of penalties with the amount of times you can challenge and get punished. 

• Haha 3

Dave Tippet has Oilers playing great defensively.

Allowed 1 goal vs DET last game. Today 0-0 vs WPG went to shootout WPG won. 

Very good game both teams battled hard even tho no goals in regulation or OT

Oilers seem like the real deal. 9 games in 7-1-1 record for 15 Pts. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Watching Flames losing to the Ducks.  Lucic is no longer an NHL player.  He looks unbelievably slow.  Just terrible.  Worst skater I’ve seen in a very long time.  

I'm watching it as well. Tie game now. 

They showed a stat earlier on Tkachuk. He's a great player at home and not very good on the road.

Huge discrepancy. Almost all his goals assists scored at home. He's a minus player has only like 8 goals in  45 road games.

Guess he thrives off emotions and home crowd helps him get psyched up and play better. 

Edited by WHL rocks
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

I'm watching it as well. Tie game now. 

They showed a stat earlier on Tkachuk. He's a great player at home and not very good on the road.

Huge discrepancy. Almost all his goals assists scored at home. He's a minus player has only like 8 goals in  45 road games.

Guess he thrives off emotions and home crowd helps him get psyched up and play better. 

Gaudreau idem a few years ago - not sure if still the case.  Was matchups for him.

11 minutes ago, mll said:

Gaudreau idem a few years ago - not sure if still the case.  Was matchups for him.

Ya they talked about Gaudreau having similar issues couple years back. He's not having those issues anymore. Matured and got stronger with age and experience I guess. 

Tkachuk will also grow out of it as he grows. Matchups are huge. Facing top pair Dmen and shut down forwards on road vs favourable matchups when home.