The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Around the NHL | October (20-26) 2019

Rate this topic

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Hey, if the Leafs has to play only hard nosed games would they win any?  My Hod they are a soft team.  I like Muzzin, but he’s their only player with any guys.  

They're out in first round again.

Way too soft.

Team not built correctly. Got even softer this season when they needed to get bigger and tougher to play against. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, WHL rocks said:

Tyson Barrie trending. 

Leafs fans trying to run him out if town for his defensive shortcomings.

Lol. How do they not know he's never been good on D. He's an offensive Dman. That's all.

Who would we trade for Barrie?  I heard rumours of Jake at the draft, but JB said no.  Would Hockey Gaud be too much for Barrie?  Would the Leafs prefer a proper checking and defensive minded centre like Sutter?  What you think?  I know Barrie is a one way player, but I like him.  

Listening to Leafs post game.  OMG this is must listen to radio.  Too much fun!  Fire the coach!!!  Ha ha ha Shansplsn sucks old stinky socks.  Loser Leafs are a tire fire.  My God Alf is happy!  Sure I’m sleeping on the sofa and starving but it’s eorth it !  Ha ha ha Suck docks Lesf’s fans.  Say hello to loserville and giving up you coming first round picks.  Losers.  

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Who would we trade for Barrie?  I heard rumours of Jake at the draft, but JB said no.  Would Hockey Gaud be too much for Barrie?  Would the Leafs prefer a proper checking and defensive minded centre like Sutter?  What you think?  I know Barrie is a one way player, but I like him.  

We don't have/ willing to give up what they need.

They need toughness on D and forward. 

I'd wait till summer when he's UFA. Depending on the price tag maybe sign him then.

Leafs gave up Kadri for Barrie and Kerfoot. They're not giving him away.

They likely trade Nylander this season if they can get something which makes them better.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

We don't have/ willing to give up what they need.

They need toughness on D and forward. 

I'd wait till summer when he's UFA. Depending on the price tag maybe sign him then.

Leafs gave up Kadri for Barrie and Kerfoot. They're not giving him away.

They likely trade Nylander this season if they can get something which makes them better.

Would Barrie be redundant now we have Quinn?  My sofa has frogging lumps.  

What’s up with Tydon Barrie?  Guy has only 4 points in 12 games and is minus a million.  Leaf fans are calling for his head, and they should be.  Terrible trade by Dumbass.  Kadri is leading the Lanch to first place in the league!  Barrie is leading the Leafs to the basement.

Hey, when the Loser Leafs fire Babcock should we fire green and hire Babs? 

Babcock doing serious whining.  “Oh we’re not practicing”. “Oh we’re playing back to back”. “Oh we have injuries”. “Oh our schedule is tough”

even their radio guys are providing the same excuses.  Are these eastern reporters this afraid of Dubass?

Ehlers going mothing in a hard game against the Flsmes.  He’s hiding on the walks, and totally a feared to go into the hard areas.  He’s happy though, because he’s collecting 6 million.  What a waste of s contract.  Thank God JB saw the losers that Ehlers and Nylander were.  

Joke of a review call by the NHL on the Cslgary goal.  Clearly that was a stick above the crossbar contacting the puck.  The crossbar is only 4 feet!  That stick on puck was at least 5 feet.  NHL review is a joke.  Why have it?  Ha ha ha 

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Ehlers going mothing in a hard game against the Flsmes.  He’s hiding on the walks, and totally a feared to go into the hard areas.  He’s happy though, because he’s collecting 6 million.  What a waste of s contract.  Thank God JB saw the losers that Ehlers and Nylander were.  

Joke of a review call by the NHL on the Cslgary goal.  Clearly that was a stick above the crossbar contacting the puck.  The crossbar is only 4 feet!  That stick on puck was at least 5 feet.  NHL review is a joke.  Why have it?  Ha ha ha 

sounds like ALF is on the

image.png.2dcd7ee491e7ccd0137cbe37273d5f82.png 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

What’s up with Tydon Barrie?  Guy has only 4 points in 12 games and is minus a million.  Leaf fans are calling for his head, and they should be.  Terrible trade by Dumbass.  Kadri is leading the Lanch to first place in the league!  Barrie is leading the Leafs to the basement.

Hey, when the Loser Leafs fire Babcock should we fire green and hire Babs? 

Not sure why they made the trade for Barrie in the first place. He wasn't what they needed on defense (they have Reilly running the top PP, so Barrie is on the 2nd unit PP which I think it partly why his offensive production has dipped) and he was always going to be a rental as they likely wouldn't be able to afford to extend him. They add Kerfoot who's a decent player, but why sign Spezza? I'm fine with them using Kadri as trade bait to bolster their defense, but they could've forgotten Kerfoot and targeted a more suitable dman for their needs.

With this said, to those that think we should be adding Barrie in the offseason, he's going to be in a similar boat here. He might have a stronger D partner to work with here, but with Quinn running the top PP, Barrie will get 2nd unit duties as I don't see us having both of them on the same PP. Barrie will likely command a decent amount as a UFA even if he struggles this year, so will he bounce back and be worth his cap space?

• Cheers 1