The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Former Canucks Brendan Gaunce was stretchered off the ice after a scary incident

Rate this topic

Crimson-JH

On 10/20/2019 at 4:37 AM, Alflives said:

Targeted hit.  No penalty and no suspension.  Vigilante justice is the only way to keep guys inside the rules.  Will there be another Steve Moore incident soon?  

If that happened in Boston, the refs would be digging Chara out of McCarron with a shovel.

Nobody did anything.

Brutal.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 10/20/2019 at 1:05 PM, Canuckster86 said:

Dirty for sure, sickening that the ref didn't even call it a penalty. This type of hit albeit rare is why your team better be willing to MAN up and do something about it. If you see a teammate get hit like that or taken out it should be instinct to go after the guy if your on the ice, or if your on the bench you make sure the next time you hop over the boards your running full speed like a bowling ball at every single player on the other team. If you happen to see the guy on the ice who did that hit, you go and fight him like a MAN.

Hockey is a physical sport, people who think it needs to be out of the game should buy a Euro league hockey subscription, where there is next to no hitting. If Canuck players get run and we do nothing about it I will stop watching them, this isn't senior league hockey its the fastest game on 2 feet and there will always be an element of physicalness in hockey...especially in the PLAYOFFS!

A few days ago a thread was made about the lack of fighting so far this year and the drop off in general.   At some point you have to wonder if with concussion lawsuits etc if our NA will eventually end up more like international play - where fighters are ejected or banned from play etc...given the hockey I used to watch has already tamed way down, including the hitting - you can add my name to that list of big fans that will won’t watch either.   I get what your saying about stopping.   Know someone that did after the lock-out, played a lot of hockey himself and couldn’t stand the way things changed and doesn’t follow it or watch it except for the WJs.   Hope it never comes to that - (fighting is banned) and it probably won’t anytime soon at least...it’s a team sport and guys have to have each other’s back.