The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

We could ice a way better lineup than the one we run now

Rate this topic

deus.ex.makina

15 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

Why do so many here think Sven has to be top 6 only...What is so wrong with having some skill on the 3rd line that can contribute offensively and help out on the PP etc. This is the new era of NHL hockey where its about speed and skill throughout your ENTIRE line up

In our case it's due to his chemistry with Horvat, who seems to struggle without him.

When healthy, i would reunite the Baertschi Horvat Boeser line. 
something like :

Miller Petterson Goldobin (yeah i hear you, credibility...you see how much that affected me)

Baertschi Horvat Boeser

Pearson Gaudette Roussel

Ferland Beagle Sutter

Out: Motte Leivo

AHL: Eriksson Schaller.

any takers ? 

I wouldn't be so sure Management has given up on Goldy.  Cull obviously has a mandate to develop him ....... he is on the 3rd line with Jasek and Baertschi, on the 1sr PP (Baertschi on the 2nd unit) and is a key part of Utica's 23 of 25 penalty kills (2nd unit)

And is the Baer & Goldy success due to being 3rd line and against weaker matchups?  After all, opposition best checkers and defenders are trying to stop Boucher and MacEwen (although that might change over time)

And don't write off Jasek.  Turning out to be a capable center, and undeniably he and Goldy are forming a formidable PK pairing.

Goldy is a work in progress, and is buying into the program (seems to be hustling more and actually saw him throw a couple of checks!!)

• Upvote 1

On 10/20/2019 at 9:30 AM, deus.ex.makina said:

with Baertschi and Goldobin at 2ppg in AHL, it's time to bring them back and address the 2nd line issue and the 2nd pp unit as well.

This is the forwards group i want to see :

Miller Petterson Boeser
Baertschi Horvat Goldobin
Pearson Gaudette Sutter
Ferland Beagle Virtanen

IR Roussel
Out : Leivo, Motte
Utica : Eriksson, Schaller

PP1 :

Miller

Boeser    Horvat   Petterson

Hugues

PP2 :
                 Farland
Baertschi Gaudette Goldobin 
                 Myers

/enjoy

edit missed Schaller. between two of them i rather keep Motte close to the lineup

It is becoming clearer every game that Eriksson is holding back the potential of this team,. Just by holding his roster spot.

Zinging clear to most of us here, a bullet to bite on for management...  the sooner the fan base rides managements ass on this situation the better..  maybe then they will realize we understand what a rebuild, and icing your best is all about.

it’s the same amount of money out regardless of where he is.., but to stop the progression of this team with his roster spot in the press box is not the pragmatism I thought this management had.

it disappoints me that Bartschi and Guadette aren’t rotating in.  This is not progress.

22 hours ago, deus.ex.makina said:

Yes, absolutely. Goldy the floater is more capable of making a good pass than anyone of our current lineup. You don't put a 2PPG's rates by accident. Even if his production falls to 1/4 and goes down to 0.5PPG, i'll take it.

When Rouss' gets back, it's between Virtanen and Ferland, and i don't think how we could help Ferdaddy to regain its confidence back by sitting him. Virtanen on the other hand, continues his weak plays. I would give him the Goldobin treatement and send him to Utica.

I suspect you're arguing to bring the wrong guy up...

Boucher = 8g 2a 10pts

Goldy = 1g 8a 9pts

Baer = 2g 6a 8pts

If we need goals you should be arguing to bring Boucher up. :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Baggins said:

Boucher = 8g 2a 10pts

Goldy = 1g 8a 9pts

Baer = 2g 6a 8pts

you may have a point. but i'm talking about playmaking and passing more than anything else. 
and Goldy, (player of the week i just read) is 2.25PPG. so...

4 hours ago, deus.ex.makina said:

you may have a point. but i'm talking about playmaking and passing more than anything else. 
and Goldy, (player of the week i just read) is 2.25PPG. so...

I'd say we've had more trouble with missed opportunities (missing the net) than getting opportunities to score. The plays have been there, but the finish has been inconsistent. I'm not that concerned this early in the season. Give the lines a chance to really gel.

4 hours ago, Baggins said:

Boucher = 8g 2a 10pts

Goldy = 1g 8a 9pts

Baer = 2g 6a 8pts

when Boucher came up before he was not all that good and Goldy was just a floater Baer I liked but he needs more  confidence

8 hours ago, deus.ex.makina said:

In our case it's due to his chemistry with Horvat, who seems to struggle without him.

When healthy, i would reunite the Baertschi Horvat Boeser line. 
something like :

Miller Petterson Goldobin (yeah i hear you, credibility...you see how much that affected me)

Baertschi Horvat Boeser

Pearson Gaudette Roussel

Ferland Beagle Sutter

Out: Motte Leivo

AHL: Eriksson Schaller.

any takers ? 

goldy  on the first line now  , what a joke  lol   

12 hours ago, Baggins said:

Boucher = 8g 2a 10pts

Goldy = 1g 8a 9pts

Baer = 2g 6a 8pts

This might show that AHL isn't very good at all. I don't believe Goldy and Baer would have 2ppg in either KHL or SHL. 

Edited by Timråfan

4 hours ago, the grinder said:

im sure you do but we don't need to know your video game fantasies 

Oh, you mean cdc is for experts only ? Wow strange that almost every topics i read are full of fantasies and experimentations... 

Goldy with Petey were a good duo the past year. Boeser and Bo with Baertschi line was good too. Do they come from coach fantasies from your standards ?

we needed a true top 6 to solidify our forwards group, now look at the second line production and tell me that you’re ok with that.

Pearson at 4pts ? Horvat 4 ? Leivo 3? 
We can do better than this. 

Goldy and Baertschi were sent to Utica to regain confidence for the first and more of physicality testing (and cap relief) for the second. We can say that both have done very well and should re enter the top 6 (second line) conversation. And i’m even not talking about PP2 yet.

• Like 1