The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who is your all time favorite Canuck? (Poll/Discussion)

Rate this topic

J.I.A.H.N

Who is your favorite all time Canuck  

137 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This one of the hardest questions there is.

Jovanovski was my first favourite player when I first became a die hard.

Kesler was my favourite player during his time here. 

Bo Horvat had become my favourite but now watching Quinn Hughes play I'd say he's my favourite since Kesler

Not to mention Luongo, Burrows, Bieksa, Hamhuis, Bertuzzi, Cloutier (yes I liked Cloutier), Linden, The Sedins, Pettersson, Bure, Nazzy, exc. 

For apparel I have a Jovanovski stick in rink shirt, Kesler/Hamhuis/Horvat jerseys. And if I get another it'll be Hughes. 

I'd guess I'd have to say Jovo, Kesler or Quinn Hughes.... If I had to try & narrow it down. 

Edit: If Jovo was an option he would be my vote, since he's my first fav, but its hard to even vote.

Edited by Smashian Kassian
  • Upvote 1

Pavel Bure was the most electric and exciting player that ever wore a Canucks jersey.  As soon as I saw him play that first game, and after that first shift where he went end to end and almost scored that was it for me.  He became not only my favourite Canuck but my favourite player in the entire NHL.  That's what made him so special to me, he was my favourite player in the entire NHL and he played for the Canucks.

I still remember that first game.  I was in the Coliseum at the time.  It just felt so different.  After that first shift everyone stood up as soon as Bure came on the ice, as the fans were expecting something to happen.  It was a different feeling than any other game I have ever attended.  He changed the entire organization.  We finally had a superstar and he played for Vancouver.  We finally had a player that other fans from other cities wanted to watch.  It was the most exciting time in Canucks history really.  The Sedin era was great, the Westcoast Express era was great, but the time that Bure played was the most exciting for me.  And the 1994 Stanley Cup run was the most exciting for me as well.  Game 6 of the final at the Coliseum was one the most exciting Canucks games ever.  

The Sedins will be Hall of Famers for sure.  Naslund and Bertuzzi won't be but they brought us excitement as well.  Linden and Smyl were the heart and soul of the Canucks when they played, the Captains and the leaders.  Luongo was the best goalie we ever had.  But Pavel Bure is the player that sticks out to me the most of all of those.  He was one of the most exciting players to ever play in the NHL, and he was ours for what seems only a short time, but a most memorable one.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Voted Bure, surprised how out front he is, but he deserves it, amazing player with some serious grit, AKA: the mother of all elbows, how could you not love him.

On top of that I had the pleasure of spending a bit of time with him, easy pick for me for my favourite Canuck.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Voted Bure, surprised how out front he is, but he deserves it, amazing player with some serious grit, AKA: the mother of all elbows, how could you not love him.

On top of that I had the pleasure of spending a bit of time with him, easy pick for me for my favourite Canuck.

Yah the Sedins were good, sorry great but they just didn't do it for me, they were great players in a soft time. My close seconds to Bure would be Linden, Burrows, Bertuzzi, Kesler, Smyl, Nasland, Odjick, and Tiger, sadly  they’re heart is something you just don’t see anymore in the NHL..

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Pavel Bure was the most electric and exciting player that ever wore a Canucks jersey.  As soon as I saw him play that first game, and after that first shift where he went end to end and almost scored that was it for me.  He became not only my favourite Canuck but my favourite player in the entire NHL.  That's what made him so special to me, he was my favourite player in the entire NHL and he played for the Canucks.

I still remember that first game.  I was in the Coliseum at the time.  It just felt so different.  After that first shift everyone stood up as soon as Bure came on the ice, as the fans were expecting something to happen.  It was a different feeling than any other game I have ever attended.  He changed the entire organization.  We finally had a superstar and he played for Vancouver.  We finally had a player that other fans from other cities wanted to watch.  It was the most exciting time in Canucks history really.  The Sedin era was great, the Westcoast Express era was great, but the time that Bure played was the most exciting for me.  And the 1994 Stanley Cup run was the most exciting for me as well.  Game 6 of the final at the Coliseum was one the most exciting Canucks games ever.  

The Sedins will be Hall of Famers for sure.  Naslund and Bertuzzi won't be but they brought us excitement as well.  Linden and Smyl were the heart and soul of the Canucks when they played, the Captains and the leaders.  Luongo was the best goalie we ever had.  But Pavel Bure is the player that sticks out to me the most of all of those.  He was one of the most exciting players to ever play in the NHL, and he was ours for what seems only a short time, but a most memorable one.

Suuuuure you were at that game. Considering your user name is Elias Petterrsson and your join date for this site is like what? Less than 2 years old, I doubt that. Unless you were living in a cave, Im pretty sure every red blooded hockey fan in the province is in this forum or have known of this forum at the very least

All of them...I really have one (or two) for each era of Canucks hockey but, come on now...   (Obvs Burr)

Bure and EP are/were the most exciting, ever...so that deserves special mention.

TL, Hank and Danny.  Hard not to pick them.

Gino.  Just blew a chance to hang with him at the Lions game, so sore subject.  I'm going to fight a whole team over it in his honour.   

Loved Lumme, Ohlund, Salo, Jovo (Ronning, Gelinas too).  

Got playfully told off by Pat Quinn so he's like my favourite Uncle.

Lu...his tweets are year round Christmas presents.

Lol, I keep editing this so:

Everyone.  

(I'd also have Juice on that list)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Didn’t really start watching the Canucks until I was in grade 11, before that was more of a hockey fan and liked Gretzky because well all the kids did in grade school (and before that Bobby Clark).  Just happened to correspond with KM coming to Vancouver and Linden helping  us almost knock out the eventual champs in 89.   The Quin teams will always hold a special place in my heart - Linden, Bure, Babych, Diduck, Odjick, Ronning, Courtnall,  Adams etc...

Of those guys Linden, KM and Bure were my favourites.  If I picked one have to be Linden.  Bure was the most exciting player we’ve ever had, one of the most unique all-time too.   A superstar - what he did in Florida later in the deepest part of the dead puck era was unbelievable.   Now with no redline and guys grabbing, hooking, holding, interfering etc I have no doubts he’d score 15-20 more easily per year - and the goalies weren’t any worse back when he played so don’t buy that argument the jump in sp had already occurred thanks to Roy and bigger equipment.    

Since i really liked Jovo and Ohlund.  And Burrows and Juice.   And have a feeling I’m going to like a lot of the guys on our current team (will add to the legends).  Horvat will be a great C - EP has the chops to make it to the HHOF - and like how he plays, already has a small chip on his shoulder that I see growing.  BB, Miller, Myers and Hughes quickly becoming new faves...great time to be a fan.  JM and Demko - wow what a tandem. 

1 - Roberto Luongo

2 - Sami Salo

3 - Alexander Edler

4 - Kevin Bieksa

5 - Willie Mitchell

You can guess when I became Canucks' fan reading the list and I don't think the top 5 will ever change.

The period when you became fan > All the rest no matter what

Edited by ItalianCanuck1

2 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

All of them...I really have one (or two) for each era of Canucks hockey but, come on now...

Bure and EP are/were the most exciting, ever...so that deserves special mention.

TL, Hank and Danny.  Hard not to pick them.

Gino.  Just blew a chance to hang with him at the Lions game, so sore subject.  I'm going to fight a whole team over it in his honour.   

Loved Lumme, Ohlund, Salo, Jovo (Ronning, Gelinas too).  

Got playfully told off by Pat Quinn so he's like my favourite Uncle.

Lu...his tweets are year round Christmas presents.

Lol, I keep editing this so:

Everyone.  

(I'd also have Juice on that list)

Oh come on, who are you trying to fool? LOL

You dream of Alex Burrows...…..

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Yea it's funny because he's not my favorite but absolutely the best Canuck ever. No one is even close.