The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks Vs. Red Wings | October 22, 2019 @ 4:30 PST

Rate this topic

Greenman Wannabe

6 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

That whole Fantenberg signing is confusing to me. Is he better than Rafferty, Teves and Sautner?  At 28, he's played with 3 NHL teams so far (88 games), and doesn't produce. I don't get it.

He's better than Teves for sure. Debatable if he's better than Rafferty and Sautner, but it was unknown if either of those players had reached their ceiling or could take another step and be NHLers at the time of the signing. We let 3 NHL roster D go (again, debatable if they were NHL quality, but they were on the roster) last year and needed to sign some additional depth to cover for injuries. He was a cheap, low risk, insurance signing. Not bad for a capable #6D

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

I wonder if Erne being out is because he embarrassed the Wings team last time they played. The way he turtled and then peeked up afterwards, maybe they just want to defuse any situation before it starts so they can concentrate on the game without this distraction. Glad Myers is on our side.

Doubt it. They would've healthy scratched him rather than put him on IR. Unless they are pre-emptively doing so knowing Myers would put him out of commission for the same amount of time anyway.

33 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

That whole Fantenberg signing is confusing to me. Is he better than Rafferty, Teves and Sautner?  At 28, he's played with 3 NHL teams so far (88 games), and doesn't produce. I don't get it.

No brainer in my opinion. Fantenberg hits like a truck, plays good defence, and has proven he can play a role. The other three not so much. Saunter got some games due to severe injury problems. Just randomly throwing prospects into a depth position isn't that simple. Also this move is quite easy to reverse while your situation is not.

2 hours ago, Qwags said:

Wish I could call in sick. But I need a doctor's note. :(

doctor-s-note.jpg

Give that note and tell him/her to pound sand(after you cough on it).  After all you could be legally fired even if you do bring a note.  Our workplace requires at least 3 days before a note is needed.

We normally recommend asking for a doctor's note after 3 consecutive days of illness. The doctor's note should outline any medical restrictions the employee may have, and the date the employee will be able to return to work. Any fee for the completion of a doctor's note should be reimbursed by the employer.

From a HR consulting firm.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

NHL level depth that keeps the call up guys safe from waivers, basically.

Edited by xereau
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, PuckFather said:

Ask Santa for a PVR this Christmas :frantic:

I just got cable last month for the first time since I moved out 3 years ago and PVRing the games has been awesome... 60 minutes with no commercials or intermissions to suffer through.

I think PVR boxes are included with any cable subscription now lol 

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

Fatenberg is a good depth 7D.

Physical D with some skilled forwards some physical is the way to build now.

Depth guys have to be defensively responsible with some physicality. 

1 minute ago, YummyCakeFace said:

Green admits Quinn looked fatigued last game, basically admitting he’s mismanaged his ice time.  Eight games into the season and he’s fatigued. Yikes. Tonight is a trap game and the boys will likely fall in.  5-2 Detroit 

I'm all for resting Quinn from time to time. First season, fighting bigger faster players every night. When your deep take advantage of that and rest some bodies if possible, especially older vets like Tanev (who looks a bit tired lately). I think over playing players leads to more injuries, via fatigue and reaction times.

It would be nice to added rested bodies when they back home after the long trip.

9 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

I just got cable last month for the first time since I moved out 3 years ago and PVRing the games has been awesome... 60 minutes with no commercials or intermissions to suffer through.

I think PVR boxes are included with any cable subscription now lol 

They're not, I ordered the basic package from Shaw for $30/mo and was surprised to find out there is no pvr.  Still a good deal for NFL and hockey.  

7 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

It was back to back 10 am games. 

Most of the team was fatigued. 

Which is why it was so baffling to me that Gaudette didn't get in on Sunday.  You got fresh legs Green, use them.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1