The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks Vs. Red Wings | October 22, 2019 @ 4:30 PST

Rate this topic

Greenman Wannabe

8 hours ago, Greenman Wannabe said:

I'm still working on editing things, so bare with me lol... First time making one and literally copying someone elses format, so go easy on me :/

Looks great man!

As for my general prediction, look for Jake to make good on this opportunity and have a 4 point game.

Also looking forward to the JV vs Bertuzzi battles!

16 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I've really liked Schaller, Beagle and Motte. Would appear to be a tough line to play against, punishing and frustrating at times. The PK has been great and the goals against as well, Canucks haven't had more than 3 goals against in a game this year so far. Shutting teams down. Close call against the NYR, but they held on for a great win. Interesting, last year the team motto was "BATTLE", but yet, this year they seem to be battling harder than ever. There's a lot of grit on this team, and more coming with Roussel (geez, I miss that guy). Benning wanted to build a team that was tough to play against, and I think he's done that.

Last year, they all thought the motto was "Lebatt" all season, and after 3 months of heavy drinking the wheels fell off.

LEBATTLEBATTLEBATTLEBATTLEBATTLEBATT

Edited by xereau
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, milk and honey said:

Why is our 4th line rated so badly. They r actually half decent. Especially motte and Beagle. Even Schaller been ok this year

Anyhow 4-1

Boeser

Miller

Virt

Myers(empty net)

Bertuzzi

I think that rating system does a poor job at taking in the finer parts of the game. Tanev is usually pretty low too.

Jake with Bo and Tanner is a learning opportunity for Jake; I hope he makes the most of it.

Horvat and Pearson are very vocal out there and they will let Jake know exactly what they expect.

Good instruction and Jake's physical talents make this a very interesting line; fast, heavy, and determined.

I'm expecting that big Jake grin to be shining through lots of sweat after this game.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

6 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Lines in morning skate:

Pearson-Horvat-Virtanen
Miller-Pettersson-Boeser
Ferland-Sutter-Leivo
Schaller-Beagle-Motte

Edler-Myers
Hughes-Tanev
Benn-Stecher

Markstrom

I like seeing Virtanen on the Horvat line. I thought they did well together a few years back and hopefully we see some youthful chemistry from them.

50 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

They're not, I ordered the basic package from Shaw for $30/mo and was surprised to find out there is no pvr.  Still a good deal for NFL and hockey.  

That is very odd.... I would call back and ask for a free (rental) one.  I added 'small tv' onto my internet 300 plan with shaw last month and it's only 20/month with two PVR boxes and they upgraded my modem.  gotta play hardball with those damn providers.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

That is very odd.... I would call back and ask for a free (rental) one.  I added 'small tv' onto my internet 300 plan with shaw last month and it's only 20/month with two PVR boxes and they upgraded my modem.  gotta play hardball with those damn providers.

On a plan though?  I can cancel at any time, which I will after the season.  I looked into just gettting SN/TSN w/o cable but it actually costs more.