The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Okay, Save the Laffs..PLEASE!

Rate this topic

On 8/12/2021 at 6:27 AM, Ghostsof1915 said:

Might want to catch up on business news. Ontario Teacher's Pension Fund sold their 79.53% ownership of the team to BCE (Bell Canada's parent company) and Rogers for $1.32 Billion dollars back in 2012. The team is split between Bell and Rogers owning 75%, and Larry Tanenbaum's Kilmer Sports owning 25%. 

It still blows me away that the two biggest telecommunications companies in a country thats regulated like this one can jointly own its biggest sports team without violating some kind of antitrust laws.

Edited by McBackup
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

On 8/13/2021 at 12:49 AM, Hairy Kneel said:

If you add a m to Dubas you get

Dumbass

You do? Ummmmm, wouldn't you need to add an S as well? Probably shouldn't be calling someone else a dumbass, if you can't even get all of the correct letters together to spell the word properly yourself.

And I HATE the Leafs, just thought your reply was pretty humorous. 

25 minutes ago, Drop Em said:

You do? Ummmmm, wouldn't you need to add an S as well? Probably shouldn't be calling someone else a dumbass, if you can't even get all of the correct letters together to spell the word properly yourself.

And I HATE the Leafs, just thought your reply was pretty humorous. 

C'mon you don't have to lie. :P

On 10/23/2019 at 3:36 PM, Wanless said:

I can't help but read your posts like they're lyrics or a poem. Could be my phone

On 10/23/2019 at 3:39 PM, Nuxfanabroad said:

Just imagine some Page riffs filling gaps, & the Song Remains The Same.

Or you end up ‘dazed and confused’...

• Vintage 1

• 2 months later...

Reilly is easily one of the most overrated dmen in the leugue. A list of anointed star dmen going back to Gartner, Phaneuf, etc. They continually overpay and sign based on their own media fueled, frenzied, homerism media. Brilliant move after brilliant move is made there, according to their biased media, and the results just continue to be laffable. The soap opera that is the Laffs is easily, easily, my most favorite reality show. It's going to  get more and more entertaining. Obviously the "superstar" players unwilling to in anyway get dirty will be the fodder. But now the goaltending, which again was continually praised as found money, will be under fire. Such fun this is and couldn't be happening to a more egocentric fan base. They will miss the playoffs in that tough division. Book it. 

Edited by rekker
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

I love watching the Leafs crash and burn as much as any sane human being, but lets be honest. All its going to take is one decisive win for that fanbase to jump back on the team's bandwagon and the media to begin speculation if the league will somehow allow the Laffs to win 6 cups in one season.

Edited by McBackup
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, rekker said:

Reilly is easily one of the most overrated dmen in the leugue. A list of anointed star dmen going back to Gartner, Phaneuf, etc. They continually overpay and sign based on their own media fueled, frenzied, homerism media.

Agreed.  He can't play a lick of defence, which simply isn't acceptable at the NHL level.  His refusal to even try to learn how to play in his own zone is a big reason why no team will succeed with him wasting a roster spot.

• Cheers 1