The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Okay, Save the Laffs..PLEASE!

Rate this topic

16 hours ago, J-Dizzle said:

Matthews for Ekblad...and whatever other parts need to move to fit salary :lol:

I wonder if FLA would do that?  Ekblad is clearly a number one D man, who is only making 7.5 on the Cap, and he's locked up for 6 more seasons.  AM is a number one centre, but he eats up 11.5 million off the cap, and he's terrible defensively.  And there's the whole question of character.  

I say the Leafs are stuck with their overpaid, and overhyped pantless man-child.  

20 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I wonder if FLA would do that?  Ekblad is clearly a number one D man, who is only making 7.5 on the Cap, and he's locked up for 6 more seasons.  AM is a number one centre, but he eats up 11.5 million off the cap, and he's terrible defensively.  And there's the whole question of character.  

I say the Leafs are stuck with their overpaid, and overhyped pantless man-child.  

ekblad has a nmc

hard to include him in any trade

and why would he leave a better team

to be moved to a worse team?

but,,,,,

maybe if he could renegotiate his contract to get laff value to play for that team ?

then he might do it

an aav in doube figures ?

Edited by coastal.view

On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 3:03 PM, Alflives said:

Nylander, with his new contract, isn't worth much in trade.  The Leafs need to trade AM if they want to land a top four D man, who plays both ends of the ice.  

Maybe Dubas will try to orchestrate a trade where Matthews and his pants head to LA for Doughty?

• Cheers 1

The higher paid Leafs players are still doing okay, around a point-a-game, but Marner, Nylander and Matthews have looked unmotivated at times. With TOR being the centre of the universe, I wonder if Matthews, Marner and Nylander just swindeled the Leafs out of really big money, knowing the Leafs are desperate to bring a championship to TOR. Dubas would've paid anything, not exactly an intimidating figure. Who knows, they might also realize they thay won't wn one there with their Charmin soft roster, so I expect some trades over the next 2 years. Canucks will show them how it's done. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

The higher paid Leafs players are still doing okay, around a point-a-game, but Marner, Nylander and Matthews have looked unmotivated at times. With TOR being the centre of the universe, I wonder if Matthews, Marner and Nylander just swindeled the Leafs out of really big money, knowing the Leafs are desperate to bring a championship to TOR. Dubas would've paid anything, not exactly an intimidating figure. Who knows, they might also realize they thay won't wn one there with their Charmin soft roster, so I expect some trades over the next 2 years. Canucks will show them how it's done. 

So now they're trying to sell Rolexes(yeah, sure they are buddy!) at a roadside FLEA market?!(oh the humanity)

On 10/23/2019 at 2:46 PM, Nuxfanabroad said:

But that won't last. When they drop under the PO-bar, what was entertaining will suddenly become infuriating. The Hogtown faithfull will fully realize the emperor has no clothes, & shtf.

They should trade us all their 1st's and Marner for Hoglander! (kidding) :lol:

Hoglander is looking to be something special! 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

The higher paid Leafs players are still doing okay, around a point-a-game, but Marner, Nylander and Matthews have looked unmotivated at times.

Nylander hasn't looked motivated for a day in his life except when he signed his abomination of a contract.  Laziest piece of garbage in the whole league; the bum plays like he needs a tourist visa to enter his own zone.  Dumbass would have to part with more than he did in the Marleau deal to get rid of that useless floater.

• Upvote 1

On 10/23/2019 at 3:18 PM, Nuxfanabroad said:

Wadr to the Laff fans on this board, starting this thread to get out ahead of the coming panic. No prob if you disagree with the main premise. Not starting this topic to incite a war. Just calling/predicting it as it appears. I'll number the main points, for ease of context/replies.

1- Leafs are a precarious Jenga tower, sure to topple over. It's that simple. They were constructed incredibly poorly. "We can, & we will!" Quotes like these are the cringe-worthy statements of an inexperienced GM, who loused this mess to apocalyptic proportions. I'll go into further detail on this assertion, should this thread have legs.

2- They're our polar-opposite. Find this interesting. On their HFBoard page, even their fans admit their key parts/youth are mostly unlikeable. Think back to early JB quotes, where he stated Van's emphasis on "character" in acquiring/drafting young assets. How respectable vets like the twins showed our youth how to carry themselves. JB was often mocked(at that other site) for this priority. Hmm..wonder if they're still laughing at this declaration?

3- Is there a 'Guilty conscience' at play here? ..they blatantly, openly tanked, with self-promotion from their wh*ring media. If an NHL franchise behaved like the Clinton political dynasty..they'd be IT! What was a proud, lasting tradition(The House that Smythe Built"), yada yada..had been reduced to the psychological rubble of a FLEA market, ragged tent.

4- So please..school Dubas, eh? All you aspiring GM's out there..put yer $ where your mouth is! What move(s) would you execute, in order to save this pile of mulch? Pretend you really LIKE this outfit, & want to extinguish the 1967 ghosts. Turn their ship around(despite striking the berg). Appreciating it's merely theoretical, it's sometimes interesting to look back on these things..(eg: "I said Dubas SHOULD do this, but he did that!" etc...)

5- Predictions: Leafs make PO's..Y/N?

7- Does Babcock last the season?

8- Does Dubas make it to next season? (I'll add answers in a bit)

Some might play shoot the messenger here(fine, have thick skin!)..but we've all had to endure their ubiquitous, pontifacting media-storm/blather for far too long. The Christian thing is to share with these wayward souls about the path to tread(said he, tongue in cheek)...

This thread is creative, relevant and also humorous. 

I like the leafs the way they are and if there is one thing I would dream of for our nucks besides winning the cup would be to tàke the leafs out in 4 gàmes in the playoffs. THAT is only slightly behind my desire for a cup. 

• Cheers 1

13 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

The way they're playing tonite, the Leafs finally appear deserving of some respect.

Downside? With the cap situation, these D-men dropping is gonna be quite the challenge.

Meh. Leafs are trying to play a different style more conducive to playoff hockey. Trying. I will believe it when I see it. Been married for twenty years and I try to listen to my wife. I try, even succeed at times, but in the end you are what you are. Leafs players love listening to Babcock preaching defense as much as I love listening to my wifes work stories. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2