The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Okay, Save the Laffs..PLEASE!

Rate this topic

They got greedy the second they signed Tavares and are paying for it. Nylander should of been traded the second they signed JT. I was vocal on TO exploring trade options for AM the second they signed JT as well. Imagine the haul they would of got for AM, the depth on D and forward they could of built. JT and Kadri down the middle, Marner, would of been a great start to a cup contender if you add in the return on AM. I'd argue AM's value has since gone down if you include his contract and indifferent play.

Edited by rekker
  • Upvote 4

2 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

They win one game against Arizona and Sportsnet is writing drivel about the epic turnaround. The sycophantic approach TSN has for the Laffs is embarrassing. 

No kidding. The turnaround is complete and they now have a Jack Adams finalist! This is exactly why I cheer against that franchise. They can do no wrong in the media's eyes. Every move they make is heralded by the spineless Eastern media. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

They win one game against Arizona and Sportsnet is writing drivel about the epic turnaround. The sycophantic approach TSN has for the Laffs is embarrassing. 

Obviously they are going to go undefeated all the way through the season and all the way to the Cup now that they have the "right" coach ;) 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, rekker said:

No kidding. The turnaround is complete and they now have a Jack Adams finalist! This is exactly why I cheer against that franchise. They can do no wrong in the media's eyes. Every move they make is heralded by the spineless Eastern media. 

I can tolerate every other team but not them, they are literally owned by the fake news. Not to mention that pedo ring back in the Ballard days.

• Cheers 2

28 minutes ago, rekker said:

Truly. The organization embraces the attention and runs with it. Screw them. 

• Cheers 1

29 minutes ago, gerry35 said:

Obviously they are going to go undefeated all the way through the season and all the way to the Cup now that they have the "right" coach ;) 

Exactly. The reaffirmation that the pathetic Laffs faithful need to believe, is just sad. 

• Upvote 1

On 11/17/2019 at 8:41 AM, rekker said:

They got greedy the second they signed Tavares and are paying for it. Nylander should of been traded the second they signed JT. I was vocal on TO exploring trade options for AM the second they signed JT as well. Imagine the haul they would of got for AM, the depth on D and forward they could of built. JT and Kadri down the middle, Marner, would of been a great start to a cup contender if you add in the return on AM. I'd argue AM's value has since gone down if you include his contract and indifferent play.

Definitely agree AM’s value has gone down... maybe they could trade him to the oilers for Larsson :bigblush:

In all seriousness though, if I were the leafs I would be looking at guys like Parako or maybe Proverov and seeing if there was any way they could nab one of those guys. 

• Cheers 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, rekker said:

Another Leaf loss. Honeymoon looks to be over. 

Heard their new coach was very disappointed that the players quit competing in Philly.  Now tonight they lose again.  Their best player, by far, was Hyman.  He’s a high compete player.  Tavares, Matthews, and Nylander were again soft, and stayed on the perimeter 5 on 5.  

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Heard their new coach was very disappointed that the players quit competing in Philly.  Now tonight they lose again.  Their best player, by far, was Hyman.  He’s a high compete player.  Tavares, Matthews, and Nylander were again soft, and stayed on the perimeter 5 on 5.  

Leafs are great with the puck. Brutal if they don't have the puck, and brutal at getting it back.

• Cheers 1

In my opinion they have too many chiefs and not enough indians. Because of their abundance of high scoring forwards its like they all think the other guy is going to score so I don't have to worry. They need do drop the caviar and get a little of bit meat and potatoes 

• Upvote 2

In my honest opinion the leafs were destined to fail the moment they signed Nylander to that contract. You just cannot commit that amount of money when you have Matthews and Marner, both require signing (all signs back then clearly showed they will command a king's ransom). What's funny was how Eastern media thought the Leafs had improved over 18-19 roster lol.

• Cheers 1

35 minutes ago, JC2 said:

In my opinion they have too many chiefs and not enough indians. Because of their abundance of high scoring forwards its like they all think the other guy is going to score so I don't have to worry. They need do drop the caviar and get a little of bit meat and potatoes 

Good assessment of their team but as a Canuck fan, I hope they continue with this trend of just outsmarting each other.....

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, crazycry said:

In my honest opinion the leafs were destined to fail the moment they signed Nylander to that contract. You just cannot commit that amount of money when you have Matthews and Marner, both require signing (all signs back then clearly showed they will command a king's ransom). What's funny was how Eastern media thought the Leafs had improved over 18-19 roster lol.

I assume they knew the risk but they just taught they were too smart (being a team from the centre of the universe) and still chose to, "video game" built there roster to a cup win - oops, no reset button !

Edited by ShawnAntoski

51 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Good assessment of their team but as a Canuck fan, I hope they continue with this trend of just outsmarting each other.....

I remember years ago back when the past regime was at their peak, just before 2011, one of the Canuck players in an interview said that sometimes the team got complacent during the game because they assumed that their superior skill would take over so they wouldn't put as much effort in. I can't remember who said it but it reminds me of how Toronto is playing right now. 

• Upvote 1