The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks vs Capitals Diwali Night Edition Oct 25 7pm SN1

Rate this topic

Baer.

10 hours ago, Chronic.Canucks.Fan said:

Going to the game with the Larcheiders, it's gonna be an electric crowd! I was at the Diwali night last year as well and if I'm not mistaken it was the 7-6 win against the Avs I lost my voice during.

Hope to see a Petey snipe and see him get the monkey off his back!

We must have a solid record when the Larcheiders are there. Majority have been blowouts too.

Interesting to observe how TD adapts to Carlson on the point. 

QH’s offensive zone dangling might come to a swift end at the hands of some very strong Washington players. It’s only a matter of time until they tag team him to finish the check or just put their stick on him and send him for a ride.

I worry for the kid, but I did for EP too, but the slippery little buggar proved me wrong. 

This is a Horvat-type game. I suspect we will see some Horvat hockey to remember. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

QH’s offensive zone dangling might come to a swift end at the hands of some very strong Washington players. It’s only a matter of time until they tag team him to finish the check or just put their stick on him and send him for a ride.

I worry for the kid, but I did for EP too, but the slippery little buggar proved me wrong. 

This is a Horvat-type game. I suspect we will see some Horvat hockey to remember. 

The Canuck's improved size will need to be utilized against the Capitals. Ferland should be put on Wilson detail. Won't be easy. While Gudbranson was a challenge at times defensively, he managed Wilson quite well.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

I see QH similar to Keith or Housley. They are far too smart to get in a dangerous position. No matter how much I wanted to see these two get pounded, they managed to avoid big hits throughout their careers. Plus we have players who have no problem pushing back now and make the opposition think twice.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

I think Quinn will be fine. He plays smart and is too elusive. Doesn't mean he can't get caught but its never something I've thought might be a problem.. 

His brother Jack on the other hand cuts to middle and drives the net. Since well before the draft I've always thought he's going to get nailed with a center ice hit in the NHL. I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen to Jack. 

Quinn plays a different game. I'm not worried about him taking a very big hit.

Edited by WHL rocks