The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019/20 World Junior Championships

Rate this topic

Deathrowe

35 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Thing is, he was the recipient of the hit more than the one doling it...looks like he braces first then elbow came up after impact.  Still deserves a penalty, but I don't feel it was malicious.

Agree....he was about to get bulldozed, so as BMc said, he was in a defensive position, and unfortunately his elbow contacted the Russians head.   Really such a shame for Hogs and his team....was really looking forward to watching him today.

Edited by redhdlois

26 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Thing is, he was the recipient of the hit more than the one doling it...looks like he braces first then elbow came up after impact.  Still deserves a penalty, but I don't feel it was malicious.

Didn't he get a suspension for a similar incident in SHL? I love his feistiness and never-back-down attitude, but he should be more careful otherwise he might get a bad rep.

It would be really suck for him if Team Sweden loses this game with their leading scorer ejected. 

36 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Hoglander braced himself for contact and gets the gate. Odd that the top scorer in the tourny wouldn't think he was a target? Not like the Russian was avoiding him. The elbow was not up on contact. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Hoglander braced himself for contact and gets the gate. Odd that the top scorer in the tourny wouldn't think he was a target? Not like the Russian was avoiding him. The elbow was not up on contact. 

Ya, mission accomplished for the Russians.....really want Sweden to win.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, 1-d said:

Didn't he get a suspension for a similar incident in SHL? I love his feistiness and never-back-down attitude, but he should be more careful otherwise he might get a bad rep.

It would be really suck for him if Team Sweden loses this game with their leading scorer ejected. 

He's carrying the puck, sees a guy coming in about to hit him, braces then absorbs the impact and, yes, his elbow came up.  

11 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

image.png

image.png

image.png

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, redhdlois said:

so Hogs doesn’t even get one of three best swedish players????

4 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

Wait so Hoglander isn’t in the top 3 Swedish players.  That’s a joke if I’ve ever heard one

Elias Pettersson was not one of the top 3 Swedish players in 2018. So I am not concerned about Hogs not chosen as one. Swedish hockey from time to time is proven it makes stupid decisions. Like the 2010 Olympic who decided to snub Samuelsson, who was having a career year that season:

1 minute ago, ruilin96 said:

Elias Pettersson was not one of the top 3 Swedish players in 2018. So I am not concerned about Hogs not chosen as one. Swedish hockey from time to time is proven it makes stupid decisions. Like the 2010 Olympic who decided to snub Samuelsson, who was having a career year that season:

But like Hog was the leading scorer of the entire tournament until his linemate Fagemo took that over today while Hog was kicked out on another WJC bogus call

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

But like Hog was the leading scorer of the entire tournament until his linemate Fagemo took that over today while Hog was kicked out on another WJC bogus call

I know. Remember what Samuelsson said to Swedish Hockey Associations after he was snubbed? That’s what I want to say to them as well. Hog still learned a lot in this tournament and will benefit and make him a better player long term and that’s what matters.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1