The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Penguins trade Erik Gudbranson to Ducks for Andreas Martinsen, 2021 7th-round pick

42 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Part of me hopes he puts the entire Canucks roster through the boards. 

The other part knows he’ll likely be on the bench instead. 

I will always cheer for this guy. 

I don’t know... lots of false hopes...

At this point, what you see is what you get.

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

And Pittsburgh stayed under the cap. 

Thats what contending teams do. 

Yup.  Keep the key core guys, while moving the support guys in and out.  Plus, have s pipeline full of top prospects feeding from below.  I think JB has that same pipeline of prospects set up for us.  

189?

If Sutter has two years left, and Gaudette is clearly ready now, should we trade Gaud for a second, and allow Madden (who looks amazing) to be the heir apparent to Sutter?  

59 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yup.  Keep the key core guys, while moving the support guys in and out.  Plus, have s pipeline full of top prospects feeding from below.  I think JB has that same pipeline of prospects set up for us.  

189?

If Sutter has two years left, and Gaudette is clearly ready now, should we trade Gaud for a second, and allow Madden (who looks amazing) to be the heir apparent to Sutter?  

No, but making moves must be up the sleeve of Benning.

Sutter might be the first player on the current roster I’d look to trade out for futures, etc. 

Gaud hasn't shown me enough yet, but he projects well. So maybe I’m jumping the gun on trading Sutter out so Gaud can play. 

Sutter’s value is only high when he’s not injured, which is now! What are the odds that he’ll be hurt again, Alf? 

Its a good roster. I wouldn’t trade out much unless it made them even tougher for playoff hockey. 

For the first time in years, I’m content with the roster. 

Edited by 189lb enforcers?
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

No, but making moves must be up the sleeve of Benning.

Sutter might be the first player on the current roster I’d look to trade out for futures, etc. 

Gaud hasn't shown me enough yet, but he projects well. So maybe I’m jumping the gun on trading Sutter out so Gaud can play. 

Sutter’s value is only high when he’s not injured, which is now! What are the odds that he’ll be hurt again, Alf? 

Its a good roster. I wouldn’t trade out much unless it made them even tougher for playoff hockey. 

For the first time in years, I’m content with the roster. 

Madden is lightening up the college guys.  I wonder if he’s actually s better player than Gaud?

Having these kinds of future issues is so unusual for us I don’t know what to think!  

Our guys on the NHL team better play their hardest or there is someone to take their place.  When was the last time (ever?) we had that depth?  

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Madden is lightening up the college guys.  I wonder if he’s actually s better player than Gaud?

Having these kinds of future issues is so unusual for us I don’t know what to think!  

Our guys on the NHL team better play their hardest or there is someone to take their place.  When was the last time (ever?) we had that depth?  

It feels good, doesn’t it?! 

The depth, the future, the battle level and the product... it’s been a great year so far. 

I did not know this about Madden. I’ve not been following much this year due to home reno stuff, etc. I’ll be heading over to look at what our prospects are up to after reading this. Thanks! 

Can someone tell me how Gaudette is doing in Utica, or is it too soon to say? 

Edited by 189lb enforcers?
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

It feels good, doesn’t it?! 

The depth, the future, the battle level and the product... it’s been a great year so far. 

I did not know this about Madden. I’ve not been following much this year due to home reno stuff, etc. I’ll be heading over to look at what our prospects are up to after reading this. Thanks! 

Can someone tell me how Gaudette is doing in Utica, or is it too soon to say? 

What do you about hiring Babs for coach when the Leafs fire him?  All the talk back east is about the Leafs needing a new and fresh voice.  

I think Green is okay, but to get Babs at this point of our rebuild might be perfect timing. 

Gudbranson is a good guy. He modeled his game after some tough checking defensive defenseman from the dead-puck era. However, as he makes it to the NHL, the league is gradually moving away from the tight checking game to the free flow, speed and skill game today. Early on in his career, he still look like he has a place in the league, but as the game progresses, he just doesn't fit the modern day game anymore. 

On 10/26/2019 at 11:28 PM, canuck73_3 said:

He can barely win with an elite team. Most overrated coach in the modern NHL or ever for that matter. 

To be fair, he dominated with Detroit. He's only succeeded in the regular season with Toronto thus far.