The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Article) Trevor Linden speaks about Canucks 50th anniversary celebrations and life after hockey

Rate this topic

Roger Neilsons Towel

25 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

No love for Henrik, Markus or Luongo?

Henrik, I agree. Markus couldn't handle the captaincy during adversity and playoff pressure. As for Luongo, he was no captain. Just a figure head with a C on his mask. Remember Chelsea Dagger in '09 & '10??

17 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

How does Aquilini allegedly rejecting the stick in rink to be the primary logo lead to him just wanting to make a quick buck? Isn't changing to the primary to the stick and rink contributing towards making more money as the idea is to get fans to buy that jersey? Might as well stick to our original logo if we are to "not care" about making money for the business that they're running.

Hasn't Aquilini embraced the rebuild and spent buyout money and buried contract money to help with the rebuild? I don't know what Linden and Francesco disagreed upon, but I wouldn't say Francesco doesn't care about the team.

Are we not celebrating the past heritage with games wearing the stick and rink (updated) and the skate logo? And having players from the past (including Linden) for this anniversary season?

You really don't have a clue on what's really going on.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Tiger-Hearted said:

Henrik, I agree. Markus couldn't handle the captaincy during adversity and playoff pressure. As for Luongo, he was no captain. Just a figure head with a C on his mask. Remember Chelsea Dagger in '09 & '10??

You really don't have a clue on what's really going on.

Don’t know what the latter comment was about - well read the thread, who the heck knows what FA is thinking or doing - that’s all speculation.    Agree with the first paragraph. Always thought they should have made Jovo the Captain of that team - Naslunds interviews were awful for the most part, didn’t matter if the emotions should have been high or low it was always drab and depressing - never upbeat.   His play was a different story and who knows what went on in the dressing room, but Jovo played with passion - and was a good C later in ARi. 

• Upvote 1