The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia: Treason and Plot [Game over - town win]

Rate this topic

@luckylager don't worry if you feel like you didn't play well. Being a wolf as a new player is really tough in these small games. You'll get better. It's easier said than done, but you just have to act like you aren't concerned with how you're being perceived by the villagers.

@hoggers Gg. We had a solid back and forth. You definitely wore me out, haha. I don't think you necessarily even played bad; a lot of that was beyond your control. It's almost impossible to project town when you're facing such an uphill battle to win. 

@milk and honey go tp go

2 minutes ago, Ceres said:

@luckylager don't worry if you feel like you didn't play well. Being a wolf as a new player is really tough in these small games. You'll get better. It's easier said than done, but you just have to act like you aren't concerned with how you're being perceived by the villagers.

@hoggers Gg. We had a solid back and forth. You definitely wore me out, haha. I don't think you necessarily even played bad; a lot of that was beyond your control. It's almost impossible to project town when you're facing such an uphill battle to win. 

@milk and honey go tp go

Eggplant emoji hahahaha

Bernays' vision was of a utopian society in which individuals' dangerous libidinal energies, the psychic and emotional energy associated with instinctual biological drives that Bernays viewed as inherently dangerous, could be harnessed and channeled by a corporate elite for economic benefit. Through the use of mass production, big business could fulfill the cravings of what Bernays saw as the inherently irrational and desire-driven masses, simultaneously securing the niche of a mass-production economy (even in peacetime), as well as sating what he considered to be dangerous animal urges that threatened to tear society apart if left unquelled.

Bernays touted the idea that the "masses" are driven by factors outside their conscious understanding, and therefore that their minds can and should be manipulated by the capable few. "Intelligent men must realize that propaganda is the modern instrument by which they can fight for productive ends and help to bring order out of chaos."

• Cheers 1
23 minutes ago, DarthMelvin said:

How many games this guy get as a new player lol. :lol:

Hehe. I'd say "new" as a relative term because he's playing in games where just about all the other players have played 30+ games. 

17 minutes ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

GG, thanks for hosting MR! MVP definitely TL.

I never commended you on how you handled the letter situation. It was definitely the correct play to act like you believed it, to draw out the wolves.

• Thanks 1