The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Florida Panthers | October 28th, 7:00pm PT | SNP, SN650 | 2019 Halloween Edition

Rate this topic

Roberts

Panthers @ Canucks  

245 members have voted

1. 1. Which team will win the game?

• Vancouver Canucks
    • Florida Panthers
  2. 2. How many goals will the Vancouver Canucks score?

• 1-2
    • 3-4
    • 5-6
    • 7+ :)
  3. 3. How many goals will the Florida Panthers score?

• 1-2
    • 3-4
    • 5-6
    • 7+ :(
  4. 4. Trick or treat?

• Trick!
    • Treat!

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/29/2019 at 02:00 AM

2 hours ago, theo5789 said:

The problem is if/when he does draw into the lineup, people are going microscope and nitpick every play he makes to confirm "he's done" while someone like BB or whoever could make the same mistakes or whatever and no attention will be drawn to it. The minds have been set.

there is no comparison between Loui and Brock, I am not hoping for loui to fail, but he is nowhere near how good Brock plays

Tyler Motte - a little pit bull that sniffs out pucks and keeps working and hitting until he comes up with it . Tenacious forechecking. 

And let’s replace him with L.E. ?

maybe a 3rd line roll with Sutter would be more fitting ? 

Beagle and Schaller are playing so well , Ferland should take Mottes place for a game. He’d get more ice time than he’s been getting lately. 

1 hour ago, debluvscanucks said:

I've never been a Loui basher but I think that looking for the little things he does IS overanalyzing his game.  

Anyhow...I hope he performs well for everyone's sake, but criticism is sometimes warranted.  I mean, if Ferland, Petey, Brock, Demko, etc. are the subject of that at times, Loui's got to be fair game too.  

That is the important part. It's not that player's shouldn't be criticized, it's just for some (certainly not you) want players to continue to perform poorly to continue their tirades. They will specifically count how many mistakes they've made in a game (borderline or not) and god forbid they actually make a real gaffe because then it'll be talked about to no end even 50 games later. At the end of the day, as fans/supporters, we should want what's best for the team and try to hope poor situations improve rather try to run people out of town and create controversy unnecessarily.

6 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

Tyler Motte - a little pit bull that sniffs out pucks and keeps working and hitting until he comes up with it . Tenacious forechecking. 

And let’s replace him with L.E. ?

maybe a 3rd line roll with Sutter would be more fitting ? 

Beagle and Schaller are playing so well , Ferland should take Mottes place for a game. He’d get more ice time than he’s been getting lately. 

It's too bad our farm team is so friggin' far away and difficult to bring guys up from.  If we had the Comets on the west coast, Hockey Gaud would be playing tonight.  

This is an ownership/management issue that (if factored into the whole season) might cost us a few games.  How many points could we estimate?  2 to 6 points?  That's a lot, when considering how close the playoff races are now.  

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Alflives said:

It's too bad our farm team is so friggin' far away and difficult to bring guys up from.  If we had the Comets on the west coast, Hockey Gaud would be playing tonight.  

This is an ownership/management issue that (if factored into the whole season) might cost us a few games.  How many points could we estimate?  2 to 6 points?  That's a lot, when considering how close the playoff races are now.  

Not sure they want Gaudette playing - he has only 15 more games before he is waiver eligible.  They seem to think he needs more development time.  

54 minutes ago, ItTakesAnArmy said:

Another tired and should be, easy opponent.

Should be able to put this one in the bank.

Canucks have such an easy and favorable schedule.

If the Canucks win, it's because of every other factor other than the Canucks being a decent team. If the Canucks lose, fire everyone and trade everyone.

Sure Franchesca Ramsey GIF by chescaleigh

• Cheers 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bree2 said:

there is no comparison between Loui and Brock, I am not hoping for loui to fail, but he is nowhere near how good Brock plays

I'm saying there are different standards for each player. If LE coughs up the puck in the neutral zone and if BB makes that same mistake, I guarantee one gets blown out of proportion more than the other. People will remember LE's mistake games later, but will have no memory of BB making that same mistake. Just because Brock is the better player doesn't dismiss that mistake if we will go on and on about it for LE.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Conscience said:

Why call up gaudette to stick him in the press box, let him get settled in utica

NHL salary vs AHL salary. He's earned the NHL salary from camp. I'm sure if Gaudette prefers to stay in Utica for his development, he would ask for it. He's not complaining. He's hopefully analyzing NHL action with the idea that he needs to play a strong defensive game, so watching someone like Sutter and Beagle (and Horvat) do their things will be beneficial to him. It is beneficial for the Canucks to not get him into waiver territory too early either just in case.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

NHL salary vs AHL salary. He's earned the NHL salary from camp. I'm sure if Gaudette prefers to stay in Utica for his development, he would ask for it. He's not complaining. He's hopefully analyzing NHL action with the idea that he needs to play a strong defensive game, so watching someone like Sutter and Beagle (and Horvat) do their things will be beneficial to him. It is beneficial for the Canucks to not get him into waiver territory too early either just in case.

Then why was he sent down in the first place, an extra week up here is not going to make a difference, Im sure he isn’t hurting for money either. 

• Cheers 1