The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The DumbBrexit / #Wexit thread

JM_

Just now, Warhippy said:

Nothing you've just claimed is remotely true at all 

Just a bunch of lying and victim noises.

Pathetic.

Lies???? Really?

And victim? Cause I wished we got more out of oil so we could have

strengthen other industries so when the time came we would have the jobs to make up the slack and I never said that the industries had to move to alberta......

I don't give a hoot about Alberta but I care about jobs and how our government didn't plan jack....... it's up to government to bring in new industries with tax breaks and so on but JT dropped the ball big time imo  

2 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Lies???? Really?

strengthen other industries so when the time came we would have the jobs to make up the slack and I never said that the industries had to move to alberta......

I don't give a hoot about Alberta but I care about jobs and how our government didn't plan jack....... it's up to government to bring in new industries with tax breaks and so on but JT dropped the ball big time imo  

so wouldn't that mean we should be diversifying away from oil? 

50 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Lies???? Really?

Ya lies.  Yes victim

World markets tanked in 2014 to start.  Coinciding with increased US and OPEC production.  World supply and holding dried up to start 2015 exacerbating a price issue.  

THAT was prior to the NDP or Trudeau.  These issues only continued over the last 5 years with the culmination of a price war from March through June in 2020 where oil futures were essentially trade at negative value.  NONE of that is the fault of any leader in canada and in fact has everything to do with the current market period.  You cannot ask, expect or demand companies develop towards negative return.  your current Alberta UCP is showing that after burning over $14 billion in tax dollars to subsidize and socialize corporate losses which have done nothing to stem the bleeding

You WISH you could have gotten more out of oil?  Maybe 50 years of terrible provincial leadership should be your focus.  Klein bucks for all.  Highest paid MLAs in the nation.  Best provincial pension for politicians in North America.  Lowest rates of royalties among any oil producing area of the world.  Subsidization of oil and gas in Canada has been over the $9 billion mark for over a decade.  You don't get to piss through your only resource for nil return then blame someone else for it like you're doing.

You're blaming almost 50 years of terrible provincial asset management and malfeasance on a guy who's barely been in power for 5 years.  Who has actually doubled transfers to Alberta, has in fact spent more on social issues in Alberta due to the economic downturn than your own provincial government has over the past 2 years.  Seriously man.

Yes victim.  Yes lies.  We've been through this dozens of times yet you still parrot the same points without any actual shred of evidence to back you up that it is all trudeau's fault.  Produce some and we can start at a place of discussion.  Otherwise it's your word vs the facts

Edited by Warhippy
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

29 minutes ago, Robert Long said:

wow 2 months. 

Be honest, if Harper had bought TMX to push it through you would have been pleased. 

No I would be pissed... Government money shouldn't be used for oil unless in a buy out in imo there's better places to spend tax payers money 

Just now, RowdyCanuck said:

No I would be pissed... Government money shouldn't be used for oil unless in a buy out in imo there's better places to spend tax payers money 

I don't believe you. Sorry. 

Even if your 16 billion number is correct, that still means 30 billion in revenue for gov't over its life time. You would be applauding Harper on this. 

33 minutes ago, Robert Long said:

so wouldn't that mean we should be diversifying away from oil? 

Yes but it's up to the government to play the hand it has not the hand it wants and oil is still a big part of that hand cause of stupid JT......

also I never said the diversity had to happen in Alberta .....jobs are jobs.....I don't care where they are , just that there 

34 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Ya lies.  Yes victim

World markets tanked in 2014 to start.  Coinciding with increased US and OPEC production.  World supply and holding dried up to start 2015 exacerbating a price issue.  

THAT was prior to the NDP or Trudeau.  These issues only continued over the last 5 years with the culmination of a price war from March through June in 2020 where oil futures were essentially trade at negative value.  NONE of that is the fault of any leader in canada and in fact has everything to do with the current market period.  You cannot ask, expect or demand companies develop towards negative return.  your current Alberta UCP is showing that after burning over 414 billion in tax dollars to subsidize and socialize corporate losses which have done nothing to stem the bleeding

You WISH you could have gotten more out of oil?  Maybe 50 years of terrible provincial leadership should be your focus.  Klein bucks for all.  Highest paid MLAs in the nation.  Best provincial pension for politicians in North America.  Lowest rates of royalties among any oil producing area of the world.  Subsidization of oil and gas in Canada has been over the $9 billion mark for over a decade.  You don't get to piss through your only resource for nil return then blame someone else for it like you're doing.

You're blaming almost 50 years of terrible provincial asset management and malfeasance on a guy who's barely been in power for 5 years.  Who has actually doubled transfers to Alberta, has in fact spent more on social issues in Alberta due to the economic downturn than your own provincial government has over the past 2 years.  Seriously man.

Yes victim.  Yes lies.  We've been through this dozens of times yet you still parrot the same points without any actual shred of evidence to back you up that it is all trudeau's fault.  Produce some and we can start at a place of discussion.  Otherwise it's your word vs the facts

https://calgaryherald.com/opinion/columnists/opinion-liberals-have-taken-action-action-against-our-energy-sector/

12 minutes ago, Robert Long said:

I don't believe you. Sorry. 

Even if your 16 billion number is correct, that still means 30 billion in revenue for gov't over its life time. You would be applauding Harper on this. 

Why? I haven't changed my tune at all, I'm for jobs and for a strong Canada period. Oil isn't just Alberta 

2 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Why? I haven't changed my tune at all, I'm for jobs and for a strong Canada period. Oil isn't just Alberta 

because you're so heavily invested in hating all things Trudeau. I think you've bought in hook line and sinker into the idea that TMX will always be "bad" because it wasn't private money, therefore its so impossible for a CPC supporter today to give any credit to Trudeau. 

But the fact is, TMX will likely be the one and only pipeline to the coast. And you can thank Trudeau for that. Even though you can't bring yourself to do that. 

Edited by Robert Long

10 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Opinion column from Shannon Stubbs of Lakeland AB circa 2018 leading up to a general national election.....

That's totally credible and absolutely makes a complete mockery of what the world markets and production/automation and divestment of holdings have shown is happening.  Thank god for that brilliant piece of investigative work

Edited by Warhippy
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Robert Long said:

because you're so heavily invested in hating all things Trudeau. I think you've bought in hook line and sinker into the idea that TMX will always be "bad" because it wasn't private money, therefore its so impossible for a CPC supporter today to give any credit to Trudeau. 

But the fact is, TMX will likely be the one and only pipeline to the coast. And you can thank Trudeau for that. Even though you can't bring yourself to do that. 

Tmx will always be bad imo cause it was built to late....... 

Also I don't like JT cause his a joke , if trump did what he has done , he would have been gone.

You want me to thank JT for messing up so bad that he scared off foreign investors and pretty much forced Canada to buy it lol 

3 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Also I don't like JT cause his a joke , if trump did what he has done , he would have been gone.

You want me to thank JT for messing up so bad that he scared off foreign investors and pretty much forced Canada to buy it lol 

Seriously? :huh: Did you actually type that with a straight face? :blink:

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Because this whole statement screams "knowledgeable about the subject"

1 hour ago, RowdyCanuck said:

built too late for what? 

6 hours ago, Robert Long said:

built too late for what? 

Built too late to cash in.  Except, the government that should receive his ire had a lot of Albertan MPs in positions of power.  So we know that doesn't describe the Liberals, so that leaves you know who.  Pretty sure he won't admit to this.

• Cheers 1

16 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Seriously? :huh: Did you actually type that with a straight face? :blink:

Yup , if trump had a we scandal , for his hat trick then yes trump would have been booted out but JT just continues to walk free......so yes our PM has shown his corrupt but we don't do jack......

9 hours ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Built too late to cash in.  Except, the government that should receive his ire had a lot of Albertan MPs in positions of power.  So we know that doesn't describe the Liberals, so that leaves you know who.  Pretty sure he won't admit to this.

Hey now it was the government lack of action , also if JT would have did what he was suppose too, b.c would have fallen in line and would have put the Canadian economy first instead of this stupid idea of how oil is just Alberta......

5 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Yup , if trump had a we scandal , for his hat trick then yes trump would have been booted out but JT just continues to walk free......so yes our PM has shown his corrupt but we don't do jack......

:lol: Unbelievable.....

Trump extorted a foreign government to try and ensure his own re-election. He was also forced to shut down his own charity, because he was using the money for himself and they still couldn't get rid of him....:picard:

Hey Rowdy, check this out:

https://ag.ny.gov/press-release/2019/donald-j-trump-pays-court-ordered-2-million-illegally-using-trump-foundation

Donald J. Trump Pays Court-Ordered $2 Million For Illegally Using Trump Foundation Funds 

Trump Ordered to Pay Eight Separate Charities $250,000 Each

Remaining $1.8 Million in Trump Foundation Bank Account Disbursed Among Charities

NEW YORK – New York Attorney General Letitia James today released the following statement after Donald J. Trump was forced to pay more than $2 million in court-ordered damages to eight different charities for illegally misusing charitable funds at the Trump Foundation for political purposes:

“Not only has the Trump Foundation shut down for its misconduct, but the president has been forced to pay $2 million for misusing charitable funds for his own political gain. Charities are not a means to an end, which is why these damages speak to the president’s abuse of power and represent a victory for not-for-profits that follow the law. Funds have finally gone where they deserve — to eight credible charities. My office will continue to fight for accountability because no one is above the law — not a businessman, not a candidate for office, and not even the president of the United States.”

As part of a resolution of the lawsuit announced on November 7th, Trump was ordered to pay $2 million, or $250,000, a piece to eight different charities. Those charities are Army Emergency Relief, the Children’s Aid Society, Citymeals-on-Wheels, Give an Hour, Martha’s Table, the United Negro College Fund, the United Way of National Capital Area, and the U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum. Additionally, Trump was forced to reimburse his namesake foundation $11,525 for sports paraphernalia and champagne purchased at a charity gala, which was added to $1,797,598.30 already in the foundation’s bank account. The combined $1,809,123.30 was split evenly and recently transferred to the eight agreed upon charities. Each charity ended up receiving a total of $476,140.41.

Additionally, as part of the settlement, Trump was required to agree to 19 admissions, acknowledging his personal misuse of funds at the Trump Foundation, and agreed to restrictions on future charitable service and ongoing reporting to the Office of the Attorney General, in the event he creates a new charity. The settlement also included mandatory training requirements for Donald Trump Jr., Ivanka Trump, and Eric Trump, which the three children have already undergone. Finally, the settlement required the Trump Foundation to shutter its doors last December and dissolve under court supervision.

Trudeau's involvement with WE comes nowhere near this level of corruption.....:rolleyes: