The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Adam Lowry suspended 2 games

Rate this topic

3 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

Disagree, Kylington had his back to Lowry the whole time and there was 5 seconds left in the period when Kylington had the puck and 2 seconds when he was hit. 100% unnecessary and 100% on Lowry. 

Unnecessary, maybe, but he did see him coming at 1:14-1:15 he looks over his shoulder then turns towards the boards more. There should be more onus on the guy with the puck protecting himself. Not saying it wasn't dirty, but. . .

20 hours ago, Alflives said:

I understand the suspension, but the guy getting hit has to be responsible too.  Too many players are coached to shield the puck like it's a soccer ball. Lowery is a big guy, and Kylington is tiny.  The result is going to be an injured tiny guy.  

That's putting a lot of faith in your fellow players/opponents. You say they are coached to shield the puck. But there is nothing wrong with that, especially when you know you are supposedly safe from being decked from behind. The same premise is held for drivers. if you rear end a person. You are at fault, as you have the best visual of what is to come. The player moving forward is responsible for his actions. 

I can understand that you like to give us views on alternate aspects on a lot of opinions and subjects, but this is far from the tiny players fault or shared fault. 

21 minutes ago, DarthMelvin said:

That's putting a lot of faith in your fellow players/opponents. You say they are coached to shield the puck. But there is nothing wrong with that, especially when you know you are supposedly safe from being decked from behind. The same premise is held for drivers. if you rear end a person. You are at fault, as you have the best visual of what is to come. The player moving forward is responsible for his actions. 

I can understand that you like to give us views on alternate aspects on a lot of opinions and subjects, but this is far from the tiny players fault or shared fault. 

Kylington took a peek to see who was coming, because he knows someone will be.  He then turns his back to protect the puck.  The result was him getting crush popped.  He needs to man up there and take the hit on the shoulder, like happens dozens of times to D men every game.  This is what happens to smaller D men.  That's why large D, like the guys in St. Louis, are so good in the rough and tumble play of the playoffs.  To be a successful D man and be smaller, and guy needs elite skating, skill, and especially hockey IQ.  That's guys like Keith (:sick:) and now Quinn Hughes.  I think Stecher does a really good job of thinking the game too.  All guys eventually make mistakes and get crushed.  Smaller guys like Kylington end up getting popped too.  

In all honesty, I hate the Flames and will never take their side in any discussion, so (of course) I am very biased here.  

41 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Kylington took a peek to see who was coming, because he knows someone will be.  He then turns his back to protect the puck.  The result was him getting crush popped.  He needs to man up there and take the hit on the shoulder, like happens dozens of times to D men every game.  This is what happens to smaller D men.  That's why large D, like the guys in St. Louis, are so good in the rough and tumble play of the playoffs.  To be a successful D man and be smaller, and guy needs elite skating, skill, and especially hockey IQ.  That's guys like Keith (:sick:) and now Quinn Hughes.  I think Stecher does a really good job of thinking the game too.  All guys eventually make mistakes and get crushed.  Smaller guys like Kylington end up getting popped too.  

In all honesty, I hate the Flames and will never take their side in any discussion, so (of course) I am very biased here.  

While he does peek to see him coming. It would be a players initial thought to say that opponent is coming for the puck, so he must protect it. He is not expecting to get crushed from behind. Especially in this era of the game where these its are career ending hits and are very avoidable, meaning the players that do these hits, very well know they are doing them.  And to say he needs to man up is very small minded. To man up and take hit is one thing. To be a man and not end a career purposely because the opportunity is there, that's another.