The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dear Mr. Eriksson

Rate this topic

Johnny Torts

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

Because you don't put AHL trash on the 2nd line.  LE has played like absolute trash, isn't working hard, and you want to reward him for his absolutely disgraceful performance with a promotion?

who you think should play with Horvat since that line isn’t clicking

Pearson is trash too, he hasn’t done much either

Edited by teepain

9 minutes ago, teepain said:

who you think should play with Horvat since that line isn’t clicking

Pearson is trash too, he hasn’t done much either

Baer or Gaud.  Pearson isn't lighting the world on fire but at least he's a legit NHLer and is trying unlike our $6 million piece of garbage.

• Thanks 1

it looks like he forgot how to skate. Hes always reaching for pucks instead of skating the extra foot. I think he might be lazy, maybe just wants to go un-injured for the rest of his career and retire healthy. Who knows, i do know if u want him to succeed he should probably be on a scoring line.

3 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Because you don't put AHL trash on the 2nd line

*Cough cough* Leivo *cough cough*

Look at his stats. The Canucks are the first NHL team to play him a significant number of games and he's been around for a while, just mostly in the AHL. Though he is a $1.5m player unlike Louie so there's that.

13 minutes ago, CptCanuck16 said:

Look at his stats. The Canucks are the first NHL team to play him a significant number of games and he's been around for a while, just mostly in the AHL. Though he is a $1.5m player unlike Louie so there's that.

Leivo at least works hard, doesn't complain about his role, and isn't a coward.  He's not a legit 2nd liner, but he's far more deserving of an NHL roster spot than LE.  Leivo fits on the 4th line; Eriksson can't score enough for the 2nd line and is far too lazy for the 3rd or 4th lines.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

They say attitude is everything,.  

As a fan of hockey I look for that first in a player,  even if he is on the opposing team.

If you don’t have an attitude, or an ethic as a player,  your not going to stay in the best league in the world.

Even if Eriksson “looks” like the fittest player in the world.. I do not see his attitude,.   I do not see his stamina,.  Stamina gives you strengths.

His attitude is gone,.  his drive and stamina gone with it..   and any strengths skills wise, or physically, have turned to stone.

He should be embarrassed to be collecting what he does for nothing, but he’s not.    I think that says it all.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

On 10/28/2019 at 8:22 PM, CanuckGAME said:

The constant threads and posts on CDC bother me more than Louie's actual play to be honest.

What's more likely to happen by year 6 of his contract? 

A - He regains his scoring touch

B - Fans learn how to spell his name correctly

Edited by VIC_CITY
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, CptCanuck16 said:

You do realize every player in NHL history has had a "1st team that played them in significant games", right?

Leivo is a depth piece that makes $1.5M on a 1 year deal. What do you expect out of him? He's on pace for what, 35 points?

Edited by VIC_CITY
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, VIC_CITY said:

You do realize every player in NHL history has had a "1st team that played them in significant games", right?

Leivo is a depth piece that makes $1.5M on a 1 year deal. What do you expect out of him? He's on pace for what, 35 points?

All I'm saying is he made his NHL debut in the 2013-14 season and has seen no significant NHL playing time until last season with the Canucks. Meaning he wasn't good enough to make the big squad in TO permanently. He's fine as a $1.5m bottom six guy but he doesn't belong on the PP or out in OT. I will give him credit for that nifty SO goal he had that won it for Van. That was a slick move. But the post I was originally replying to said "you don't put AHL trash on the 2nd line" referring to Loui. So I was merely pointing out that Leivo is basically an AHL player and he was in fact playing up with Horvat for a time last night in the Peg.

If he gets 35 points this season I'll eat a Canucks jersey. That's how confident I am that it won't happen. 20 maybe, but certainly not 30+. His PP line would actually have to score some goals for that to happen.

Edited by CptCanuck16

On 10/28/2019 at 7:58 PM, Johnny Torts said:

Dear Mr. Eriksson,

I know you have had a rough go in Vancouver. It’s been a very rough few years, and the few games you got to play with our retired Sedins did not work out. OK. There was a season where you had 3 hits. Honestly I don’t know if that’s on purpose because you are stuck checking, or if your just lazy. Your physique doesn’t tell me you are lazy. Neither does your work ethic. 

Is it us? 

Have we not used you the way you are supposed to be used? 

This organization has not only invested financially in you, but we have a lot of CAP SPACE tied in you. I sure hope they have analyzed your strengths and weaknesses and they constantly are trying to make you a better player and fit into our roster. 

Nothing would make me happier than Loui tucking one. Idgaf how much money he’s making. I only care about cap space. I’m a Canucks fan.

This guys hurting. I wish him all the best. I hope he’s being researched, analyzed constantly because we DO have cap space tied into him. 

He’s played with the retiring Twins, or the “developing” Bo. After that, it’s been checking lines for him.

I don’t think he’s been given a fair shake for his track record. 

Now that we have a good team, he should do decently on a GOOD 3rd-4th line. If he cracks the roster.

I hope he shows us who he really is because he isn’t just a fkn scrub like ppl think ffs. He’s not. This is his chance to show us. Show us Loui.

OMG !!!!   Let me get the violins out and cry me a river - why don't you!  Are you kidding me.   This Guy is a good for nothing parasite that was a screw up from the moment he hit the ice with this team when  he scored on his own net.   I was at that game and never heard so many gasp in my years.   Ever since, he has walked with his tail between his legs and lost his own self respect.  He is shadow of his former self and should have never been brought into this franchise.  His signing was an act of desperation by Aqua-lini to try to salvage the last of the fan base while the team was in serious decline. It was, has been, and is, a total disaster and the sooner we get rid of this overpaid underutilized relic that is boat anchor on the new faster canucks team  - the better. 

I stated late last year and before the season started that he should not be allowed to set foot in the locker room and stand firmly behind that.  He is a bad example for the younger players showing them that mediocrity is tolerated and you as a fan, should be outraged at this freeloader showing his face on the ice.   It's tolerance like yours that allowed the owners & management of this franchise to procrastinate in talking urgently needed decisive action to right the ship - immediately.   Enough said!  

22 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

OMG !!!!   Let me get the violins out and cry me a river - why don't you!  Are you kidding me.   This Guy is a good for nothing parasite that was a screw up from the moment he hit the ice with this team when  he scored on his own net.   I was at that game and never heard so many gasp in my years.   Ever since, he has walked with his tail between his legs and lost his own self respect.  He is shadow of his former self and should have never been brought into this franchise.  His signing was an act of desperation by Aqua-lini to try to salvage the last of the fan base while the team was in serious decline. It was, has been, and is, a total disaster and the sooner we get rid of this overpaid underutilized relic that is boat anchor on the new faster canucks team  - the better. 

I stated late last year and before the season started that he should not be allowed to set foot in the locker room and stand firmly behind that.  He is a bad example for the younger players showing them that mediocrity is tolerated and you as a fan, should be outraged at this freeloader showing his face on the ice.   It's tolerance like yours that allowed the owners & management of this franchise to procrastinate in talking urgently needed decisive action to right the ship - immediately.   Enough said!  

Come on man, don't sugar coat your words. Tell us how you really feel!

There WAS something good to come out of your post though - for a second, when you said he shouldn't be allowed to set foot in the locker room, I got this hilarious mental image of Loui coming to the rink and the rest of the team standing in front of the locker room to bar him from entry. And then when you said "showing his face on the ice", I was imagining him playing in a blank jersey with a paper bag mask.

Thanks for the chuckles!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BrockBoester said:

Come on man, don't sugar coat your words. Tell us how you really feel!

There WAS something good to come out of your post though - for a second, when you said he shouldn't be allowed to set foot in the locker room, I got this hilarious mental image of Loui coming to the rink and the rest of the team standing in front of the locker room to bar him from entry. And then when you said "showing his face on the ice", I was imagining him playing in a blank jersey with a paper bag mask.

Thanks for the chuckles!

You're a mind reader !    Thanks................

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Leivo at least works hard, doesn't complain about his role, and isn't a coward.  He's not a legit 2nd liner, but he's far more deserving of an NHL roster spot than LE.  Leivo fits on the 4th line; Eriksson can't score enough for the 2nd line and is far too lazy for the 3rd or 4th lines.

Loui still is better on 2nd line because he makes room for Pearson and Horvat. Leivo work so hard that he gets in the way and mess up instead. Work hard, 4th line, creative 2nd line... Easy. 

• Haha 1

We were playing poker last night when one of my buddies mentioned he thinks Loui drives the Lambo SUV.  We then mentioned how much of an overpriced waste of money that vehicle is, kind of like Loui's contract.

Somehow this guy manages to be a ghost and an anchor and we're supposed to 'support him' and not say anything negative about his play.  Yeah $#%&ing right lol.  What a colossal waste of cap space.  He should do the honorable thing and void his contact, he's scammed enough money from the organization.  

Oops too negative?  Dude has more donuts on his stat line than Krispy Kreme.  Nice bank account though.

• Thanks 1

On 10/28/2019 at 7:58 PM, Johnny Torts said:

Dear Mr. Eriksson,

I know you have had a rough go in Vancouver. It’s been a very rough few years, and the few games you got to play with our retired Sedins did not work out. OK. There was a season where you had 3 hits. Honestly I don’t know if that’s on purpose because you are stuck checking, or if your just lazy. Your physique doesn’t tell me you are lazy. Neither does your work ethic. 

Is it us? 

Have we not used you the way you are supposed to be used? 

This organization has not only invested financially in you, but we have a lot of CAP SPACE tied in you. I sure hope they have analyzed your strengths and weaknesses and they constantly are trying to make you a better player and fit into our roster. 

Nothing would make me happier than Loui tucking one. Idgaf how much money he’s making. I only care about cap space. I’m a Canucks fan.

This guys hurting. I wish him all the best. I hope he’s being researched, analyzed constantly because we DO have cap space tied into him. 

He’s played with the retiring Twins, or the “developing” Bo. After that, it’s been checking lines for him.

I don’t think he’s been given a fair shake for his track record. 

Now that we have a good team, he should do decently on a GOOD 3rd-4th line. If he cracks the roster.

I hope he shows us who he really is because he isn’t just a fkn scrub like ppl think ffs. He’s not. This is his chance to show us. Show us Loui.

OMG. 

His work ethic tells you that he's NOT lazy? How many hits has he had again? How many points?

That we (management) is at fault for not using him the way he is "supposed to be used"?  Please do tell how is he suppose to be used? He's had way more time to play in the top six than any other player putting the same points up, mostly because of his cap hit. But please....if its not clear to you now that the LE experiment is over, I don't know what else to say. Other than there is a word for trying the same thing over and over and expecting different results

"The guys hurting"?  How can you say that about a guy that just scooped 27 million from the owner for a mediocre 3 seasons so far. @ 32 goals, its almost a million dollars a goal. That's obscene. He's hurting? 

Not been given a "fair shake for his track record"?

What track record? His Boston track record? He doesn't play for the Bruins. He plays for the Canucks. Three + seasons here should be enough of a track record to re-evaluate him don't you think?

This is a killer: "Now that we have a good team, he should do decently on a GOOD 3rd-4th line."  No no no. Why, logically can you surmise that because we have improved the rest of the team, it means he automatically must be better too? By osmosis? 

Finally, "you hope he shows us who he really is"?  Poor Louie, never even given a shot here. Someday maybe Louie will actually have the opportunity to show us who he really is.  He's just waiting for the exact right moment, then he'll show us....you just wait!   

I hate any influence he may have had on Pettersson. Although I don't think it will affect Petey much this early. But Eriksson is a walking example to his fellow Swedes and Europeans. Come to NA, put in two or three decent years, in order to get your big payout in FA, then sit back and wait til your contract is done.

Okay now I feel bad.  In Louie's defence, look obviously the guy had a huge collapse in his game, which all players do, and that can't be fun, I feel for any athlete that has to go through that. But it was just at the worst time for the Canucks....just after we signed him to a NT 6 x 6 contract.  It can't be much fun playing anymore under these conditions. Do the right thing and retire. Surely 27 million is more than enough to soothe his bruised ego. And he could still be picked up by another team or play in Sweden. And not have fans and message boards on his case.