The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who else is DONE with Jakes 3 year tryout - Read just the title and leave a downvote edition

Rate this topic

Johnny Torts

28 minutes ago, BlueDragon23 said:

Petey has 14 points in 11 games and you are saying he’s tired of being overcoached? 

... wut? :huh:

He’s not tired of that but maybe he’s tired of not being able to use his skills? Thanks for ur dumb input gosh I didn’t think he had 14 point In 11 games wow omg really?? Ffs. 

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1

1 minute ago, Johnny Torts said:

Read the whole OP

You’re right I did stop reading at the Pettersson thing with the coach cause I don’t buy it.

But after reading it again I understand what you mean about Virtanen. He’s one of my favourite players and I’d love nothing more than for him to play second line with Horvat for the rest of the year. Cheers 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

done?  most of us have determined he will never be a top 6 guy and happy with him being a solid 3rd line winger.  Sure he will probably never light it up like ehlers, but he sure as heck doing better then Haydn Fleury or Michael Dal Cole. 

Please read the &^@#ing post 

• Haha 1

Just now, Devron44 said:

You’re right I did stop reading at the Pettersson thing with the coach cause I don’t buy it.

But after reading it again I understand what you mean about Virtanen. He’s one of my favourite players and I’d love nothing more than for him to play second line with Horvat for the rest of the year. Cheers 

Thank you 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Johnny Torts said:

He’s not tired of that but maybe he’s tired of not being able to use his skills? Thanks for ur dumb input gosh I didn’t think he had 14 point In 11 games wow omg really?? Ffs. 

Okay then... I will cease arguing because there is clearly no point in prolonging this stupid thread.

38 minutes ago, Johnny Torts said:

Not talking about huge changes. Read the whole OP

I honestly tried and I cannot. My eyes do that thing you know when you hold something too close to your eyes

the object blurs and loses focus... I get that when i try to read the post.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Johnny Torts said:

Who thought Ferland would play every game like the flames - nucks playoff series? 

It’s something that he has in his toolbox, and he will grab that tool when needed.

He has hands, and he can tuck a few as we’ve seen. But he has had EVERY opportunity to do so.

He hasn’t been whipped around a third fourth or scratch pairing constantly like our hometown boy Jake. Maybe he has &^@# idk. 

JV has earned his spot as a PF on this roster. FFS STOP MIND&^@#ING BO, give him another consistent line mate as well.

Jake has nights where he looks like a scorer, where he looks like a hitter, and when he looks like a defender. 

I will bet my NUTS that this “tamed” (defensive / stick checking ) Jake is based on what he’s asked to do, which is OK. But why ask him to do something he wasn’t drafted for? When he hits / is hard on the puck, and shoots, he is effective. Why change or coach him out of that? 

I’m sure Petey has almost had enough of being over coached and his creativity being under utilized. 

Im torn. We are doing great, but I know these little things do matter. 

Anybody EDUCATED knows what Ferland is bringing to the team.

Everyone else can YouTube the Matthews headshot from a few days ago.

Jake is the same as we know but hasn’t gotten the lengthy looks with top guys.

Thanks for reading everyone and to those who did, how many points could JV put up alongside Pettersson? 

Note: I do not want a line up change, this is a question, projection of where JV could be based on the opportunities that Ferland got.

Note 2: That’s not a knock on Ferland I love that guy too. 

Cheers.

Boards are getting scarce for good topics hey? 

Edited by iceman64
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Johnny Torts said:

Who thought Ferland would play every game like the flames - nucks playoff series? 

It’s something that he has in his toolbox, and he will grab that tool when needed.

He has hands, and he can tuck a few as we’ve seen. But he has had EVERY opportunity to do so.

He hasn’t been whipped around a third fourth or scratch pairing constantly like our hometown boy Jake. Maybe he has &^@# idk. 

JV has earned his spot as a PF on this roster. FFS STOP MIND&^@#ING BO, give him another consistent line mate as well.

Jake has nights where he looks like a scorer, where he looks like a hitter, and when he looks like a defender. 

I will bet my NUTS that this “tamed” (defensive / stick checking ) Jake is based on what he’s asked to do, which is OK. But why ask him to do something he wasn’t drafted for? When he hits / is hard on the puck, and shoots, he is effective. Why change or coach him out of that? 

I’m sure Petey has almost had enough of being over coached and his creativity being under utilized. 

Im torn. We are doing great, but I know these little things do matter. 

Anybody EDUCATED knows what Ferland is bringing to the team.

Everyone else can YouTube the Matthews headshot from a few days ago.

Jake is the same as we know but hasn’t gotten the lengthy looks with top guys.

Thanks for reading everyone and to those who did, how many points could JV put up alongside Pettersson? 

Note: I do not want a line up change, this is a question, projection of where JV could be based on the opportunities that Ferland got.

Note 2: That’s not a knock on Ferland I love that guy too. 

Cheers.

Are you drunk? Serious question.

Personally I'd like to see Jake hit the 10 goal mark by halfway through this season. That's my goal for him, lol. If he finishes with more than 40 points I would consider it a breakout year and support giving him more playing time/ top six minutes. If he can't break 40 then he isn't ready for that purely offensive role yet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BrockBoester said:

Ol Torts is into the sauce again.

Mods, in my view, this is clearly a thread lacking substance and is obviously a troll attempt.

Lock him up along with this thread and throw away the key for both.

It's only fair, right?

For pain and suffering of us posters, please mods.

• Cheers 1

Ok - Torts clearly a lot of the response didn’t “read the entire OP ffs!”.   I did and got it.   On EP don’t think the style of play has nearly as much to do with TG as the influence Miller is having on him (and BB).  Last night against a good team, they played pucks in along the boards, rushed to get them, and kept them hemmed in like it was a PP for minutes on end a few times - no way last year EP was strong enough to win those battles, and it ended up creating quite a few  grade A scoring chances (some great saves - BB in the slot twice right infront - could have easily have been 11-2 if those saves and two breakaways weren’t stopped). 

Article on Miller explains this - both BB and EP are adding to their toolboxes and learning the cycling game as well as the board game.   Seeing EP out muscle these guys has my giddy about our future when he gets man strength. 

EPs now at the same PPG he was at the end of Dec before he dried up more or less.

As far as JV goes - let’s hope he’s finally arrived.   His defensive game needed a lot of work when he came in....TG also took the entitlement out and made him earn his spot (Horvat had to too).   Don’t have a problem with this.   Ferland is a proven vet who put his time in on other teams - no slight on JV by trying him out in the top six.   JVs had streaky moments before - I’m still optimistic he will break out and maybe this is exactly what he’s doing .... if so we are going to win some series with what else is happening on this team right now (awesome fourth line, good third line, balanced defense, Eagle playing the best hockey of his career, Myers looking like a bona-fide second, Hughes.  Hughes.   Goaltending etc.   

Had to check - the last time we scored this many goals in three games was Dec 2011.    

JV holds the majority of the responsibilities for how his career is gone, he’s had chances before in the top six but wasn’t ready for it.   Maybe he is finally ....