The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who else is DONE with Jakes 3 year tryout - Read just the title and leave a downvote edition

Rate this topic

Johnny Torts

5 hours ago, BrockBoester said:

Ol Torts is into the sauce again.

Mods, in my view, this is clearly a thread lacking substance and is obviously a troll attempt.

Lock him up along with this thread and throw away the key for both.

It's only fair, right?

It wasn’t that bad - he’s just complaining a bit about JV, we’ve all done it at some point- as we all hope he will break out.  He’s better this year and earned a tryout spot playing with Horvat.  It’s working ... then again as far as “sauce induced” threads go you’d know right?  Ha ha.  Sorry couldn’t help myself - like your threads they make me laugh - Tree for C right?

• Haha 2

Hey Torts, buddy sit this one out, I dont think they got it...  

I didn't get it either.  

But if you meant to say that Jake has finally arrived and is able to play with the reigns lose, then I have say....

HELL YES!  

I think he looks great with Bo.   They have always had chemistry.  I think the issue was and could be again, is that Jake really had to learn it the hard way.  

He has become a much smarter player and slowly has become more consistent.  He also started the season in the dog house.  

If Jake can keep producing and not lose sight of his responsibilities on the ice, he will stay put.  He will also be able to lay out bigger hits as he will be pressuring the defence with more O zone time.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Johnny Torts said:

Who thought Ferland would play every game like the flames - nucks playoff series? 

It’s something that he has in his toolbox, and he will grab that tool when needed.

He has hands, and he can tuck a few as we’ve seen. But he has had EVERY opportunity to do so.

He hasn’t been whipped around a third fourth or scratch pairing constantly like our hometown boy Jake. Maybe he has &^@# idk. 

JV has earned his spot as a PF on this roster. FFS STOP MIND&^@#ING BO, give him another consistent line mate as well.

Jake has nights where he looks like a scorer, where he looks like a hitter, and when he looks like a defender. 

I will bet my NUTS that this “tamed” (defensive / stick checking ) Jake is based on what he’s asked to do, which is OK. But why ask him to do something he wasn’t drafted for? When he hits / is hard on the puck, and shoots, he is effective. Why change or coach him out of that? 

I’m sure Petey has almost had enough of being over coached and his creativity being under utilized. 

Im torn. We are doing great, but I know these little things do matter. 

Anybody EDUCATED knows what Ferland is bringing to the team.

Everyone else can YouTube the Matthews headshot from a few days ago.

Jake is the same as we know but hasn’t gotten the lengthy looks with top guys.

Thanks for reading everyone and to those who did, how many points could JV put up alongside Pettersson? 

Note: I do not want a line up change, this is a question, projection of where JV could be based on the opportunities that Ferland got.

Note 2: That’s not a knock on Ferland I love that guy too. 

Cheers.

more plot twists than an episode of Friends...

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, LowerMainLander18 said:

I think this forum needs to add a function where if posters get enough downvotes/ warnings, he/she should be suspended from posting for a certain amount of time. 

Otherwise, posts like the "Green crippling EP's development" or posts like this one will keep coming up.

Nah wheres the fun in that.   The best part of the CDC is how fickle it can be, if we lose the next three games the pitchforks will be out in force, if we win them then I will definitely overreact and threads of best team ever and TG for coach of the year, more JB threads and secret genius, Edler for Norris will appear.   EP for Hart too.  And that’s ok.    I agree that thread you talked about was short-sighted...karma helped with his three point night - now he’s back to the same PPG he had after December last year.   Made some anti-Leivo posts a week or so ago and then he scored one of the best shoot-out goals I’ve ever seen from this team - and of course keeps getting points (Karma’s a B).   Watch JV go on a tear now after this thread.  

If the CDC ever becomes a cheerleading forum exclusively - because of this suggestion - I’m out.   The Gaurdian was banned for his excessive negativity, even though a fair amount of what he brought up was true (he obviously couldn’t handle a rebuild, but who likes it really, better to have a team that’s always on top right?).  Didnt like when the minus was taken away, even though I used it maybe three times myself / felt it allowed us to police ourselves. The confused face is ok for that too though.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Virtanen brings a unique element with size and speed and great things appear from time to time.  He likely won't stick in the top 6, but if we keep paying him 1.5-2 mil to do what he does I am good with it.  He's not what we wanted him to be but he's certainly better than most with what he brings.  

It's from this season on we will see what Green wants from his players. People talked about rebuilding last season and that might be the reason your complaining. 

Green played a lot of players in different positions, tested different lines and maybe tanking. Probably because the Canucks didn't have the players to succeed. 

Some strange decisions can still confuse if Green is aiming for play off and utilise the players. 

I’m really happy with how Horvat and JV are playing right now. I’m pretty sure Green has tried to keep that line stocked with similar players and it works. The power forward line.

I remember JV played with the Sedin’s for a try out and even played with Pettersson for 2-3 games last year. It was pretty obvious it’s not a style that Jake plays well. He’s more North South.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Ferland and Jake are both guy that look to max out around ~45-55 point players and ~20g scorers.  

They will be hot and cold and will likely slide up and down the lineup appropriately.

Seems to me that Jake has moved up the lineup and Ferland down, so sounds like Jake is getting the better of the comparison at this time.

I don't have problem with a coach holding a player accountable and using them appropriately as they respond to the challenge.

One of the great things about Bo has always been how he responds to challenges from coaching, we could use more of that and Jake seems to be doing that this year.

1 minute ago, Johnny Torts said:

Man oh man.

Some just want to be spoon fed content!

Yup.  It's pretty clear you like Jake, and feel he has earned a longer leash.  I think having Ferland pushes Jake to be the player he needs to be (every shift).  I see Jake with Bo as a pair going forward for the next five years.  Two big boys, who are fast, skilled, determined, and defensively responsible.  I wonder if we see Ferland with those two, and Pearson as the guy who moves up and down lines?  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Pears said:

I’m almost positive nobody thought this 

Yep, 14 points in 11 games certainly says EP40 is tired of his coach :rolleyes:

Not calling you out, just using your post to provide context to mine.

Although EP has 14 points, which I'm loving.... I am concerned that he's not smiling... when he scores, or gets a couple assists, there is no emotion whatsoever in his reactions. I feel like something is missing for him. I don't know if it's the coach, his linemates or something. Almost looks disappointed when he gets results. Is it me? Or are other people noticing this?

The title says that you are DONE with Jake... The article in a roundabout way says put him on the top line I think. Even though Miller, boeser, and Peterson are playing really good together. Same with horvat and Jake, well maybe not really good but decent and getting better from what I've seen. Totally need another solid winger for that second line though, maybe Bartschi should of stayed up and been playing there??

Maybe don't drink and post and you won't get so much confusion about your message?

• Haha 1