The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks VS Kings, October 30, 2019 -- "Don't Lose to a Team Like That!" Edition

Rate this topic

therodigy

9 hours ago, King Heffy said:

LOL @ Hutton on their first pairing.  I like the guy but he's going to get exposed.  Hopefully someone teaches Doughty to read so he can check the standings before the game.

To be fair to Ben, he and Stecher filled in as the top pair and performed admirably for that 3-5 game span last season. He’s capable of the minutes, in short stints. But I do agree with you, definitely not a top pairing D on any team. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

With Hutton on the first pairing the Kings aren’t even trying to hide the fact they are now in full tank mode.   Love the Doughty rating on the OP, Edler is better ha ha and Myers is about the same.  

Dear Doughty,  I know the hockey universe started a love affair which I publicly was against after you scored two lucky goals in the Olympics, after winning a cup and then somehow winning another (which burned so bad - kept saying they were the luckiest team ever to win a cup - then they did it again “curses!!”)  Barely make the playoffs both times and then winning has at least shown the rest of the league under the cap ANY team can win one (against a team like that ha ha).   I’m so happy your contract and age of team is going to make the latter part of your career absolutely miserable.   But on the bright side you can eat your chips and have your naps and not worry about how out of shape you get - it will only help with the tanking - and maybe after a five year rebuild when your so “doughy” your skating sucks and your put in the AHL, your beloved Kings will make the playoffs again. 

We win 12-1.  New team record here we come!

This will be a good test for the team. I think the Canucks are catching some teams off guard this year with their relentless wave of quality lines one through four. LA has seen it already, and will make some adjustments. Can't wait to see how the Canucks reacte.

Ok tonight it begins, the true test of where we are at, To make the playoffs we need to take more points off of the California teams then we let get away. Three games means 6 points up for grabs.Take 4 of them and we are on the way. This is where we want to be. The team should be motivated against Doughty and his big mouth. Just play the way we have been playing and lets get the W.

• Upvote 2