The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Discussion: would you trade markstrom to the sharks?

On 10/29/2019 at 5:56 PM, wai_lai416 said:

Seeing how jones is struggling so mightily the last 2 season in SJ and they are pretty much in a win now mode.. would you considering trading markstrom to the sharks for a ransom? Do you have enough confidence in Demko moving forward? For me yes. If we can get a 1st and a high prospect out of SJ I would do it. Expansion draft is coming soon it’s unlikely we’ll be able to keep both markstrom and demko anyways if the price is right I’d do it. SJ season is in jeopardy to go down the toilet if they don’t address their goaltending soon enough.

I don't think San jose makes the playoffs without a goalie upgrade.. this doesn't exactly break my heart.. 

we are in a bit of a pickle with marky playing pretty solid & needing a contract this summer, while Demko is making his case for the calder.. 

I wonder if marky might be resigned for a bit more than he's worth, and then Demko is protected.. 

31 minutes ago, Glug Datt said:

I don't think San jose makes the playoffs without a goalie upgrade.. this doesn't exactly break my heart.. 

we are in a bit of a pickle with marky playing pretty solid & needing a contract this summer, while Demko is making his case for the calder.. 

I wonder if marky might be resigned for a bit more than he's worth, and then Demko is protected.. 

Demko isn’t even going to sniff the Calder.  There are too many solid candidates this year for a backup goalie who’ll likely play 30 games max to get consideration.  That said. He’s playing well 

1 hour ago, qwijibo said:

Demko isn’t even going to sniff the Calder.  There are too many solid candidates this year for a backup goalie who’ll likely play 30 games max to get consideration.  That said. He’s playing well 

wow.. crystal ball? 

what if Marky blows out a knee or something & TD inherits the #1, somehow managing to maintain his stellar play? I think he'd get a sniff..

but anyways I'm not saying he will, just that he's playing pretty much lights out so far which complicates the future goalie situation in Van.. not that there's anything unusual about that.. 

• 2 weeks later...