The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Don’t get too comfortable...

Rate this topic

bobo1763

Bobo- what clown.  Go back and read the posts he writes, all they do is poke at Marksrom and JV.  At first I thought maybe the Gaurdian was back so went and checked - nope.  

Don’t understand why anyone would want to start a thread like this that doesn’t live in a cave, under a bridge or in their parents basement.   Who’d ever pine for the dead puck era. 

Aren't like 4th in GA? According to NHL (http://www.nhl.com/stats/team?reportType=season&seasonFrom=20192020&seasonTo=20192020&gameType=2&filter=gamesPlayed,gte,1&sort=goalsAgainst), we have allowed 29 goals in 12 games = 2.41 GAA.

If we are winning 7-5 or 8-5 then this thread is justified but, we are winning games with scores like

5-3

7-2

5-5 (SO loss)

5-2

3-2

0-1

3-3 (SO win)

5-1

2-2 (SO win)

8-2.

We have given up more than 2 goals only three times in the last 10 games. 

Basically, we should be winning games 5-0 like we were during the peak of Sedin era for us to be legit? Actually, I hope we never get comfortable and continue to win games like we do now. 5-2, 5-3 is perfectly good enough of a win for me.

Edited by khay

8 hours ago, bobo1763 said:

Hello fellow Canuck fans!

I like most of you am pleased that the canucks have scored 22 goals in 4 games. We have long deserved it after many years of bad drafting (Virtanen, juolevi) and missed playoffs.

However, as usual the canucks are either getting scored on first or at least letting in  2+ goals a game. I cannot remember the last time we won a game 1-0, 2-0, 2-1, 3-1, 5-0. Etc. You get my point. Our goal tending is trash and has been consistently trash for every season for since we lost miller. Yeah markstroms has maybe a quarter of a season of good games in how many years?? 

This play is unsustainable. If they don’t crack down on goals against they will lose. 

flame away

Canucks are top 5 for goals against sitting at 2.42/game 

Do some research bud