The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL Western Conference division re-alignment ponderings

Rate this topic

Pacific division post-seattle expansion  

87 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hey nux fanz

I was just browsing over the standings in the division, and I was looking at the 8 teams in the division. I'm guessing it's safe to assume that Seattle will be placed in the Pacific Division (because if they're not that doesn't really make sense lol)

So that begs the question, then - which team currently in the Pacific will be shifted over to the Central?

I'm guessing maybe Arizona, as I doubt they'd move Calgary or Edmonton out of each other's division? And it's unlikely they'd move Vegas, especially with how long they've been in the league, and I don't see any of the Cali teams getting put in the Central either.

So that just leaves Arizona...

...or possibly, the Canucks? (Although that would mean no Van/Seattle divisional rivalry)

What does everyone think? Or has this already been announced somewhere and I'm just a dummy?

I shall include poll

Good day sirs

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

should cut it down a little. I wish it was Calgary going to the central but oh well :lol:

I dunno Jimmy. The Lames are one of those teams I get excited to see a game against because I've hated them for so long.

Arizona games are always pretty meh, and now that that big lumbering goof... (whatshisnameagain?) is gone there's no one on the yotes I really want to see maimed.

• Upvote 3

33 minutes ago, luckylager said:

I dunno Jimmy. The Lames are one of those teams I get excited to see a game against because I've hated them for so long.

Arizona games are always pretty meh, and now that that big lumbering goof... (whatshisnameagain?) is gone there's no one on the yotes I really want to see maimed.

good point. I would still love to hate Calgary too, I just wanted to see them get punished in the central too. i'd enjoy that a lot. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Arizona who then moves to Houston 

Phoenix is the 11th largest US market and growing.  Given that sponsorship revenue is based on market penetration rate it's highly unlikely that the NHL moves out of Phoenix - they would lose far too much money.  

1 hour ago, mll said:

Phoenix is the 11th largest US market and growing.  Given that sponsorship revenue is based on market penetration rate it's highly unlikely that the NHL moves out of Phoenix - they would lose far too much money.  

Houston is eighth.

Have a look....https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/nba-market-size-nfl-mlb-nhl-nielsen-ratings/

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, VanIsleNuckFan said:

It'll be nice having another team up here, look at poor Vancouver, they're all lonely over there. :sadno:

Once Seattle comes into the league Vancouver will be fine.  The Avs on the other hand, are gonna look like the red headed step child nobody wants to play with.