The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Ducks, November 1, 2019 // 7.00 PM PT // SNP

Rate this topic

ItalianCanuck1

West Coast Hughes is a special player.

Kid is going to be challenging to score 100 pts in 3 or 4  years when he hits his prime. 

Kids a gem 

Canucks should score their usual 5 goals but hopefully don't sleep on this ANA team.

I watched them play ARZ couple nights ago and they play hard. Can't wait.

• Upvote 1

Seeing MDZ and Guddy on their D makes me chuckle. I remember those two were our hope lol

ANA always seems to play tough, but unless the Canucks decide to mail it in and give half effort, I can't see them losing this game. I don't think they'll be taking any team lightly really. There are no easy games. I'd like to see Myers put Getzlaf in his place. Too bad Kesler isn't playing either, love watching a frustrated Kesler nowadays.  

• Like 1

Dan Murphy on sportsnet 650 - can't speculate but generally players who have had head injuries would be whisked away and evaluated after the game immediately, but Ferland was with the team and eating a meal.  Murph didn't want to say Ferland didn't have a concussion, but but based on what he saw, may not be the case.

7 hours ago, khay said:

MDZ is their #1 pairing? Guddy is #2 pairing? Their defence reminds me of Canucks in 2017. 

I think this will be a harder game compared to LA. Although Anaheim's D is poor, they have some good players up front and goaltending is still solid.

It makes me realize how good of a manager Doug Wilson is (Sharks). That team has never really had to rebuild in like 20 years. Just a bit of retooling as players got older but replaced by the next core fairly well.

There’s currently some major suckage going on in SAN Jose. Are they trying to imitate the 2018-19 St Louis Blues?

I have Timo Meier and his four points in my hockey pool, and I am not amused.:angry:

4 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Dan Murphy on sportsnet 650 - can't speculate but generally players who have had head injuries would be whisked away and evaluated after the game immediately, but Ferland was with the team and eating a meal.  Murph didn't want to say Ferland didn't have a concussion, but but based on what he saw, may not be the case.

Thought I heard stuff about Farley hurting his hand in the fight? 

9 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Thought I heard stuff about Farley hurting his hand in the fight? 

I didn't even realize he was hurt! But in the PGT someone found a picture of his hand, which looked inflamed. It was not in a slpint, though, so hopefully not long term.

5 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Lol did you watch the fight? Not one flush shot landed on Ferland, so I highly doubt he has kind of head issue. I'm sure his knuckles/hand are busted up as he landed a few helmet shots. 

• Cheers 2

9 hours ago, khay said:

MDZ is their #1 pairing? Guddy is #2 pairing? Their defence reminds me of Canucks in 2017. 

I think this will be a harder game compared to LA. Although Anaheim's D is poor, they have some good players up front and goaltending is still solid.

It makes me realize how good of a manager Doug Wilson is (Sharks). That team has never really had to rebuild in like 20 years. Just a bit of retooling as players got older but replaced by the next core fairly well.

Its so funny that sjs always seem to get the better player in any trade.

Almost seems like some outside influence on trades....

Brent burns trade, erik karlsson trade, evander kane trade, joe thornton trade...

5 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

Lol did you watch the fight? Not one flush shot landed on Ferland, so I highly doubt he has kind of head issue. I'm sure his knuckles/hand are busted up as he landed a few helmet shots. 

Yes I did see the fight.

I'm simply relaying information from what I heard on sportsnet 650, relax.