The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Ducks, November 1, 2019 // 7.00 PM PT // SNP

Rate this topic

ItalianCanuck1

Just now, theo5789 said:

Because he's done well in Utica and remained a professional and thus the next call up after Gaudette. I assume he was one of the last cuts and therefore the "next in line". I can understand if we are looking for a shake up on offense to slot him in, but that isn't the case. He's depth at this point and the team is performing well enough that I see no reason to sit someone out for him.

Why would a team deliberately hurt the career of someone.   Being recalled to be an extra also does nothing for his trade value. 

• Like 1

Just now, NUCKER67 said:

I don't understand why Baertschi is being recalled, but good for him anyway. I guess Gaudette (the bigger player) is sitting against this big Ducks team? Good luck Sven, keep your head up.

Gaudette is playing.  

• Thanks 1

Wouldn't mind putting both Baer and  Gaudette in.

JT Miller  Petey  Boes

Baer  Horvat  Virtanen

Pearson  Sutter  Gaudette

Schaller  Beagle  Leivo

Eriksson

* could swap Gaudette and Leivo

Both Baer and Gaudette provide some offense and Baer is defensively responsible.  Leivo in for Loui as Leiov plays a faster and more tenacious game.

Thats a good looking line up with a bit more offense than we had and just as good a defense.

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, mll said:

Why would a team deliberately hurt the career of someone.   Being recalled to be an extra also does nothing for his trade value. 

How are they deliberately hurting his career?

Benning has said they weren't done with him. They still had plans for him. To me it sounds like he's simply in our depth. Even if they play him as a showcase, then it wouldn't be long. That's what happened with Gagner. I guess we will see how this plays out.

2 hours ago, The_Cherry said:

ANAHEIM! 

Strange, in Japan I keep reading California headlines like it's the coming apocalypse: Fires, 1000's of homeless, syringes, faeces, taxes from Hell, corrupt Hollyweird, etc...

It sounds like a place you'd NEVER wanna' stay, if one were sent there. How does Hotel California sound played backwards? At any rate...

GCG!!!

• Haha 1