Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Mark Letestu out 6 months with heart virus

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

The Jets can't catch a break -- wishing all the best for Letestu:

 

Quote

Winnipeg Jets centre Mark Letestu will be sidelined at least six months with myocarditis, a virus that attacks the heart, coach Paul Maurice told reporters Thursday.

 

The 34-year-old from Elk Point, Alta., will be limited to light activity during that period. He is expected to make a full recovery.

 

 

The 11-year-old veteran of the NHL is pointless in seven games with the Jets this season.

 

He has recorded 210 points across 567 games with the Edmonton Oilers, Pittsburgh Penguins, Columbus Blue Jackets and Jets.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/jets-mark-letestu-six-months-heart-virus/

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Poor guy.  Dude could easily have a heart attack and/or a stroke if his heart swells up and goes into an uncontrollable rhythm.  Hopefully he plants his arse in an ez chair and relaxes until the symptoms lessen.  Can't play next season if you're pushing up daisies.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, SabreFan1 said:

Too early to count them out.  We all counted out the Blues last season and look where they ended up.

True, but look who the Jets have on D, and what the Blues had last year.  Plus, the Blues all play the right way.  The Jets don't have the same buy in from their group.  Your Sabres will sustain their level of play, because they are all buying in and their D is great.  The Jets are done, and headed for a lottery pick.  That's if they still have their first.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

True, but look who the Jets have on D, and what the Blues had last year.  Plus, the Blues all play the right way.  The Jets don't have the same buy in from their group.  Your Sabres will sustain their level of play, because they are all buying in and their D is great.  The Jets are done, and headed for a lottery pick.  That's if they still have their first.

 

You're more positive about the Sabres than I am.  Their underlying numbers along with the strength of the Atlantic division this year has them pegged as a 7 or 8th seed wildcard.  If their goaltending eventually craps out like I expect it to, they'll miss the playoffs entirely.

Edited by SabreFan1
  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Terrible news for Letestu, and the Jets. They've had a very tough 5-6 months. The whole thing with Laine whining and holding out, and then Byfuglien contemplating retirement, and losing half their D, Tanev, Perreault, etc.   

 

I'm from WPG originally, and the last couple of years my WPG friends were having a good old time cheering on the Jets (while the Canucks struggled), super excited they had Laine, a playoff team, Cup favourite even. But now, they've taken a major step back and I'm not sure they make the playoffs this year. Not looking good for them and it could get worse. Byfuglien could retire, same with Letestu. Laine might get sick of losing and want a trade, etc. He seems like that kind of player.

 

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

Poor guy.  Dude could easily have a heart attack and/or a stroke if his heart swells up and goes into an uncontrollable rhythm.  Hopefully he plants his arse in an ez chair and relaxes until the symptoms lessen.  Can't play next season if you're pushing up daisies.

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SabreFan1 said:

 

You're more positive about the Sabres than I am.  Their underlying numbers along with the strength of the Atlantic division this year has them pegged as a 7 or 8th seed wildcard.  If their goaltending eventually craps out like I expect it to, they'll miss the playoffs entirely.

Sabres young players have matured, and are playing the right way.  They play hard, and in straight lines.  Their D has bigger bodies, who can handle the heavier traffic and stay healthy.  I don't know much about the goalies, but when the team is playing the right way, it limits the shots to the outside, and the goalies do better.  The Sabres will finish ahead of the Leafs.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Monty said:

Which one? And not that I don’t believe you, but show work as well.

 It’s not Scheifele.  He’s awesome.  It’s not Wheeler.  Super hard to play against.  It’s not Connor.  Straight ahead guy, who always plays the right way.  There is one forward though, who plays east west.  Guess who?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Alflives said:

 It’s not Scheifele.  He’s awesome.  It’s not Wheeler.  Super hard to play against.  It’s not Connor.  Straight ahead guy, who always plays the right way.  There is one forward though, who plays east west.  Guess who?  

*sigh*
 

I guess I asked for too much. And the fact that you don’t know that Scheifele isn’t great defensively is kinda the proof I needed. It’s alright.

 

Night.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...