The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks recall Sven Baertschi

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

35 minutes ago, gurn said:

not too many people would tell, a guy recovering from a concussion, "we think you are afraid to play the right way, so we are sending you down"

Why not.  For him he was no longer in their plans and was hoping to get claimed.

1 hour ago, mll said:

Benning said Green wanted to go in another direction and he was no longer a fit.  Benning also explained that he was not a PP consideration - they had Pearson, Leivo, Ferland ahead of him on the PP.

I think Baer is a better offensive player than Leivo and Ferland, and it is a toss up between him and Pearson. All three of those players are shot first guys. 

2 minutes ago, LucBourdon28 said:

Tough to see Ferland get injured, he isn't just a warm body because he brings intangibles with hitting and playing a strong game. He will be missed and I am hoping for a full recovery.

Have the Canucks even said what the injury is that's keeping Furley out?  If it was a hand injury (as I suspect) wouldn't they just say that?  If it was a concussion, as a consequence of the fight, why would they keep that quiet?  I don't get all the hush...hush around this?

13 hours ago, playboi19 said:

2nd time on waivers he'll get picked up, teams know what they have by now.

30 days on the roster or 10 NHL games before he needs to go on waivers again.  The team could put him back on waivers earlier though.  If he doesn't play he's not going to get claimed.

Edited by mll
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, mll said:

That was not his understanding.  He said they phoned him and told him he is going on waivers - doesn't fit the team.  The reporter asked him about the discussion Benning/Green had with his agent - and wrote that Baertschi wondered how can he be a recall option when he doesn't fit the team.

Where did you hear/read that? The article I read, said management reached out to Baertschi’s agent and said he was still in their plans. That was around 2 weeks ago.