The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

This team is set up for years to come. Will we become the NHLs next dynasty?

Rate this topic

Gator

Our Future  

129 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

In a homer sense, Heck ya we're the next dynasty. I'll, of course, temper expectations, but I am absolutely on the woot woot to the playoffs and being contenders starting now train.

We have elite skill at every position, top-notch depth, size, strength, speed, some veteran but more youth, and prospects champing at the bit (yes, it's champing and not chomping).

Aside from going 0-2, this team is dominating every team for most of the game. There's no doubt in my mind that we're going to win most of our games and be very difficult to beat.

Let's goooooo!!! :towel:

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Jester13 said:

In a homer sense, Heck ya we're the next dynasty. I'll, of course, temper expectations, but I am absolutely on the woot woot to the playoffs and being contenders starting now train.

We have elite skill at every position, top-notch depth, size, strength, speed, some veteran but more youth, and prospects champing at the bit (yes, it's champing and not chomping).

Aside from going 0-2, this team is dominating every team for most of the game. There's no doubt in my mind that we're going to win most of our games and be very difficult to beat.

Let's goooooo!!! :towel:

This is pretty much how I feel.  No such thing as a dynasty anymore, the team would have to have so much buy in that they would all take huge discounts to play on it (premier UFAs and RFAs).  So far that hasn’t happened in the cap era.  Toews and Kane took their 10 million (and they deserved it) and said goodbye to more cups (soon at least).   TB has accrued a huge amount of talent with somewhat team friendly deals BUT it’s just the taxes, not much more. 

JBs contracts have all been fair so far, so at least there is that (Edler, Myers, Horvat, Benn, BB - all are pretty decent-good team deals).   EP is playing himself into a huge deal, I’m hoping JB does an early deal like Keller - max term.   Something in the 8.5 range.   He’s the only guy that’s going to get top dollar it seems, maybe Hughes too - as long as they are not crippling we should be ok.  

We lost last night to arguably the best young goaltender in the game - no shame in that.   Outplayed and outshot the guy, JM got us that point (Boo Boo the clown can suck eggs). 

We’ve had one game this year that wasn’t great - still got a point - other then that we’re the better team almost every night.  That says a lot about the team.   Four lines that could at any time score a goal is incredibly hard to defend against.    As long as everyone keeps  contributing we won’t just make the playoffs this year, but scare the crap out of anyone that has to play a series against us.  Great times ahead - this is the best team the Canucks have iced since 2012.   AND it’s just getting started.

Can really imagine what the prime years are going to look like - that comes at a cap cost though - so these next two years are extremely important to do as much damage as possible.  Cups can and have been won with young teams on entry level deals (PIT/CHI).  At this point if we went all the way this year or the next (more likely) it wouldn’t surprise me one bit.   Not expecting a cup (there is a thing called “Canuck Luck” ) but at some point the odds have to make up.  The next decade.... well we should reign supreme in our division, with a good to decent rivalry with EDM  and possibly CAL again to boot.

The Cali teams are going to fall hard.  All of them.  Our time is now right through to the late 2020’s. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Haha well I like the enthusiasm OP!  

I think we're 1 top-3 (new term, I'm coining it) D-man away, and 2 playoff forwards (think Brayden Schenn, Joe Pavelski) away.  

The odds are pretty good for both right now....  to me guys like Edler, Tanev, Klefbom, Giordano, Hamhuis are the kind that can be on your top pairing and are above average for a 2nd pairing, so that's what I mean by top-3 d-man.  
I believe that we have three guys in our system that have a chance to be in our top 2 D pairings: Jett Woo, Jack Rathbone and Nikita Tryamkin.  Nikita is the most likely to do it, but Jack and Jett have a lot of potential.  It shouldn't be overlooked that going from amateur to pro leagues is a huge step that most of the prospects are not able to make, so we'll see how Jack Rathbone and Jett Woo do next year when they both turn pro.  

As far as forwards that we have in the system, I'm very excited to see how well Kole Lind, Tyler Madden, Jasek, Podkolzin and Hoglander do as they move up to AHL and then the NHL.  We really need at least two of those guys to pan out.  Podkolzin is extremely young so if he even cracks the KHL lineup for 20 games this year, it will be a success. Hoglander had a 5 game suspension early in his season, so we'll see how he does this year.  I do see him making the jump next year and starting in the AHL.  Madden needs to dominate in the NCAA and he's off to a good start.  

Having said all of that, I think that Colorado is the one building a dynasty.  Their young core is just off the charts...  thanks a lot Ottawa :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, IBatch said:

This is pretty much how I feel.  No such thing as a dynasty anymore, the team would have to have so much buy in that they would all take huge discounts to play on it (premier UFAs and RFAs).  So far that hasn’t happened in the cap era.  Toews and Kane took their 10 million (and they deserved it) and said goodbye to more cups (soon at least).   TB has accrued a huge amount of talent with somewhat team friendly deals BUT it’s just the taxes, not much more. 

JBs contracts have all been fair so far, so at least there is that (Edler, Myers, Horvat, Benn, BB - all are pretty decent-good team deals).   EP is playing himself into a huge deal, I’m hoping JB does an early deal like Keller - max term.   Something in the 8.5 range.   He’s the only guy that’s going to get top dollar it seems, maybe Hughes too - as long as they are not crippling we should be ok.  

We lost last night to arguably the best young goaltender in the game - no shame in that.   Outplayed and outshot the guy, JM got us that point (Boo Boo the clown can suck eggs). 

We’ve had one game this year that wasn’t great - still got a point - other then that we’re the better team almost every night.  That says a lot about the team.   Four lines that could at any time score a goal is incredibly hard to defend against.    As long as everyone keeps  contributing we won’t just make the playoffs this year, but scare the crap out of anyone that has to play a series against us.  Great times ahead - this is the best team the Canucks have iced since 2012.   AND it’s just getting started.

Can really imagine what the prime years are going to look like - that comes at a cap cost though - so these next two years are extremely important to do as much damage as possible.  Cups can and have been won with young teams on entry level deals (PIT/CHI).  At this point if we went all the way this year or the next (more likely) it wouldn’t surprise me one bit.   Not expecting a cup (there is a thing called “Canuck Luck” ) but at some point the odds have to make up.  The next decade.... well we should reign supreme in our division, with a good to decent rivalry with EDM  and possibly CAL again to boot.

The Cali teams are going to fall hard.  All of them.  Our time is now right through to the late 2020’s. 

Something in me says our core will end up signing some team-friendly/manageable contracts in order to be able to ice the hottest team in hockey for years to come. This is the type of buy-in I feel like JB and Green are continuing and improving upon. If we continue to dominate as a team, I don't think any one player can speak up and say it's all them and they deserve the max everything. This young core is already tight as a group, and as they grow and win together, so, too, will their desire to stay together and dominate for years as teammates and friends. This is part of our Nuck identity, imho. 

• Upvote 1

On 11/2/2019 at 12:11 AM, BrockBoester said:

Ahhh fellow Brock enthusiast

I love myself a good Canucks dynasty thread

I say this is the first year of our dynasty so we're on the same page

Cups galore!

He follows in your footsteps. 

Did you clone yourself? 

On 11/1/2019 at 5:39 PM, 6string said:

I dunno about a dynasty but I'm betting that a Colorado/Vancouver rivalry starts this season.

May want to change starts to restarts. The rivalry of the Naslund era was quite competitive.

Edited by jmfaminoff
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, jmfaminoff said:

May want to change starts to restarts. The rivalry of the Naslund era was quite competitive.

Yep.  One of the few actual ones we’ve ever had, and we played second fiddle to the COL/DET one that went on until even after Roy retired.   The best ones are usually in your own division - so a lot of hate can accrue over the regular season....Between 96-2002 COL/DET met in the playoffs 7 times, 5 in the conference finals and won 5 cups between them.    We’ve never done anything like that with any team, but we were always nipping at COLs coattails and did have one of our best rivalries with them.   CAL/VAN in the early 90’s were always fight filled nasty affairs too. Both big tough skilled teams and went after each other hammer and tong to take over the old Smythe division once EDM lost their players....some of the best hockey I’ve ever seen was back then, and in the WCE era against COL...

#1 centre Petey

#1 winger Brock

#1 dman Hughes

#1 goalie Demko

These guys alone are why we're so good so fast and not only have the potential to win a cup but also the potential to win multiple cups like Chicago or Pitts. A SC winning team needs #1 players at every position, and we have that. However, we also have a #1 shutdown/Selke calibre centreman in Bo, and way too much depth of vets and youth and prospects to start listing them all. 

We're looking better than we ever have in our 50 years. Never have we had elite players be Calder favourites two years in a row with the likely hood of another one this year. JB deserves mad credit for what he's done to this franchise. We could win so many awards this year it's insane. Dynasty? Maybe. Contenders for years and years and years to come? Absolutely.

So I guess team Tank was a success in stocking the selves with higher picks.

Petey, Quinn, Pod, Woo, Hogs all from Team Tank. 

I was a proud member of team Tank the last few seasons knowing it was needed  to get outa the trap of stuck in the middle drafting. A little pain a whole lotta gain for future success. 

Teams need a few high end players on their roster Tanking is the easiest way to get those players. 

now that the Canucks are in great shape and Team Tank Is retired it actually should get a place in the Ring of Honor if Canucks win a cup in the next few years.

New Era of Canucks hockey proudly brought to you by Team Tank.