The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Sharks Nov 2 7PM on CBC

Rate this topic

Baer.

1 minute ago, Knucklehd said:

Sadly, I agree.  I just enjoy watching him play so much.

After watching before and after Quinn in the line-up.... I think I'm not alone in saying, already he's the second most important player on this team after Markstrom.  Unbelievable how much better he makes the teams breakouts, transition, and pp.  But don't rush him back!

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Hogs & Podz said:

After watching before and after Quinn in the line-up.... I think I'm not alone in saying, already he's the second most important player on this team after Markstrom.  Unbelievable how much better he makes the teams breakouts, transition, and pp.  But don't rush him back!

I think he may actually already be the most important player the canucks have ever had. him being on the ice by default backs off the defending team. when he has the puck, it's his. 

god i hope he stays loyal to this organization when the time comes to make that decision. 

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, tas said:

I think he may actually already be the most important player the canucks have ever had. him being on the ice by default backs off the defending team. when he has the puck, it's his. 

god i hope he stays loyal to this organization when the time comes to make that decision. 

Lets not get ahead of ourselves... But yes I agree, we've never had a defencemen of his caliber period.  

Personally I think the goalie positions always going to be the most valuable on any given team but a franchise defencemen not far behind.

• Like 1

Their record might not reflect the fact SJ is still a good team.

Can't take these guys lightly.

Also, we're in Cali so expect the refs to be kissing up to ol Gory Buttman with a stunning rendition of four blind mice and mind boggling calls perfectly timed to kill any Canuck momentum or game flow.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Hogs & Podz said:

Love me some Hughes but I'd rank Horvat above Hughes as of right now. But Hughes is indeed up there. Edler is pretty close too. Eats a lot of important minutes usually against the opposing team's best forwards. Pretty much 25 minutes a game so far.

1 minute ago, ruilin96 said:

Brian Pochmara refing this game again?! He was the one who called the Delay of Game Penalty on Marky last night. Boys better be sharp and ready for some PK minutes tonight.

Wasn't professional at all but I'd still prefer him over a repeat offender with a history of match-fixing.  Hopefully Benning has done his job and advised the league that Pochmara's conduct last night was not acceptable.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Love me some Hughes but I'd rank Horvat above Hughes as of right now. But Hughes is indeed up there. Edler is pretty close too. Eats a lot of important minutes usually against the opposing team's best forwards. Pretty much 25 minutes a game so far.

It takes a team for sure.  But I hace to disagree... After Quinn was removed, the whole team functioned at a slower less sharp pace.  Not nearly as dangerous.  I agree Horvat is very important but taking him out of the lineup vs Hughes.  Hughes already influnences the whole team structure and execution more than anyone else on the team.

• Upvote 2