The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Sharks Nov 2 7PM on CBC

Rate this topic

Baer.

Just now, N7Nucks said:

This is a better option rather than trading Seattle assets to keep a guy we already have. Just move him for some assets near the expansion draft, roll with Demko. He looks good enough to possibly take the reigns here and now. But thankfully he won't have to. By the time the Expansion draft rolls around Demko will be ready, move Marky for some picks/prospects. Let Seattle take someone else.

Any of the options are fine, but just letting either one of them go for free to Seattle is a ridiculous take.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Chronic.Canucks.Fan said:

Marchand is trash.

Apparently he is hated by fans of every team that is not named Boston. Embarrassed that he is Canadian to be honest. 

8 minutes ago, Unknown1995 said:

Thornton was just too good for a long time as a playmaker. Crazy to think that he was drafted 2 years BEFORE the sedins and is still in NHL today. Imagine if the sedins played as long as he did and were still putting up 50+ points a year. That would mean they would be playing last season, this season and the next. 

Also they drafted pretty well with late round picks. 

Honestly, I think the Sedins still could get 50 points on this team. It's better that they have retired though. Made room for some youth.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, appleboy said:

I was thinking it was this summer but it is for the 21 / 22 season. A lot of things can change between now and then. Maybe we win a cup. They will either resign Marky this year or trade him. I guess we will see.  

this off-season would be a great time to trade Markstrom, but we would have to see where Demko and DiPietro are at, or what the backup goalie market is.